Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 4 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Garrett Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:13 am

netflix on xbox was easier to drunk when you only had your queue to look at. too many distractions now.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 4 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by winterborne1 Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Moneyball: Liked it. Didn't love it. You can definitely sense Aaron Sorkin's style in it. I'm glad they exposed that overrated Red Sox championship team as being biters of Billy Beane's philosophy. 7.7/10

Drive: This movie was damn near perfect. I loved every minute of it. I want to see this movie at least 4 more times. 9.7/10
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:21 pm

i forgot how many times has oakland has won a word series since 2001?
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:17 am

winterborne1 wrote:Moneyball: Liked it. Didn't love it.
n/t
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:04 pm

I liked Moneyball a lot. I thought Brad Pitt was way better than I was expecting him to be. I thought Jonah Hill's role was a bit more disposable than maybe it could have been, and I don't know if it was his fault or the fault of the script.

I'm going to see Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame tonight. I don't know what to expect of that movie, but the trailers make it look ridiculous.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:29 am

I really enjoyed 50/50. Was cynical because well, you know.

I don't have any complaints, really. Just superficial ones (like wtf was up with the eyebrowns and the IV/portacath thing).
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:19 am

Tucker and Dale was cool. I really wish I hadn't seen the trailer though.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:53 am

I enjoyed hanna although i could have gone for a bigger ending. Liked the score
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Saw 50/50 on Monday. I liked it. Anna Kendrick is quickly becoming one of my favorite newer actresses.

Watched Your Highness last night. Heard a million terrible things about it. While it was incredibly stupid, I didn't think it was as bad as everyone said. Natalie Portman has a nice ass.

Tonight I will watch Super. I've heard good things about it.

Wanna see Drive, but it's unlikely I'll see it until it comes out on dvd.

My sicko ass is pretty excited for Human Centipede 2. I hope to see it in a theater, but so far when I checked earlier, it didn't look like it was playing around here.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:54 am

A theatre here is playing it as the midnight movie.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:37 pm

I finally finished the Dragon Tattoo saga yesterday. I liked it a lot, but then again, it's rare that I dislike a trilogy or a film saga (I guess Transformers would be an example of a series I disliked). While I would normally reject a an American remake, I am curious to see David Fincher's take on it. I think I definitely prefer Noomi's muscular build for the character in contrast to Rooney Mara's stick figure build, but we'll see how it goes. I just think a tough girl like Lisbeth should be a little more stacked than Rooney is. Yet, Daniel Craig seems a little TOO stacked for the part. Ugh. Well, I have a lot of faith in Fincher.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:40 pm

I dunno. Rooney is more in line with how Lisbeth is in the book. When the red band trailer leaked, it looked fucking amazing. Which surprised me. It could be better than the Swedish version, but it's really to soon to say that based on a trailer, obviously. I still haven't watched Hornet's Nest yet, I gotta get on it. I'll probably rewatch the first movie before I see the American version.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:04 am

The Dead

The first half was pretty good, but toward the middle the acting got really bad, a few nonsensical things happened and the story just got too.... sentimental for no real reason. The ending was pretty bad.
I loved some of the locations but wish they had utilized them better.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 am

i want to see the ides of march
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Has anyone seen the Mill and the Cross?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:55 pm

negatory...

rewatched rushmore last nite.. i still havent seen the fantastic mr fox
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:08 pm

You definitely want to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Awesome movie.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:42 pm

just got mr fox.

tonite im either watching that or:

a simple plan, the man who wasnt there, national treasure, serpico, benjamin button, slumdog millionaire, or event horizon.. decide for me
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 pm

you havent seen slumdog yet?!
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Event Horizon! That's a no brainer!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:19 pm

winterborne1 wrote:You definitely want to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Awesome movie.
I really like The Fantastic Mr. Fox.
I'm trying (okay not actively I have completely forgotten) to convince my guy to watch it with me since it's on Netflix.

I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire either. I keep hearing good things but I don't remember exactly what things so I always forget to watch it.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Slumdog Millionaire is one of my favorites.

There are a bunch of good movies on Mike's list, but Slumdog is my favorite of those.

I also liked Event Horizon too. It has a much greater effect when you're watching it high though.

I saw Tucker and Dale vs Evil last night. Laughed my fucking ass off. Yeah, I was high, but I definitely gotta put it ahead of most stoner comedies I've seen, including Your Highness. It did kinda wear away near the end though. The first half of that movie was phenomenal. 7.5/10
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:13 pm

ive seen all those movies except for mr fox
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Then I think you should see Mr. Fox.

I saw 50/50 last night. After yesterday's absolutely shitty day, I needed to see that movie to remind me that my problems are miniscule and things could be much worse. I didn't laugh much during the movie, and that could be my fault, or the film's fault, or a combination of both. But I really felt the dramatic part of it. They did a good job capturing the effect of going through the stages of knowing that you're going to die. Good movie. 7.5/10
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:32 pm

dude we should set aside my disparaging remarks about the lakers and become fb lovers again

xoxoxo
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Dude I just went buckwild on Chris for taunting me after the Charger game yesterday. My sentiments about Boston fans are at a low point right now. You sure it's a good idea?

I'd say give me a few days. I'm still pretty steamed about the Chargers sucking so badly. We have a bye week though (thank GOD), but right now my facebook is not a fun place for a Boston fan.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:58 pm

lol alright homey!
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 pm

haha he totally did!

It's OK though, we all understand Sports frustrations. After all we did just have to watch the Red Sox have the biggest September collapse in the history of baseball.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:45 am

haha wtf. We can relate sports to movies if we talk about Moneyball again ;]

@Jeff, the emotional aspects definitely hit me hard. A few of those seemed very familiar in an almost creepy way. Obviously not all, but I think it's very cool the film could do that at times. I appreciated it a lot.
I laughed a bit, but it wasn't really a ha-ha funny movie as much as a humorous one, if that makes any sense. They did a really nice job switching the moods.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Took my neighbors little kid to see Real Steel. He loved it. I thought it was a good mix of Over the Top and Rocky.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Watched Horrible Bosses last night. My love for Charlie Day continues to grow.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:07 am

Watched Human Centipede 2.

I wish it hadn't been cut, but I guess they cut a rape scene and a graphic masturbation scene.

It had a couple good torture scenes and I liked the mom and doctor characters.
Movie dragged on so damn much though.
oh well.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:30 am

Snoogans wrote:Watched Horrible Bosses last night. My love for Charlie Day continues to grow.

YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:30 am

ale wrote:Watched Human Centipede 2.

I wish it hadn't been cut, but I guess they cut a rape scene and a graphic masturbation scene.

It had a couple good torture scenes and I liked the mom and doctor characters.
Movie dragged on so damn much though.
oh well.

ewww.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:04 am

Saw Paranormal Activity 3 last night. If you liked the previous movies, you'll like this one too. I think it was better than the second but the first one is still the best.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 pm

so the farelly brothers are writing a dumb and dumber sequel for jim carey and jeff daniels.... i pray its as hilarious as the original
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Saw The Mill and the Cross. It was alright, I guess.

The Way - egh. The preachy ending was real bad. And who's idea was it to make Alanis Morissette's shitty music relevant again?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 am

I cant sleep so i guess the next best thing is to watch a film.. ive been trying to watch serpico because of rushmore (for some reason this lumet film has always eluded me) but i just cant get into it. I have no idea why...

I think ill watch tron legacy... Wish i had it in 3d
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Snoogans wrote:Saw Paranormal Activity 3 last night. If you liked the previous movies, you'll like this one too. I think it was better than the second but the first one is still the best.

i just watched the first one for the first time last night. maybe i was too high, but i thought the movie was HILARIOUS

i couldnt help but burst out laughing every time they went to the "morning after" shot on the girl's face like, "WTF just happened?"
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/video-blog-mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-imax-footage-reaction/

http://www.slashfilm.com/mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-trailer-2/

+

the dark knight rises prologue?

i cannot wait for december 16th!
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:11 am

The first half of Rum Diary was pretty good. Good character development and it actually seemed like it was going somewhere.
Fucking tired of bad female characters though. Very little follow up, no resolution.
I guess it's a prologue, but isn't the prologue to a story usually a couple pages long and not half the fucking book? meh.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:31 pm

More Dark Knight Rises stuff: http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/darkknightrises/introduction
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Melancholia looks so good can't wait to see it.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I want to see that one and The Skin I Live In.

Chad already saw The Skin I Live In and said it was good. Might go see either over the weekend.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:08 am

The Skin I Live In is definitely among my favorite movies this year. I loved the tone especially concerning the subject matter.

Dudes, go see this one.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 am

So this is painfully obvious but: Jack and Jill was such a nugget of shit.

I love Norm Macdonald and hate seeing him in shitty movies but I really wanted to see what his part was. I was also intrigued by Eugenio Derbez being in the movie. He was the only consistently likable character and the picnic scene was probably the only non-painful one (very much his style. I wonder if he directed it). Maybe this'll help him get some roles in the USA.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:57 am

I saw The Muppets tonight and I fucking loved it. Muppets rule! Lots of cool cameos in it. I had a smile on my face the entire time, I wish more movies gave me that reaction.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:02 am

Jim Parson's cameo was fantastic.

Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Jesse wrote:Jim Parson's cameo was fantastic.

That it was. I don't even watch The Big Bang Theory, but I still thought it was cool.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:52 pm

The Muppets was everything I wanted a new Muppet movie to be.

Meloncholia is everything I want a movie to be.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next