Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 14 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Toothbrush wrote:I went to see Sinister last nite. Movie sucks.
For cereal?
I think I might see that one this weekend. The previews make it look pretty promising.

I saw The Master and didn't really care for it or the storyline. The acting was incredible but that didn't save it for me. It also seemed too long. There's a perfect scene where it could have ended
Spoiler:
Meh.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 14 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:46 am

Sinister: Really disappointed by this one. The trailer made me believe it had some potential. The girl's line delivery was the worst I've seen, especially for a movie that actually went to theatres. The movies was so-so most of the way but just bombed in the last part. Children just don't tend to freak me out especially when they don't really do anything. That and it seemed pretty heavy handedly giving Stephen King a shout out.
Spoiler:

Coincidentally The Shining was the midnight movie so we went to that as well. I hadn't seen it for several years so I was pretty taken back by how much of a shit-dick Jack is and how amazing Duvall's performance is. I know she gets a lot of shit for it but she played that role really well and looked genuinely frightened. Also, loved the portrayal of an abusive-relationship because she actually got away. hell yeah.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:31 am

Get to see Cloud Atlas tomorrow. Free movies are the best.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Type: Mercenary
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Free movies are fucking bullshit.

Not only was it packed, but then the entire place was packed with nerdist hipsters.

Flick wise; it was beautiful and charming, but i found two of the story arcs pacing a little off.

Maybe it was the lack of substance or the inconsistencies of trying to mesh everything together at the end.

7/10 - 10 minute standing ovation it is not.

Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 am

Soylent Brown wrote:
Coincidentally The Shining was the midnight movie so we went to that as well. I hadn't seen it for several years so I was pretty taken back by how much of a shit-dick Jack is and how amazing Duvall's performance is. I know she gets a lot of shit for it but she played that role really well and looked genuinely frightened. Also, loved the portrayal of an abusive-relationship because she actually got away. hell yeah.

Read the book then. It's amazing and different enough so that you won't be bored.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Jesse wrote: Free movies are the best.
Jesse wrote:Free movies are fucking bullshit.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Craft ID: uhoh and stuff
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:44 pm

im watching sleepaway camp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OKCreCfno0
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:16 am

Robo-Pussy wrote:
Soylent Brown wrote:

Read the book then. It's amazing and different enough so that you won't be bored.
I have
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:48 pm

uhoh wrote:
Jesse wrote: Free movies are the best.
Jesse wrote:Free movies are fucking bullshit.

no shit.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 am

Cloud Atlas was good.
Some of the makeup was very good but some of it was just bad and Tom Hanks is not a terribly good actor. The editing was very good, the way the stories cut to the next ones was great. There are a few tear-jerker moments (because I cry easily during movies) that I loved. Doesn't seem as long as it is. The ending sucked. It should have just ended with the scene before.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 am

i hope Guillermo Del Toro directs Star Wars 7
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm

As long as it's not George Lucas or Michael Bay, I'll be interested in it. Guillermo Del Taco is a fun director because of his darkened style and his clever monster design, but I feel like Star Wars needs to have equal parts light and dark. It also needs a great, mostly unknown ensemble cast. Personally I'd be curious as to what Peter Jackson would do with it.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 pm

winterborne1 wrote:Guillermo Del Taco.
He sounds delicious!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 am

Soylent Brown wrote:
He sounds delicious!

Even more than George Lucas?

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 14 Kpn7ve-23lead1
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:49 pm

I look forward to the Marvel universe being invaded by Star Wars characters.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:50 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
Soylent Brown wrote:
He sounds delicious!

Even more than George Lucas?

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 14 Kpn7ve-23lead1
Hahaha
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:16 am

Silent Hill Revelations 3D was kinda underwhelming. Parts of it were cool, and it wasn't horrible, but the first one was way better.
Spoiler:
Crazy shit, no?!
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:35 am

Flight was SO GOOD
Spoiler:
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 am

I really wanna see Flight, so it's nice to know it's good.

Someone go see Wreck-It Ralph and report back!
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Snoogans wrote:I really wanna see Flight, so it's nice to know it's good.

Someone go see Wreck-It Ralph and report back!

Wreck-It Ralph was fantastic.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Awesome! That was a pretty quick response too! =D
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:43 am

The Details sucked. Toby McGuire has no acting range. He's a full grown adult man but he just can't play the part of an adult, with a good job, and family.
The story sucked, "the details" were inconsequential to the movie at all. Shit happened because dude's a jerkwad. Poorly paced, boring story, but cute racoons.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:54 am

Tobey Maguire***

:p
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:56 am

jesus this trailer makes me want to kill myself
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:13 pm

NOT MONGO wrote:

jesus this trailer makes me want to kill myself

2:12 looks like a good alternative to watching the movie.

Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 pm

NOT MONGO wrote:Tobey Maguire***

:p
Surprised I managed to misspell both his first and last name.

Is that seriously the trailer? good lord why the hell was Chad interested in seeing that?!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:43 pm

i was surprised to, youre usually the best when it comes to spelling! Smile

trailer was turrible..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 pm

omfg i cant wait for breaking dawn part 3!!!

NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 pm

NOT MONGO wrote:i was surprised to, youre usually the best when it comes to spelling! Smile

trailer was turrible..
ugh it really is. I asked him why he thought. based on the trailer, that the movie looked good. Turns out he hadn't seen it either. He must have read the synopsis or some entertaining reviews elsewhere. We like going out to see movies that look like complete garbage (Jack and Jill), but this one was kind of unexpected.

He saw the new Bond without me but I think we'll go see it together sometime next week. I want to see Wreck it Ralph because of some of the good reviews I've read.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Wreck It Ralph and Skyfall were both absolute winners. Skyfall had some of the best photography I've ever seen in a film, especially during the shots in Macau and Shanghai. Both were just damn good movies all the way through.

Still want to see Lincoln, but I have a feeling it's one of those films where Daniel Day-Lewis is the only thing that makes it worth seeing. Also anxiously waiting for The Hobbit and Killing Them Softly.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Roger Deakins cinematography has always been incredible. the assassination of jesse james, no country for old men, true grit, the man who wasnt there, shawshank redemption... the guy can make the most mundane looking things breathtaking... i need to see skyfall. heard bardem was the best bond villain since walken!
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Bardem's Silva was great, acting-wise. But I had a problem with the character being too close to
Spoiler:
Other than that, he was definitely one of the better Bond villains. I didn't think Walken's Max Zorin was a great villain, though. I think Le Chiffre (Casino Royale) was the best villain since Auric Goldfinger, who is then followed by Bardem's Silva, Christopher Lee as Scaramanga (Golden Gun), and Trevelyan (Goldeneye). Then, I would probably consider Zorin, along with Elektra King and others.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:02 am

Holy Motors was disappointing. It had really cool make-up effects and one scene in particular that I loved. It included accordions. But the movie as a whole was just underwhelming. The individual scenes were interesting as small stories themselves but they didn't make too much sense to me beyond themselves individually.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 pm

I think Wednesday I'm gonna use a free movie pass to see Twilight and then sneak into Life of Pi. Wanted to use the pass to see Man With the Iron Fist, but it's already out of the theater I go to. Assholes.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:55 am

The Imposter is incredible and I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a true-crime documentary. It's shot so well, the editing is clearly great and the re-enactments were cinematic. The main dude is such a piece of shit sociopathic turd ball, but strangely charismatic. Watch this if you enjoy documentaries or just want a change of pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auG_IuMHGZo
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:31 am

i read everything about the imposter when it debuted at sundance.... its a pretty fucked up coincidence/suspect stpry all around from all sides
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:46 am

It IS. The guy is clearly a sociopath. It's fascinating! Have you watched it? I'm not sure but it might be on youtube, otherwise we watched it on a 1channel.ch (I think)

I saw Wreck It Ralph. It was good. Chad said it seemed busy because of the interlacing stories, but I actually appreciated that. It worked well. The style was cool. I liked how it mixed the different video game aesthetics. What I really didn't like was the voice acting. There isn't a shortage of voice actors, I just cannot get into movies when the voice actors are just regular actors, comedians, personalities who cannot inflect or play the part well. Small and supporting parts I'm fine with like Adam Carolla as the donut dude.

As a P.S. I thought the dude in the opening short clip and Fix It Felix were creepy overly attached dudes.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 am

Soylent Brown wrote:It IS. The guy is clearly a sociopath. It's fascinating! Have you watched it? I'm not sure but it might be on youtube, otherwise we watched it on a 1channel.ch (I think)

I saw Wreck It Ralph. It was good. Chad said it seemed busy because of the interlacing stories, but I actually appreciated that. It worked well. The style was cool. I liked how it mixed the different video game aesthetics. What I really didn't like was the voice acting. There isn't a shortage of voice actors, I just cannot get into movies when the voice actors are just regular actors, comedians, personalities who cannot inflect or play the part well. Small and supporting parts I'm fine with like Adam Carolla as the donut dude.

As a P.S. I thought the dude in the opening short clip and Fix It Felix were creepy overly attached dudes.

I thought that opening short clip was AWFUL. Everyone around me seemed to love it. I thought it was fuckin stupid as hell.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 pm

I liked it at first because the dude looks like he could be from 101 Dalmatians, but the story itself is SO LAME.

Spoiler:
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Lincoln was kinda crappy. But I'm sure it was extremely historically accurate and Daniel Day-Lewis did a great job nailing a completely boring historical figure. Tommy Lee Jones had all the good lines in the movie. Everything else was just exhausting.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Skyfall was meh. The pacing sucked, nothing interesting happened and Bond is dull. The best part was the opening train scene, after that it goes downhill. I like M's character overall, everything else was meh.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Life of Pi was mostly a shit movie with a few stunning visuals. It took way too long to get going. The relationship between the lead character and the tiger was really well done. Not much else was, though.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 am

winterborne1 wrote:Life of Pi was mostly a shit movie with a few stunning visuals. It took way too long to get going. The relationship between the lead character and the tiger was really well done. Not much else was, though.
Ah I'm looking forward to that one.

We're going to watch Last Ounce of Courage, for the laughs.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 am

oh my god that movie was such a nugget of shit
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 am

Skyfall was really good. I thought it was bondish than the last two and by that I mean less action driven and was more about plot (and it was really corny in spots which for a bond film is okay). I thought the plot was extremely simple as well which wasn't such a bad thing. The villian was fantastic and I thought Bardem's performance overshadowed craig.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 am

winterborne1 wrote:Life of Pi was mostly a shit movie with a few stunning visuals. It took way too long to get going. The relationship between the lead character and the tiger was really well done. Not much else was, though.
I thought it was ok. It had some amazing shots and the tiger was amazing, especially in the few scenes where he's wet. There's one shot where he's looking up at Pi and his face is just above the water... it looked great.

The story was fine, it had the feel of a myth which I enjoyed. It was an ok movie all in all, a complaint I have is that it was too religiously pretentious. It didn't have to try to say anything about religion. It failed at trying. It should have just been a cool myth-like story that a guy with an interesting relationship with religion had instead of that whole "are you going to convince me god exists" stuff.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Watched Brave a couple days ago. I thought it was surprisingly good, although I can't figure out why the hell the title was "Brave". That word seemed to have very little to do with the plot. It was a movie about mutual respect/love within a family, not bravery. But despite the title, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:38 pm

i cannot wait to see killing them softly... big fan of andrew domik and his two movies...

in honor of killing them softly im gonna watch The Friends Of Eddie Coyle tonight. one of the greatest crime movies ever made and starring one of my favorite actors: Robert Mitchum who played one of the greatest villains in "night of the hunter." too much hyperbole? then watch night of the hunter and the friends of eddie coyle
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:43 pm

I watched Mimic and The Curve a couple nights ago.

Mimic is mildly intriquing, but very slow and unexciting. Mira Sorvino is an adequate Jennifer Aniston look alike, and Josh Brolin gives an acceptable performance. The black guy also does a good job at pretending to be ice cube; the story just isn't there. The mimic is a big Roach. We know it, we watch the characters learn it, and then they blow them all the fuck up.

The Curve is a wacky macabre Dead Man on Campus knockoff starring a luke perry stand in, a zack morris stand in, matthew lillard and felicity. Each of the four college students is in their final semester at expensive university, and while they've all been straight A students up until now, they're planning to make the grade this time by killing their roommate and making it look like a suicide. This, of course, requires the university to offer the students a 4.0 because they're grieving and shit. So they do. But, oh no! now it looks like it could have been a murder, and they're the only suspects, except- now where did the body go?! How much could go wrong for these long time friends and first time murders? A lot.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:53 pm

i remember the curve aired on USA way back in the late 90s
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next