Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 2 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by never Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 am

Agreed on the intro/outro thing.

Although I don't get liking the Muslim chick. She had like 3 lines of dialogue and then for the rest of the movie they kind of pretended she wasn't there. I thought that switch over of camera people was kind of rushed.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 2 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:53 am

I just liked her because she's pretty and didn't have such a shaky arm.
The switch didn't make sense. I was hoping they'd just put the blond dude behind the camera so I didn't have to see his stupid facial expressions anymore.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Just finished Battle Los Angeles a few minutes ago. it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

didn't have any expectations, i just wanted to play the resistance 3 demo.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:21 am

Oh my god I loved Midnight in Paris. So hilarious. So adorable. So good!
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevio Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:39 am

never wrote:Oh my god I loved Midnight in Paris. So hilarious. So adorable. So good!

thought the exact same thing..

Saevio
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 am

http://www.whiteblog.net/mission-impossible-4-ghost-protocol-le-premier-trailer-en-exclu

Mission impossible 4 trailer. In french. Should look awesome in front of transformers 3 on imax
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 am

I just watched Horrible Bosses.

I thought it was going to be a pile of shit, but it was actually very enjoyable. It had a lot of good parts. It dragged a bit in the middle and wrapping it up.
Very forgettable, but still entertaining.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:28 am

Charlie Day is awesome!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:14 pm

he plays the same character all the time though.

he's apparently playing a scientist in an upcoming film though.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:05 pm

ale wrote:he plays the same character all the time though.

he's apparently playing a scientist in an upcoming film though.

ehhh cut him some slack, will ya? he's fairly new to feature films. besides, 95% of hollywood actors are stuck playing the same character every time. thats why they get phone calls.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 pm

of course. I just don't care to see the same character in every movie. It's not him, it's the roles he gets (which makes me less interested in watching the movie), which is why I mentioned that other thing I don't know anything about except he's gonna be a scientist.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:46 am

yeah but he's only had like 3 roles total in films. and i think his role in Going The Distance is quite different than his role in Horrible Bosses. and his role in Always Sunny is different too. i mean, his voice and the way he talks is the same, but should we expect an actor to drastically change the way he talks in every role he takes? i mean, i dont think every actor has the depth and range of Daniel Day-Lewis or anything like that. all im saying is, he really just started, and it would be unfair to treat him the same way we treat Will Ferrell, whos been doing movies for years and years and pretty much is the same character every single time. you could probably say the same thing about Michael Cera too, although he's actually just playing himself in every movie, despite how ridiculous he seems. Charlie Day though? 3 movie roles in, only one of which resembles his character in Always Sunny, and even that one seems a bit watered down in comparison. im just saying its too soon to be saying that
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 am

Shit, I've had moments of bad grammar... and that was definitely one of them.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:55 am

yeah, that's cool and all but I'm not gonna be all like "yeah! I want to go see that movie it's got Charlie Day in it!", and I'm not going to look at someone's track record before I decide if I like them in a role or not.
He was fine in Horrible Bosses. I didn't even remember him in Going the Distance until Chad reminded me. Sunny.... it's alright.
I got nothing against him, but I'm not excited about him.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:09 am

Well, at this stage of his career, I would think that the only people who ARE excited to see him are the people who are fans of his character in Always Sunny. There isn't much else on his resume, really. If you don't like him in Always Sunny, then there really is no reason to like Charlie Day at all. It's the only thing he's known for right now. That being said, I loved his character in Always Sunny, and I'm sad that the show has devolved to the point where I don't find it funny anymore. So I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Charlie can do in feature films.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:13 am

I do enjoy a transition from tv to film. Maybe.
I'd like to see him do something that at least smells different, rather than being a well meaning clueless short tempered dude.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I went to see Horrible Bosses because it had Charlie in it and I was not disappointed.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm

ale wrote:yeah, that's cool and all but I'm not gonna be all like "yeah! I want to go see that movie it's got Charlie Day in it!", and I'm not going to look at someone's track record before I decide if I like them in a role or not.
He was fine in Horrible Bosses. I didn't even remember him in Going the Distance until Chad reminded me. Sunny.... it's alright.
I got nothing against him, but I'm not excited about him.

i did.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Yeah, and I didn't.

Anyway, just saw Rubber. I was really looking forward to seeing that one in the theatre but it looks like it may have gotten dropped. Saw it on netflix (yay HDMI cable). Really enjoyed it, but definitely not amazing. I'd watch it again and suggest it to a select few. I liked how the tire acquired personality throughout the film and almost motives.
The persecution of the tire reminded me of Hobo with a Shotgun.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:43 am

Finally saw Horrible Bosses and I loved it! I thought it was hysterical.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:01 pm

I just picked up the Blu Ray of 13 Assassins, which is one of the most awesome Samurai movies by the way, and they had a trailer for Rubber on the dvd and it looked hilarious.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:21 pm

13 Assassins was entertaining. I had a lot of fun extrapolating the monkey dude. Hadn't thought of it at all since I saw it though. Meh.

Rubber was humorous, but not necessarily "funny". More so absurd and I really liked that.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah I didn't pick up on the fact that monkey dude was a yokai until the end. Now I want to re-watch it and see if they hint more about it.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:57 pm

I had to google "yokai", but yeah.

I was suspicious about him immediately. I've read too much folklore literature.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 am

Futurama's Bender's Game was a pile.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:25 am

Terri was a good movie.
John C Reilly was awesome. His character and Terri were great together. Nice cameo by Tim Heidecker too.
There was a scene toward the end that was too long, but otherwise very good. That Chad character was so good at being so damn weird.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:50 am

ale wrote:Futurama's Bender's Game was a pile.

it was the weakest, but overall, I still like it.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:50 am

now im nothing wrote:
ale wrote:Futurama's Bender's Game was a pile.

it was the weakest, but overall, I still like it.
Overall, I don't.

Summer school begins Monday so I may give the next one a shot.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:53 am

Cowboys vs Aliens was a nugget of shit but you already knew that.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzman Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:04 am

ale wrote:Cowboys vs Aliens was a nugget of shit but you already knew that.

That hurts my feelings. I'm still gonna go see it.
Ozzman
Ozzman
Just Don't Give a Fuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzman Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:11 am

Actually, I'm pretty broke. So I should only go to one matinee.

I'm torn between:

Cowboys vs Aliens
Transformers 3
Horrible Bosses
Harry Potter #164832759.3b

or wait for 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'.....

I'm sure all of these movies are not to anyones standards here, but these are what I want to see.
Ozzman
Ozzman
Just Don't Give a Fuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:29 am

Horrible Bosses was hysterical! Go see that!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 am

Yeah Horrible Bosses wasn't bad

Apes looks terrible but I'm fairly curious. Maybe if I can get over the CG. Reminds me of .. oh shit what's that play. an ape survives captivity, learn to talk. becomes "human". questions what it is to be human through definitions of what it means to be animal. arrrgh.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:18 am

The CGI looks so bad in that movie.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:53 pm

lol are you serious? WETA did a damn good job on the cgi for Apes...

ozzy, see transformers 3 imax 3d if possible. mind as well go all out. the 3d was the same of not better than avatar...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:01 pm

im currently consulting my friends script and its not a disaster. the dialogue is real witty and best of all it flows. the problem is there are two characters that are obviously devices used to explain backstory and convey present feelings- nothing more. its a pilot and its sort of like psych meets breaking bad meets american beauty meets the man who wasnt there... still untitled

NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzman Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I went and saw Harry Potter. I decided I'm gonna go see Planet of the Apes on Friday.

I actually can't see 3d, as weird as it sounds. I've got issues in one eye, so it ruins everything.

Probably wait to DL the rest of the movies I want to see, when a good torrent is available.
Ozzman
Ozzman
Just Don't Give a Fuck

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 pm

i was impressed with harry potter
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Yea im serious the CGI looks horrible. It almost always does. I am Legend had some of the worst CGI I've ever seen. I don't see monkey's on the screen. I see computer generated monkeys on the screen and that's going to kill the movie for me. I'd much prefer a person in a monkey costume.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 am

NOT MONGO wrote:lol are you serious? WETA did a damn good job on the cgi for Apes...
I would much rather see animatronics.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzman Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:28 am

I actually didn't like Harry Potter that much. I'm not sure why. I mean, it wasn't horrible. But it wasn't great either.

I do notice the horrible CGI apes in the previews, but I still want to see the movie. Hopefully the preview just shows them that way and they're a bit better throughout.
Ozzman
Ozzman
Just Don't Give a Fuck

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Just watched Arthur. I've been enjoying every movie I've seen recently, even if, deep inside, I know they are absolute shit. Felt that way about Cowboys and Aliens.

Loved Crazy Stupid Love though, and I actually don't think it's shit.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:54 pm

im not sure why anyone would think crazy stupid love was shit, i thought it was on one of the previous year's black list (list of best screenplays not in production) and heard the acting is great. i actually want to see it.
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:57 pm

again, you guys are crazy if you think the cgi looks like shit for Apes. some of those shots of Cesar are truly amazing looking. not all of the cgi is fantastic but some of it is. and what isnt fantastic is still a cut above what we're used to seeing

/no weta fanboy

NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:36 am

sure, a cut above shit.
CGI can look pretty damn good in some instances. Usually though, fur isn't all that great and neither is skin.
No doubt it's getting better, but IMO it's not good enough to warrant its wanton use.
I'm much more impressed by masks, prosthetics, and robotics.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:00 am

I knew I shouldn't have seen Survival of the Dead.
Okay, okay it wasn't entirely bad. The zombies eating that one dude and the horse were kick ass.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 pm

rise of the planet of the apes was a B+/A-. impressed me. cgi wasnt distracting and was actually very good, which ive been saying for awhile... stay a little bit for the credits. the movie had a little balls, was afraid it wouldnt go all the way...

spoiler

thought the 113 virus was gonna turn people into apes at first but then quickly realized it was going to kill off every human.
/spoiler
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 pm

i will definitely pick up the blu ray and andy serkis was simply amazing
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzman Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:01 am

I enjoyed the movie. Although, I think it could have shown a bit more of the apes taking over the planet.

I didn't stay for the credits. What happened?
Ozzman
Ozzman
Just Don't Give a Fuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:26 am

I've been watching Dario Argento movies on Netflix
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next