Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 7 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:43 am

oh, that actually sounds pretty cool.

were you able to follow the action though? like, the movements? I dislike fight scene that look choppy. The Raid looks amazing and seems to have very good camera work.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 7 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by never Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:50 am

That particular fight isn't really for the action. It's more for the story. Most of her fights she used her surroundings to her advantage, much in the way that Jet Li or Jackie Chan might.

But this fight is just on a beach and by this point of the movie, you've seen her kick dudes asses so much, you're pretty confident she's going to destroy a dude who wears a suit for a living.

Which is why I think he got all moody with the camera and lighting for it. It added an element of the environment to the shot, without it being actually involved in the fight. Which I thought was neat.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:56 am

I like hearing another perspective on this. Maybe Ill check it out later.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by never Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm watching Tucker & Dale vs. Evil on netflix.

Oh my god this movie is amazingly ridiculous. I love it.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:30 am

started watching attack the block and i thought it was overrated and kinda sucked... i cant take british thugs seriously, they sound like they try to be hard when they arent...

saw the grey tonite. it was kind of depressing... many people are going to be disappointed because the marketing is misleading. 6/10
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:52 am

misleading how?

I want liam neeson fighting wolves for 2 hours.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:02 am

ahh really? I think it's fairly underrated and british thugs are totally believable to me, I'm not too sure they were supposed to be complete badasses though!

what was misleading about the marketing?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:00 pm

you guys will just have to see the grey... i dont want to ruin what ruined the movie lol
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:23 pm

so i got this friend who knows chris no

he gave me a copy of dark knight rises

what can i say? it was simply amazing
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Lol even if that were true youd be an idiot for not selling your copy. Youd make like a couple hundo thousand to a couple million..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Tucker and dale is awesome
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Saw Haywire last night (spoilers ahead). I enjoyed it quite a bit, but at the same time, I felt like it could have been so much better. I thought the first fight against the dude who ends up getting the door slammed down on him, and DEFINITELY the fight against Fassbender were two of the best fights I've ever seen in film, and I was convinced after that point that I was going to LOVE this movie. Unfortunately, the fight sequences that followed afterwards definitely could have used more brutality. If Soderbergh would have maintained the feel of the two fights and the parts surrounding them, the movie could have been one of my favorites ever. I thought the pacing fell apart in the second half and struggled to keep things interesting, but stylistically, the entire movie was good. I love how they kept the action sequences real and believable and didn't exaggerate impacts with horrendous Foley. The car chase scene in the snow was one of my favorites especially because of the way it ended. And when the dude asked Mallory, "Do we run?" and she responded, "No, we've done enough.", that really separated her character from someone like Jason Bourne, and I definitely like it better this way. It added an extra level of humanity to her character. Overall, I think the movie needed more story. There just seemed to be a lot of empty spots. The villians weren't great, except Fassbender. Still, I really like Gina in this movie, and I hope it turns into a franchise. 7.8/10

I also saw Hugo a couple nights ago. Loved every moment of it. No complaints anywhere. I've seen Georges Milies' films everywhere (obviously including that Tonight, Tonight music video), but I never knew much about the guy behind them. Nice to know about him now. Thanks for that, Scorsese. Beautiful story. Some of the best 3D I've seen yet. 9.7/10
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:07 pm

NOT MONGO wrote:you guys will just have to see the grey... i dont want to ruin what ruined the movie lol
It wasn't bad
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:33 pm

so, what was this guy bitching about?
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:22 am

I'm not sure and I'm not positive he was actually bitching.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:47 am

you sassing me?
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by osama Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Watched Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie last night. Shit's hilarious!

"I sell 2 swords a year and i'm good. I sell no swords a year and i'm even better!"
osama
osama
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Jesse wrote:so, what was this guy bitching about?

i wasnt bitching but i was hinting that many peole disliked how right when liam neeson grabs a knife and those broken bottles, ready to fight 30+ wolves, the screen cuts to black and ends...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:49 pm

I haven't seen the movie but it seems like another one of those cases where the movie ends on a cliffhanger and the audience gets upset because they hate when that happens.

Well I LOVE when the audience gets upset, so I guess I love cliffhanger endings.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:11 pm

NOT MONGO wrote:
Jesse wrote:so, what was this guy bitching about?

i wasnt bitching but i was hinting that many peole disliked how right when liam neeson grabs a knife and those broken bottles, ready to fight 30+ wolves, the screen cuts to black and ends...
Oh. I was actually cool with that. It seemed to fit the mood of the movie. It didn't matter whether he won or not anyway. The fucking "extra" shit was dumb as hell.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:58 pm

yeah it fit the vibe, it was kinda like Drive in that aspect... but the marketing made it seemed like a different type of movie and thats why i think people might get upset. it was marketed toward the macho 18-35 yer old male who doesnt have time to ponder deep thoughts about mortality and faith... the same type of people who complained that Drive wasnt like Fast and Furious are the same people who would complain about The Grey..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 pm

when people talk academy award considerations for the grey i think thats way overhype even considering how much of a joke that pretentious ceremony can be..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:01 pm

seem* for the prior post... damn i suck with grammar
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:02 pm

damn why did i write "ponder deep thoughts"? im all over the place.. disregard errors
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:10 am

NOT MONGO wrote:yeah it fit the vibe, it was kinda like Drive in that aspect... but the marketing made it seemed like a different type of movie and thats why i think people might get upset. it was marketed toward the macho 18-35 yer old male who doesnt have time to ponder deep thoughts about mortality and faith... the same type of people who complained that Drive wasnt like Fast and Furious are the same people who would complain about The Grey..
I definitely agree! It isn't along the same lines as I assumed because of the trailer. However, I think people should research movies a bit more before they pay $10 to watch them.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:25 am

I figured it was just going to be Taken/Unknown except with Wolves. I was shocked that it wasn't. I really liked it.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:29 am

While I totally love Drive, I definitely wanted Grey to just be a movie about Liam fighting wolves.

Maybe I'll go see Chronicle instead.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:32 pm

I can't stand those handheld camera style movies anymore.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Why?

never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Wait, WHICH movie out now is a handheld camera style movie? The Grey? Chronicle? Please tell me now so I can avoid the fuck out of it. There is nothing I hate worse than shakycam.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:12 pm

its chronicle. looks like shit anyway.

the only handheld camera style movies that are worth a shit are documentaries.
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Man you guys are so negative...

Ebert reviewed the movie really well and it has a good score on Rotten.

Also Troll Hunter came out last year and that was a fucking awesome handheld camera movie.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Troll Hunter was surprisingly good.

I also don't tend to like shaky cam movies. I think it's much easier to fuck those up. It's a cheap gimmick, but sometimes it's used well.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:00 pm

fuck that, handheld is for lazy ass directors.

the only time handheld should be used in films are documentaries. nuff sed.

fuck ebert. half the time he does his reviews hes high or drunk. the man is not stable.
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Have seen you Troll Hunter? Or are you just being negative for the sake of being negative?

Also Ebert lost half his face to cancer and yet still continues on with what he loves. To me that's something to be commended not something to make fun of.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:41 pm

im a negative creep!
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:05 pm

well that's ok if you're stoned!
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:02 pm

thats what she said!
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:46 pm

dude chronicle isnt even all shaky, the kids use their telekinesis as a way to steadicam the camera
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:17 am

lol@steadicam
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:02 am

Chronicle was fucking incredible... but if you don't like shaky cam you're going to hate the shit out of the first hour of the movie, before the kids learn to use their powers to steady the cam around them.

Towards the end they do some cool stuff with switching between other people's cameras and news feeds to show the events of the final confrontation.

And the kids in it, including the kid who played Wallace in the Wire and Vince in Friday Night lights were pretty great.

If you like comic books and super heros and don't mind shaky cam then I'd totally suggest going to see this.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:34 am

Interesting. I'm also sick of movies with teenagers in them. So, Shaky Cam + Teenagers = I will never watch this.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 pm

Chronicle definitely needs a comic book series tie in though. It's basically an Americanized version of Akira. And it leaves off in a place totally suggesting a sequel.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:32 pm

never wrote:Man you guys are so negative...

Ebert reviewed the movie really well and it has a good score on Rotten.

Also Troll Hunter came out last year and that was a fucking awesome handheld camera movie.

It has nothing to do with negativity or positivity or if it's a good movie or if it's a bad movie. I avoid Shakycam movies because I can't watch them without my stomach turning over.

I'm sure there was a great movie somewhere in Cloverfield, but there was no way I was going to be able to enjoy it because I felt like throwing up the whole time. Does that make me a negative person? I love movies, and I especially love movies that are reviewed well. But when there's a handheld camera, it's like the director is saying, "Hey I made a great movie, but I don't want Jeff to see it! So I filmed it in shakycam so even if he really wanted to come and enjoy my movie, he CAN'T! It's physically impossible!"

Not being negative, just trying not to spew in a theater.

I haven't seen Troll Hunter for the same reason. I learned my lesson after Cloverfield.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 pm

When I went to the Philippines, I filmed 7 hours of footage on a Flip. I wanted to edit it all together and make a montage, but I can't because the damn Flip didn't have any image stabilization features so I can't even watch the fuckin footage that I filmed. Every time I tried, I had to stop after 3 or 4 minutes because I couldn't handle it any more.

Of course, if I was a little richer, I'd just take it into FCP which can stabilize the image, but yeah I don't own that.

Point is, I won't even watch a shakycam movie even if I was the one that made it.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:34 pm

fair enough
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Chad's boss is ordering the Tim and Eric movie and projecting it at the theatre tonight for us. What a fucking cool idea!

never wrote:
Also Ebert lost half his face to cancer and yet still continues on with what he loves. To me that's something to be commended not something to make fun of.
wait... so Guero can't suggest he's drunk or high? Pretty sure he's up for scrutiny. No doubt it's amazing he's still doing what he does and has a decent sense of humor, however that doesn't mean his reviews are automatically great or that no jokes can be made about him. It's not like he's going to his home and shitting on his face.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guero Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:10 am

if i had as face like ebert i would come to work drunk and high as fuck.

he already looks fucked up why not be fucked up?
Guero
Guero
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:39 am

Ale, Not sure Guero was trying to be serious about the drunk and high thing as much as he was making a joke. Especially since Ebert was open about being an alcoholic when he was younger and he hasn't drank in like 40 years.

And yeah you guys can make whatever jokes you want, and I can also defend him if I want. I respect the dude and think his accomplishments are awesome. I like how he engages people on twitter and his blog. I don't agree with everything he says, his opinions on video games are bullshit, but I tend to agree with him on movies.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 am

I really enjoy reading his reviews.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next