Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 5 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

i want to see Hugo, heard the trailers dont do it justice.
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 5 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Has anyone seen Melancholia yet? I'd like to know what you guys think about it. I might not get to catch it.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by never Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Melancholia was pretty good. It's hard to really talk about it without spoiling things, but the acting was great all around. The first story is straight up hilarious. The second story is where shit gets weird and depressing. I still liked it though.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:42 pm

That definitely makes me want to see it.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:20 pm

ordering my midnight tickets to see the dark knight rises prologue with mission impossible
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 pm

I watched Hugo a couple nights ago.

It wasn't bad past the first half hour when the pacing was very slow and that annoying girl had too many lines.
Dislike 3D.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:57 pm

I want to rent Slither after finals are over.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:55 pm

I just rented the new Conan the Barbarian movie.

Wow that sucked.

Conan comics are some of my favorite comic books, so I was pretty disappointed at how boring the movie was.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:11 pm

i heard hugo is a great throwback to old cinema
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 am

I wouldn't say throwback, more like homage.

I've just been informed it's pronounced homage and not home-asjh
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 pm

It's pronounced like "AH-midge".
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:13 am

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homage

well damn.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:16 pm

The Artist is fucking great! I can't think of a single negative critique. Chad said he enjoyed it for an extra reason I couldn't catch: he said there are a lot of lesser know but good actors throughout the film. Cool he can see that.
Definitely among my favorite this year with The Skin I live in.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 am

i want to see the artist.. it has that actor from those goofy french spy films
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Is that the lead?
He is fantastic! He reminded me a lot of Pedro Infante.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 pm

yep thats him
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:29 am

Melancholia was very good, but its title is way too fitting. I don't suppose I'll be getting great sleep tonight.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:17 am

So am I the only one that didn't like Melancholia?
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Saw The Descendants yesterday. It was really fucking depressing.

I also finally got around to watching Tell No One on netflix. A french thriller. Tons of twists and turns. I really liked it. Although I think they spend too much time at the end explaining everything to you instead of letting you figure it out.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:16 pm

yeah i saw tell no one a few years back..

i want to see the descendants, i was just on a alexander payne kick the other weekend.
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:36 pm

I want to see Young Adult. Charlize Theron is the shit.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:45 pm

charlize is so hott
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:45 pm

i would let her touch my peenor
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by schlueter Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:52 pm

I'd hit that even in her monster gear, then make her toast after.
schlueter
schlueter
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:23 am

I'd pee in her butt.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:25 am

Finally saw Battle Los Angeles tonight. It sucks.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:57 am

We saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and were very disappointed. I'm now interested in the remake to see if maybe they add some elements or improve on it, since it seems like there's plenty of room for it.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night. It was extremely well acted and shot, but you can't let your mind wander for a half minute without missing some key information that would help you understand the movie. For the first time in my adult life, I had to read spoilers on the internet AFTER watching a movie to understand what happened in the film, and even still, there were parts that weren't perfectly clear. I hear it helps a LOT to read the book first. But the book, too, is a little hard to follow. You really need a focused mind to watch this movie. Most of my confusion came from the fact that the movie doesn't make it very obvious which parts are actually flashbacks, and which aren't. But other than that, the protagonist, George Smiley (played by Gary Oldman) is a different kind of badass than you see in other films. I want to be him for halloween next year. I'm not going to rate this movie. I'll just recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a bunch of other distractions in their life and can watch this movie without blinking.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:30 pm

So I need to be stoned to watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, I can handle that! Then again, I rarely go to the movies not stoned, but it does help me pay attention.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 am

MI 4 was actually really good. Good in a way that action movies haven't been since Super Hero movies and Slow Motion Zack Synder cam ruined them.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:29 am

Also there's a Korean movie on Netflix called No Mercy which has an even more disturbing plot twist than Oldboy.

It's nowhere near as good as OldBoy, as it lacks all the artistic traits that made Oldboy good, but if you want a Korean Thriller with an "OMG I need to go watch an hour of kitten videos to get that idea out of my head," then this is your movie.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:34 am

ale wrote:We saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and were very disappointed. I'm now interested in the remake to see if maybe they add some elements or improve on it, since it seems like there's plenty of room for it.

This has to be the first time I've heard someone be this negative about that movie.

What were you disappointed by?
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:28 pm

I think that contributed to the disappointment. It seems like it should have had some critique.
I guess I'll preface it by saying neither of us has read the books, so it's just a critique of the movie itself, not as it relates to the books.
I want to like her character, she could potentially be the first queer character (not mockingly) in a well known and regarded film (not having read the books I don't know how "queer" she is or not).

I think my favorite scene was the rape one. I think it says a lot that it is present in a well regarded film. Usually it's considered to cheapen a film and causes others to discount it altogether. That being said, it was probably the most graphic and violent scene in the film - and it was short and mostly implied. Having heard it was a very violent movie and omg the rape scene it was meh.

Her character was wishy-washy. I'd like to see how this is changed, if at all, in the new version and maybe read the books to get a better feel of her.

The first part, with her guardian/boss/rapist was unnecessary to the overall story line.

I think worst of all is the breaks in logic the characters have. "Oh I'm getting these plants so she must be dead and it's her killer". No mother fucker she's alive and left because your family's a piece of shit. "My family was in town so it must have been one of them" .... it may not have been. Huge assumptions are made and both the dude and the broad don't see them. And why would the journalist dude trust anyone from that family? dude, totally deserved to be killed by the serial killer for being a doofus. I called it from the get-go, which wouldn't have been a big deal if getting to that had been interesting at all. Nothing they did was necessary except finding who the girl was looking at because based on their assumptions that's who the murderer was regardless if he did it often or not.

Oh and why did the journalist give a fuck if the serial killer burned to death? He had almost been killed by him ten minutes ago. Suddenly he's okay and on a moral high horse.

That was mostly a rant and I'd like someone to change my mind on this movie.
It just seemed so throw-away.
Recent movies I've watched that in the detective/killer or rapist genre and are amazing The Catcher and I Saw the Devil.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:21 pm

ale wrote:

The first part, with her guardian/boss/rapist was unnecessary to the overall story line.

Don't mean to spoil anything, but there ARE two other movies that come after it.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:11 pm

the swedish films seemed amateurish (werent well made)... noomi raspace, or whatever her name is, stood out.

we have a great week for trailers... the dark knight rises today, the hobbit tomorrow or wednesday, and prometheus on thursday...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:02 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
ale wrote:

Don't mean to spoil anything, but there ARE two other movies that come after it.
I hoped it would be in the others, so thank you.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:11 am

Yeah the reason for her rapist guardian becomes the core of the entire third movie. Which is setup by the events of the 1st and 2nd.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:58 am

Since that was the most enjoyable for me, I hope then that I find those more entertaining. That was one of the less important factors though.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 am

saw Young Adult last night.

aside from Theron and Oswalt, everyone else was forgettable (which was the point, i guess).

Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eM--4UklaL4

the hobbit

NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 am

I just saw the american version of the girl with the dragon tattoo. Holy shit. What a piece of sexist ass.

Spoiler:

tl;dr - I liked the original better.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:45 pm

I haven't read the book, but I was told by someone who has, that her character in the book isn't like what it was in the Swedish movie.

And some of the reviews of Fincher's version say it's more faithful to the book.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by osama Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 pm

never wrote:Also there's a Korean movie on Netflix called No Mercy which has an even more disturbing plot twist than Oldboy.

It's nowhere near as good as OldBoy, as it lacks all the artistic traits that made Oldboy good, but if you want a Korean Thriller with an "OMG I need to go watch an hour of kitten videos to get that idea out of my head," then this is your movie.

you want to see a fucked up movie, watch A Serbian Film!
osama
osama
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm still recommending Matador with Antonio Banderas (there are lots of films called matador). It's one of my favorite dark comedies.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:54 pm

never wrote:I haven't read the book, but I was told by someone who has, that her character in the book isn't like what it was in the Swedish movie.

And some of the reviews of Fincher's version say it's more faithful to the book.

Ahh thanks.
I have also found out that the happy meal is part of the novel.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:56 pm

osama wrote:
never wrote:Also there's a Korean movie on Netflix called No Mercy which has an even more disturbing plot twist than Oldboy.

you want to see a fucked up movie, watch A Serbian Film!
I haven't seen either of the ones Chris mentioned but I've heard Oldboy is very very good.

I did watch a Serbian Film. It's probably one of my favorite movies that I will very rarely rewatch.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:00 am

ah this is very cool. I really love/hate the quotes the author pulled out from reviews. http://www.movies.com/movie-news/sexualizing-lisbeth-salander/5948?wssac=164&wssaffid=news
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:26 am

Not that the trailer is that amazing or anything... but I am beyond excited for Prometheus.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:38 am

http://www.io9.com/5870560/frame+by+frame-breakdown-of-the-prometheus-trailer-who-is-that-man/gallery/31
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:52 am

i think prometheus is about a corporate funded expedition that discovers some kind of bio-liquid that can be manipulated to form a variety of life forms and after some shady crew members play with it and experiment with it on some other crew members- we see that this new bio-form becomes what is known as the xenomorphs... this bio-liquid is responsible for the beginnings of mankind.

pretty safe bet that this is what happens
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next