Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:53 am

Compliance was pretty good for the first half: the dialogue was good and it the escalation of events believable. After a while though, it just seemed lacking. It was no longer very effective and the director could have made a couple changes/cuts from the story or done them better
Spoiler:

I don't really understand why so many people hated it at Sundance or why I read about so many walkouts. It's not particularly disturbing. Or at least not as disturbing as I expected it to be.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Snoogans Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:08 am

Soylent Brown wrote:V/H/S - I really like anthologies. The first movie was pretty good, the rest were so-so, except for one which was pretty terrible and had horrible acting. would watch again. Awesome practical fx, cgi wasn't bad either. Had a couple really cool knifey scenes.

Which one, the one we're they're in the forest ripping off Friday the 13th?

I had 2 free movies passes that expired Friday, so I went to see both Premium Rush and Lawless. Premium Rush was alright, cool chase scenes. I just love me some Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon being a creep. Lawless was pretty good, some really cool beatdowns in there. I feel like I was cheated out of a Tom Hardy sex scene, but I'll survive. Not as much Gary Oldman in the movie as I thought there'd be/would have liked.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Snoogans wrote:
Which one, the one we're they're in the forest ripping off Friday the 13th?

I had 2 free movies passes that expired Friday, so I went to see both Premium Rush and Lawless. Premium Rush was alright, cool chase scenes. I just love me some Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon being a creep. Lawless was pretty good, some really cool beatdowns in there. I feel like I was cheated out of a Tom Hardy sex scene, but I'll survive. Not as much Gary Oldman in the movie as I thought there'd be/would have liked.
Yeah, that's the terrible one!

I agree on both of those!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:37 am

I saw Cosmopolis and I don't really know what to think.
I don't have a problem with the way the dialogue was delivered, it is how a read a Delillo novel anyway. I just don't really know what the message or critique really was or what happened...
I think I need some time to digest it?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:56 am

I enjoyed Lawless quite a bit. It was really well-acted, even if the characters did nothing but make stupid decisions the entire time. Tom Hardy simply does not disappoint (I never saw This Means War).
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:27 am

The Possession was good! It was all around well made, no real complaints. Didn't do anything really new but it was entertaining. wheee
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:51 am

I really enjoyed Sleepwalk with Me. It was more serious/involved more serious matter/relationship stuff than I thought but the tone and delivery softened the blow. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it more than Chad.

One of the local theatres is going to host a screening of Beauty is Embarrassing with a Q & A session afterward. I'm so excited! We planned on driving to San Francisco to catch it if it wasn't released in this area.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:53 am

The Loved Ones is pretty damn good. I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before. Good gore, great acting, the pacing was good and I liked the escalation of nuttiness. Only complaint is the side story that never really meant anything or was very interesting.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:05 am

I watched Mary & Max yesterday at a friends house, I loved it. he claymation was really great, the story was both funny, sweet, and a bit sad. My friend originally put it on while there were two kids in the room, and within five minutes, I was like dude, seriously?! So we had to wait for them to leave so we could actually watch it. I could totally own that movie.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:38 am

Watched Samsara. It was very much along the lines of what I was expecting so I enjoyed it quite a bit (I saw Baraka a few times in cc). I was annoyed by some in the audience who felt the need to express their discomfort about some of the images through grunts, dismissals, and audible judgments. Meh. Interestingly more people seemed disturbed by body modification than they were by poverty and sweat shops.

Bernie is very good. I'm not a huge Jack Black fan but he's fantastic in this. I like the medium too. Who else has seen this one? I hadn't heard too many people mention it before.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Watched God Bless America last night, I really liked it. Need to watch it again because I missed a few things since I watched with with a friend so sometimes we talked during it. I was crazy though, how it was making jokes but being accurate about America at the same time.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Beauty is Embarrassing is very very good. The trailer is a very good indication to what the rest of the documentary is like.
There was a Q & A session at the end of the movie with Wayne White. He's incredibly likable and funny. He rolled with the weird hippie-Santa-Cruzy questions he was asked. Please go see this is you have the opportunity to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIv4PHJqCnM
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:10 pm

I was pretty disappointed with The Master. The performances and the art direction were PHENOMENAL, but I still came out of the movie not giving a shit about what I saw. The movie seemed to go nowhere, and the pacing was pretty tedious. I felt like I was just waiting for it to be over.

Anyway, who cares, I'm seeing Dredd 3D sometime this weekend, and that's the only thing that matters.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:03 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
Anyway, who cares, I'm seeing Dredd 3D sometime this weekend, and that's the only thing that matters.
I've seen some pretty great reviews for this one. Pretty much changed my mind a few weeks ago and now I'm looking forward to it. That damn song from the trailer is also really catchy. OOooooOOOOOoaaah

I wish I could see this one in theatres

http://dailydead.com/watch-the-first-clip-from-excision/
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 pm

I think it was I, who pointed you to the reviews some time ago.

I'm mostly excited because Judge Dredd is SUCH a great character, and the Sylvester Stallone and company really ruined it and prevented a fantastic British comic from catching on in the States. From what I understand, the new movie is supposed to redeem the character, and portray him much closer to how he is in the comics. Although the first Judge Dredd movie had awesome costume design and backdrops, it didn't have any of the social satire that the Dredd comics are known for, and of course the acting was a travesty. Plus, they had Dredd remove his helmet in the last movie, which is a HUGE no-no. The new movie, he keeps the helmet on.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 am

You pointed me to some, yes. The most recent ones I've seen and read from friends really exalt the unapologetic violence they claim is in the movie, which I;m excited to see!

I saw Chicken with Plums today. I really enoyed it. It's interesting visually in that it mixes different styles and moves in and out of them through out the movie. Chad thought it was overly emotional and he didn't feel any connection with any character - which is pretty opposite of what I thought. It was a terribly depressing movie while it was very entertaining and pulled at my heartstrings not by how sympathetic the characters were but how easily it seemed to portraythe facility of falling into a completely emotionally flawed relationship and rut.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:51 am

Saw Dredd and really enjoyed it. The action/violence was great! The effects were petty damn good too. My only real complaint doesn't have anything to do with the actual movie, really. I was disappointed because I expected more violence of the unnecessary kind, but I loved how gruesome some of the kills were.
Spoiler:
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:11 am

Missed my chance to see Dredd last night. Had tickets to see it in 3D with the DBOX seats and everything but my date got really sick about 10 minutes before the movie started and I had to get a refund. I'm pretty upset about it because that was my only chance to see it this week. I'm gonna be the last person to see this movie even though I've been waiting for it forever.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Oh that sucks

How are the DBox seats? We've turned them down every time, on principle.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 pm

I still haven't seen a movie on them yet. I was gonna make Dredd 3D my first go at D-Box. I figure it should be the perfect movie for it, wondering if they do anything special with the seats for the slo mo sequences.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 pm

The fuck is a DBox?
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:34 am

im watching A Separation, right now im like wtf, how did the money disappear from the room???? im like 50 minutes into the movie.... i cant believe this movie won over Bullhead at the academy awards... maybe this will get better??
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 am

Snoogans wrote:The fuck is a DBox?

someone explain this please
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Think "force feedback theatre seats".

winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 pm

oh so brandy, these seats are kind of like "buttkickers" that youd find at the Jordan Imax theaters...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:12 pm

holy shit, i fucking raged when at those people who tried to take money from the man and wife in A Separation... holy shit
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAroundTheFur Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:15 pm

i just saw sound of my voice. i highly recommend it. bear in mind, the movie is designed as a standalone feature, but the writers intend it to be a trilogy. the film isn't necessarily concerned with providing answers, as it is establishing a sense of atmosphere.

ImAroundTheFur
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:25 am

NOT MONGO wrote:oh so brandy, these seats are kind of like "buttkickers" that youd find at the Jordan Imax theaters...

I've never been. But, watching that video I can safely say I would not be very interested in that. If they get nice comfy heating massage chairs, that I'd be into.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:11 am

Just saw Dredd in 3D with the D-Box seats.

First of all, the movie was fucking fantastic. It was more than what I hoped it would be. Karl Urban is a great Judge Dredd. The Slo Mo scenes were fantastic. I had a little vaporizer with me in the theatre so I got a little more Slo Mo than the movie theater had in mind. The 3D definitely fit those scenes nicely. I like what the D-Box seats added to the slo mo effect as well. I can't really describe what it did exactly, but it kinda made things a bit more atmospheric in a weird way. Other than that, I'd say D-Box is really only good for one kind of movie, and Dredd happens to be that kind of movie. I think The Dark Knight Rises would have been another great D-Box movie. Looper is supposed to be the next D-Box movie, but I really doubt it would be a good movie for it. It's best for movies that play out like videogames, or if you want to add "strength" to a scene (think: Bane). There are certain things the D-Box seats really add a lot to, and there are certain times the seats are just kind of distracting. It definitely helped in those scenes where Dredd is punching people. You end up feeling the depth of the punches and it adds to the drama of the scene. When Dredd was riding around on the motorcycle, the seats would swerve, but the scenes weren't in 1st person, so the D-Box seats ended up being distracting in those instances. Anything from a 1st person perspective is fantastic, though (which is probably another reason why those Slo Mo scenes were so great). Machine gun sequences were basically mini massages, though, and I guess I can't complain too much about that. There was a scene where the camera is peering over the top of a roof into a hole in the center and starts descending straight down the hole. The seats added a tiny bit of anti gravity to that scene which I thought was pretty cool.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:41 pm

You can't spell Dredd without 3 D's!
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:29 pm

I can see how the seats could add to the overall movie during those scenes! They were very good. From the trailer I thought they'd be kitchy, but they were very well done.
The Writer wrote:You can't spell Dredd without 3 D's!
Piranha 3DD

Saw For a Good Time Call... it wasn't good. I didn't think it'd be great but I was surprised by how awkwardly the movie progressed. There was no lead-up to a few of the key-points. Examples:
Spoiler:
I know I'm just nit picking specially since I didn't expect much from it to begin with. Feel free to ignore this since someone else might find it totally awesome.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:I can see how the seats could add to the overall movie during those scenes! They were very good. From the trailer I thought they'd be kitchy, but they were very well done.
Piranha 3DD

I actually drove into NYC (NEVER DO THIS) with a friend to see Piranha 3DD... Only one theater in NY was showing that movie so I had no choice.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:49 am

cant decide if i want to see looper today.. i hope it has uber violence..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:51 pm

I want to see Looper, possibly today. Since 50/50 I can't help but want to watch everything he's in.
Robo-Pussy wrote:
Soylent Brown wrote:I can see how the seats could add to the overall movie during those scenes! They were very good. From the trailer I thought they'd be kitchy, but they were very well done.
Piranha 3DD

I actually drove into NYC (NEVER DO THIS) with a friend to see Piranha 3DD... Only one theater in NY was showing that movie so I had no choice.
Haha shit.

Thankfully one of the theatres in town was showing it. I wouldn't have driven very far to see it, but I definitely would have downloaded if I hadn't seen it in theatres.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 am

Excision is RAD! Holy crud, that was good. Watch that stuff! I wish i could have seen it in a movie theatre.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Exc
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:39 pm

i met traci lords in venice beach. she's so tiny and adorable.

Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm gonna see it!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAroundTheFur Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:28 pm

www.iamaghost.com

ImAroundTheFur
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:31 pm

I watched this movie last night called Boy Wonder. My friend put it on and then fell asleep on me, but she said I'd like it. I did, it was pretty cool. I'd never even heard of it before. Cool little indie flick that definitely makes you think about it when it ends.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:20 am

I watched a pair of somewhat similar docublahblahs; Heckler, in which Jamie Kennedy is depressed and talks to his critics and other performers about it, and Mansome, where Morgan Spurlock directs an oddball group of men and men enthusiasts talking about looking like a man.

they both managed to be pretty funny and have Zach Galiafinakis.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:30 am

Did I mention I watcher Bernie? That one was pretty damn good.

I watched Looper a couple days ago. It was good. I totally didn't know it would be so... sci-fi-ey. I think Chad liked that one more than I did, I kept getting distracted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt's makeup.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Watched both Prometheus and We Need To Talk About Kevin last night. I didn't care for Prometheus at all really, and I thought the special effects in Alien were better. I'm not a huge fan of CGI anyway, though.

I really liked We Need To Talk About Kevin. I was disturbed though, having turned 30 just under a week ago, by how incredibly hot I found the teenage playing Kevin. I think someone is probably gonna come arrest me for wanting to tap that ass in the near future.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Hahah I like him too, he has such an interesting face! He's not at all like your usual Hollywood-face. I hope that The Perks of Being a Wallflower flunks because it looks so shitty, but he's in it so maybe I hope he makes a butt-load of money.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm

His birthday is the day before mine it seems, he turned 20, so I feel a little better about being attracted to him since he's not a teen anymore, haha. But yeah, the kid does have a really interesting face, he quickly became one of my hottest actor people going. I wanna see Perks of Being a Wallflower now simply for him.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Not to start a whole Prometheus argument again but there are a couple of deleted scenes which show the biologist finding the snakes/worms before they mutated. It should have been in the movie... it puts his casualness with mutated worm/snake into perspective.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:15 pm

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Tumblr_m0cbweekYC1qlvs5uo1_500

one of the best parts of that movie (we need to talk about kevin)... i lold. i wish i had the balls to just continue to jerkoff if my mom caught me jerking off when i was a kid lol
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Your pic doesn't work.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 pm

NOT MONGO wrote:THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 13 Tumblr_m0cbweekYC1qlvs5uo1_500

one of the best parts of that movie (we need to talk about kevin)... i lold. i wish i had the balls to just continue to jerkoff if my mom caught me jerking off when i was a kid lol
Yeah, it doesn't work but I knew which one you were going to link to before I saw the word "i lold".
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:28 am

Seven Psychopaths was very entertaining and it had some good kills in it. The gay and queer comments seemed really out of place, though. The last bit dragged on somewhat.
I really enjoyed Argo. None of the characters really stood out or were particularly interesting (except the Goodman and Arkin's small roles) but because the story was so good it didn't seem particularly important that none of them really seemed like a protagonist.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm

I went to see Sinister last nite. Movie sucks.
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Wonder Junkie
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next