Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 8 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 am

I'm so-so about his reviews.

Tim and Eric's Billion dollar movie is pretty damn awesome! I didn't know, but I should have guessed?, that you could hook up a computer to a fucking movie screen. I wish Neil Hamburger had been in it and that Richard Dunn could have.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 8 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Just 3 boyz is the only thing I've ever liked of theirs.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:10 pm

i apologize for the comments about ebert. i was not being serious and i know they were not appropriate comments to make.

ive always liked ebert and his reviews.
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:37 pm

pussy.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 pm

lol

Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Last edited by Guero on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:25 pm

thats hott although i think lizard looks retarded
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:27 pm

it is hot, but lizard does look pretty silly.

i think this series will be better than the toby series.
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:13 am

The spiderman suit looks awful, but I'm excited to see what they will do with the Lizard.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:13 pm

my parents went out last night with other couples and after dinner they all decided to see the descendents... my dad called it a "chick-flick." is this true? i heard its depressing but i love every character in every alexander payne movie for their quirks and the humor payne finds.. i think my dads definition of a chick flick is much different than mine..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm

hmm I didn't get that sense. It's more of a "middle aged" flick. lol.
It's just a drama with some cheap comedic relief character.
It's not bad, but it probably doesn't deserve all the hype it's getting.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 pm

I heard the same as you, that it's depressing. That's all I know about the movie.

My personal definition of chick flick is a romance-themed film (usually a romantic comedy, but can be a drama too) with a heavily female-dominated cast. I don't know if the Descendants would fall into that category.

By "female-dominated", I mean when the real acting is done by the females, and the men are basically only support devices, obstacles or goals for the women to achieve.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:03 pm

It's definitely not a chick flick by your definition since there is no romance involved and it's really just about real estate in hawaii and people dealing with death and infidelity.

And in that movie it's the females that are support devices.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:24 am

Safehouse = very very cool!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:00 am

I saw Phantom Menace in 3D. That was a fucking stupid idea.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Not as bad as watching it in D-Box. Or any movie in D-Box.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 am

Saw The Artist earlier, I hearted it. That dog should get the Oscar.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:19 am

ale wrote:Safehouse = very very cool!

Thank you! I've been waiting for someone to say something about this movie. I felt somewhat interested in it, but I wasn't sure I could take a movie in which it's possible that Ryan Reynolds could take out Denzel Washington seriously. So you've given me some hope, Ale!
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 am

Glad you liked The Artist! The dog is so precious.

Snoogans wrote:
ale wrote:Safehouse = very very cool!

Thank you! I've been waiting for someone to say something about this movie. I felt somewhat interested in it, but I wasn't sure I could take a movie in which it's possible that Ryan Reynolds could take out Denzel Washington seriously. So you've given me some hope, Ale!
It was very fun to watch and I loved Washington's character. I love the "rogue agent" motif, or whatever the hell that would be called, in movies.
The settings they used to film the action scenes were cool.
If you do end up seeing it, tell us what you thought!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:31 pm

The Artist was fantastic. Definitely the most unique and interesting movie I've seen in years. It was so weird hearing my own voice after leaving the theatre. 1.5 hours of straight silent film will make you forget you can talk. 10/10

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar movie wasn't as good as I was expecting. It was funny, but not really any funnier than their show, imo. I laughed, but I was disappointed. 4/10
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:59 pm

The prosthetic cock and balls should bump that score to a 5/10
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:13 pm

I think it bumped it FROM a 5/10
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 pm

sad face
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:16 am

Secret World of Arrietty is Miyazaki's worst film. goddammit. It's genuinely not very good. That was disappointing.

I know saying it's his worst isn't saying a lot because his work tends to be great! But still, man.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Martha Marcy May Marlene was really good. Kinda wonder why Elizabeth Olsen made us deal with her sisters for so long, she's really good. Movie was obviously very influenced by Manson, so John Hawkes was a good choice for the cult leader.

Young Adult was good, but in certain ways I identified with Charlize Theron's character a little too well. Thankfully I'm not that crazy though. Both her and Patton were great in it though.

Rubber was silly, but not really either good or bad, but I did laugh a bunch of times watching it. It was like it wanted to be a modern day Killer Tomatoes, but fell short.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 am

ale wrote:Secret World of Arrietty is Miyazaki's worst film. goddammit. It's genuinely not very good. That was disappointing.

I know saying it's his worst isn't saying a lot because his work tends to be great! But still, man.

Well he didn't direct it... so there's that.

Although critics seem to love it.

I'm probably going to go see it tomorrow.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:00 am

ah, I didn't know that. I heard the book or it was good.
Yeah, I see it's getting a lot of good reviews. It's just boring and doesn't compare to his other work.

Tell me what you think. I may be way off on this.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 pm

I actually loved it. The only criticism I probably have was that I felt it could have been longer and more time could have been spent explaining some of the context of what happened in the past. But I can understand wanting to keep a kids movie at around 90 minutes.

I thought the animation was spectacular. The characterization of all the bugs and wildlife was totally adorable and fantastic.

The dub was serviceable... I'd like to see it in japanese. I thought the voice acting of the Mother and the Boy in the dub left something to be desired and I'd love to see it in the original language.

I think this is probably the best thing Ghibli has put out since Spirited Away.

Even if you didn't like it... it's definitely not as bad as Tales of Earthsea or My Neighbor the Yamadas. The story pulled me in a lot more than Ponyo did.

I'd say it's pretty comparable in quality to the Cat Returns, although I haven't read the book so I can't speak to how good of an adaptation it might be.

Were there specific things about it that made you have such a low opinion of it? I saw it in a theater with mostly children and they were laughing the whole time and seemed to really like it. So in the very least they seemed to hit their target audience well.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:35 pm

I agree with the bugs part. I loved that (the roli poli and grasshoppers were great), and I also enjoyed how they adapted the staples, etc to their own size and use.

I just thought it was boring. Even though it was about tiny people it had none of the "magical" feel the others tend to have. The characters were very bland and when they weren't they were just annoying (the mother).

There were a few kids in the row below us. They liked the bugs too but seemed bored otherwise. The theatre we saw it at was probably 1/4 children/parents and the rest college-ish age.

It was just boring. And I didn't think the animation was anything notable.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 am

Well I think the magical nature of the film is sort of limited by the source material. It's not really fair to criticize them for trying to do something different, but if you think it's boring that's fair.

I thought the animation was great. Especially the scene where she see's the kitchen for the first time and between the view and the sound you got a real sense of awe. The personality in the wildlife we both agreed was awesome. The sense of scale between them and every day house hold items was great. The water droplet's sticking to her body was pretty neat too. And the personality from the character's were great artistically, which is part of the reason I didn't like the dub. Often the American actors didn't seem to be emoting correctly with the animation. And not in a lip sync way, but more in their tone.

Maybe it's just because I watch a lot of animated movies that I notice these things, but if it's boring or not, they certainly killed it with the animation.

It's a shame that hand drawn animation is dying in the US. To some extent it's not doing well in Japan either. But it's great when we can get movies like this and Redline (which came out last year) that show us that Hand Drawn animation can still be awesome.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 am

I didn't really consider the dub, but I should have. I grew up watching DB and DBZ in Spanish. A lot was lost when I watched the English dub, and I noticed more when I watched them in subs instead. I attributed a lot of the characters' personalities to their voice and tone so I guess I was wrong to do that. But even then I felt the storyline was boring.

I didn't see Redline. Not sure I even heard of it?
I get really excited when I see makeup effects and puppets in movies.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 am

Redline was an anime that came out last year, but was release on dvd this year I think.

It was hand drawn and they spent like 7 years on it or something ridiculous like that.

It's a throw back to the old 80s anime. It's totally ridiculous and straight forward Death Race type story, with wild over the top hand drawn ultra stylized animation.

It the type of thing that people would have watched along with Akira or Ninja Scroll. It's the type of thing that could get a new generation of kids into Japanese Animation. It's awesome.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Slumber Party Massacre is a fun movie. lots of tits, but also an important message.

Don't get drilled to death.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:06 am

never wrote:Redline was an anime that came out last year, but was release on dvd this year I think.

It was hand drawn and they spent like 7 years on it or something ridiculous like that.

It's a throw back to the old 80s anime. It's totally ridiculous and straight forward Death Race type story, with wild over the top hand drawn ultra stylized animation.

It the type of thing that people would have watched along with Akira or Ninja Scroll. It's the type of thing that could get a new generation of kids into Japanese Animation. It's awesome.
This does sounds awesome! Thanks, I'll see if I can find it and the time to watch it!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:14 am

Watched Another Earth last night and I really liked it. But one thing that really bugged me was that some of it was shot really beautifully while at others it looked like shaky cam found footage camera shots. Other than that, I dug it.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Saw The Grey last night. Yeah I was a little bit late on that. Major spoilers ahead.

I liked the movie for the most part, but some aspects of it I found to be hilariously bad. First of all, Liam Neeson can't sell love. He just can't. A crumpled up piece of paper isn't going to do it, no matter how many times he pulls it out and frowns at it. Secondly, I felt like I was watching a Final Destination movie with all the different creative ways people were dying. I mean really, one guy plummets off a cliff, another guy drowns, another guy just dies from the cold, someone dies taking a piss (I think in any film, whenever anyone needs to take a piss, you might as well call that guy a goner.), and someone dies just because he didn't have the willpower to keep going. I think we've covered all the bases here.

I had a major issue with the fact that there were seemingly dozens upon dozens of wolves in this pack, and the crew was only able to kill one of them. I would've preferred a movie that played more like a chess game. Liam Neeson's character had a remarkable idea when he was talking about dwindling their numbers and gaining the numerical advantage, considering that's what the wolves were trying to do to the crew. I was hoping it would be somewhat evenly matched at some point, but it never got close to that.

I would have had an issue with the ending, but I thought about it a little bit on the way home and just felt like there aren't really many good ways to end that movie. If he had killed the alpha it would have been an entertaining scene, but what next? The wolves let him go? That wouldn't convince me. He kills the alpha, finds a way to escape and gets rescued? Oh god, I would have HATED the movie if that happened. How many movies have ended that way? The fairytale ending just doesn't seem right for a movie like this. Liam and the alpha kill each other? Mmmmaybe. I don't know. I guess I like it the way it is. I'd be willing to bet this movie was made before it had an ending, and they chose to end it that way because all the alternate endings just had "tacky" written all over it. Either way, I probably would have liked to see Liam go solo for a little while before ending the movie. Give him more philosophical time to accept his fate. I think he should've pulled out that note again, and destroyed it, thus "letting go" and forsaking his own humanity and giving in to his own wild violence. Or would that be too similar to The Hurt Locker?

One more criticism: If I'm ever in that situation, I'm not going to be heading toward trees, I'm going to be heading in whatever direction the wind is blowing. If I could slip past the wolves and end up downwind of them, they wouldn't be able to pick up my scent anymore. Not saying the plan is surefire, but I would think it a better idea than heading toward a bunch of trees where wolves might consider having a den.

Either way, I found the movie entertaining. Giving this one a 6/10.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 am

The Separation was very very good. Didn't seem as long as it was and the acting was great. I loved the complicated storyline. There was a lot going on in this movie.

Bullhead wasn't bad. There were a few superficial characters and story arcs and the ending left a lot to desired. It's a cool concept and the main dude's acting was very good. I enjoyed the sprinkled-in humor.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:16 am

winterborne1 wrote:Saw The Grey last night. Yeah I was a little bit late on that. Major spoilers ahead.

I liked the movie for the most part, but some aspects of it I found to be hilariously bad. First of all, Liam Neeson can't sell love. He just can't. A crumpled up piece of paper isn't going to do it, no matter how many times he pulls it out and frowns at it. Secondly, I felt like I was watching a Final Destination movie with all the different creative ways people were dying. I mean really, one guy plummets off a cliff, another guy drowns, another guy just dies from the cold, someone dies taking a piss (I think in any film, whenever anyone needs to take a piss, you might as well call that guy a goner.), and someone dies just because he didn't have the willpower to keep going. I think we've covered all the bases here.

I had a major issue with the fact that there were seemingly dozens upon dozens of wolves in this pack, and the crew was only able to kill one of them. I would've preferred a movie that played more like a chess game. Liam Neeson's character had a remarkable idea when he was talking about dwindling their numbers and gaining the numerical advantage, considering that's what the wolves were trying to do to the crew. I was hoping it would be somewhat evenly matched at some point, but it never got close to that.

I would have had an issue with the ending, but I thought about it a little bit on the way home and just felt like there aren't really many good ways to end that movie. If he had killed the alpha it would have been an entertaining scene, but what next? The wolves let him go? That wouldn't convince me. He kills the alpha, finds a way to escape and gets rescued? Oh god, I would have HATED the movie if that happened. How many movies have ended that way? The fairytale ending just doesn't seem right for a movie like this. Liam and the alpha kill each other? Mmmmaybe. I don't know. I guess I like it the way it is. I'd be willing to bet this movie was made before it had an ending, and they chose to end it that way because all the alternate endings just had "tacky" written all over it. Either way, I probably would have liked to see Liam go solo for a little while before ending the movie. Give him more philosophical time to accept his fate. I think he should've pulled out that note again, and destroyed it, thus "letting go" and forsaking his own humanity and giving in to his own wild violence. Or would that be too similar to The Hurt Locker?

One more criticism: If I'm ever in that situation, I'm not going to be heading toward trees, I'm going to be heading in whatever direction the wind is blowing. If I could slip past the wolves and end up downwind of them, they wouldn't be able to pick up my scent anymore. Not saying the plan is surefire, but I would think it a better idea than heading toward a bunch of trees where wolves might consider having a den.

Either way, I found the movie entertaining. Giving this one a 6/10.
MORE SPOLILERS.....
I agree with a couple things you said. Particularly the issue with the note he wrote to his wife, I found that very cheesy and not sold so well. I also agree that the deaths weren't so original and there were a ton of wolves. I also found it a little suspicious that they just happen to end up in the liar at the end.

I don't agree however that they should have been able to kill more wolves. These guys just survived a plane crash and are totally out of their element (in freezing conditions) and have no weapons or food at all. I'm impressed that they killed one. It would be shocking and quite frankly unbelievable if they killed any more.

As far as the ending goes I thought it was great, they were never going to survive that. They never had a chance. Any ending where some of them did would have been cheep. I thought the transition that liam's character made from wanting to kill himself to fighting until the bitter end was terrific and really all the movie needed. Once that was fully shown, why go on any further, we already know he's dead.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:47 am

ale wrote:The Separation was very very good. Didn't seem as long as it was and the acting was great. I loved the complicated storyline. There was a lot going on in this movie.

Bullhead wasn't bad. There were a few superficial characters and story arcs and the ending left a lot to desired. It's a cool concept and the main dude's acting was very good. I enjoyed the sprinkled-in humor.

i want to see both of these.. where did you see them? or did you just d/l them?
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:02 pm

I saw Thin Ice the other day.

I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding it and the director doesn't want her name on the film, and she can't legally talk about what happened and why they recut the entire film and soundtrack without her.

But, I really liked it. It wasn't the best movie, but it was really funny. And totally entertaining. The cast was perfect, and i just wish I could see the original cut of the film, that is apparently supposed to be a lot better than the version I saw.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:45 pm

NOT MONGO wrote:
ale wrote:The Separation was very very good. Didn't seem as long as it was and the acting was great. I loved the complicated storyline. There was a lot going on in this movie.

i want to see both of these.. where did you see them? or did you just d/l them?
I saw them at a movie theatre. There are a handful of theatres here (The Nickelodeon, The Del Mar, and Aptos Cinema) that tend to play some foreign/small release and Magnet films. We're definitely spoiled with good movies.

Watched The Taint last night. It was pretty great. The effects were amazing. The acting wasn't too good but it somehow worked. There are a few slow points but it tends to pick up pretty quickly. I streamed it online somewhere. I recommend it if you're into Troma sort of films and/or penises spewing massive amounts of cum before being shot off.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:50 pm

I watched the Being Elmo documentary on Netflix last night.

This movie is straight up the most heart warming awesome movie ever. Lots of Jim Henson stuff and lots of the dude who plays Elmo being the straight up most awesome dude ever.

Everyone should watch this.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:04 am

Oh motherfucker.
One of the theatres here is playing Forbidden Zone on the weekend I'm out of town. Goddammit. I momentarily considered changing my flight date and switching the days I'm getting off work. fack.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Never heard of it.

I finally saw Your Highness and it was freakin awesome. I thought (no I knew) it would be horrible because the trailer was so shitty. It was a movie full of dick jokes aimed at 13 year olds and that's pretty much me. It was kenny powers in the middle ages!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Danny Elfman does the score and plays the devil. Also, there are topless ladies, men dry humping ladies, and a frog in a suit causing mischief. Oh also, a midget kind and a buxom queen (The killer in Night Warning).

And apparently it's not playing that week, Billion Dollar Movie is. Glad I already saw it, but I'd totally go a second time.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:37 am

I looked it up. It looks very strange. I'm going to look for it at some point.

A friend of mine recommended Billion Dollar Movie and once he explained the plot I was intrigued on that too. I loved just 3 boyz but I don't know if I could handle more than an hour of that type of humor. That would be my concern.

I have no clue why but looking up Forbidden Zone really really reminded me of the movie Miracle Mile even though I'm sure they have absolutely nothing in common. I think watching Forbidden Zone would make me uncomfortable in some way and that's why it reminded me of Miracle Mile, because I don't know if a movie has ever made me more uncomfortable (or experience more dread) than that. I think I live with a certain amount of anxiety (living so near NY) over terrorist attacks and in particular the threat of a nuclear bomb. I have had this reoccurring dream where the main jist is that a nuclear bomb if going to explode and I know it's going to explode and there is nothing I can do to escape and then it does...

So yea I'm getting weird vibes from that.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:54 am

I haven't seen Miracle Mile but Chad says it's a great movie.
Forbidden Zone is probably very very different. It might make you uncomfortable though, it's certainly an odd movie but I think also very enjoyable. If you give it a watch I'd like to know what you think about it.

Just came back from watching We Need to Talk About Kevin. It didn't disappoint. The acting was pretty great, I loved the non-linear narrative. A couple small things were unclear but I really loved the tone/mood of the movie. It wasn't amazing, but it was good.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:31 am

i saw john carter tonight and it was about these goro-people and some dog-thing that came back to life and some pendant that allowed shape-shifting. i fell asleep for about 3/4s of it but everytime i woke up they were in the desert.
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:54 am

hahah
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next