Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 18 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by never Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:02 am

Totally disagree!
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 18 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Snoogans Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Watched Seven Psychopaths twice this week, and I really liked it. I knew a movie with both Christopher Walken and Tom Waits in it would have to be good.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 pm

never wrote:Totally disagree!
I think it was difficult to see what was actually going on during the chase scene. I think it was sloppy. Chase scenes are difficult to pull off well. Because they're moving there has to be a decent awareness of area at the same time that the crashes are going on, like with martial arts.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm

I think Stoker comes out this week. I hope it's playing in San Diego. I've wanted to see this so bad.

Park Chan-Wook's first american film!
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Stoker looks incredible.

Saw Bedevilled, the South Korean movie. It's good. There are a couple loose ends/unexplained happenings that really don't make any sense but overall it's good. Good acting, very unlikable characters, good ending but drawn out.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Watched both Perks of Being a Wallflower and Argo last night. I really liked them both, even though Perks made me feel like a pedo because I really would fuck the shit out of Ezra Miller.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:37 pm

The Hunger Games was the midnight movie last night. I really enjoyed it! I had heard complaints that it was slow to begin, but I liked the set-up even if it took an hour. It was good character development and it really sedimented what the mythology of the movie was.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 am

Stoker - Really enjoyed this one. It as some incredible shots, lighting, and some good monologues/quotes. Awesome sensory stuff too. I love that this is yet another sociopathic coming of age story that centers around young women this year like Excision, and Carrie. Watch this one.

No - I enjoyed it. I don't think the stylistic decision really added anything to it, but it did a good job of melting in actual footage so it's not necessarily a bad decision. I love Gael Garcia Bernal, so that definitely helped. The story itself ignored a lot of what actually happened but if you understand that it's a fictional account of one aspect of an actual historical event well then it's just fine. I really liked that they included actual footage. You could tell when the shots were authentic but I liked that.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 am

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 18 Dakota-Fanning-Makeup-Jane-Twilight

Seriously, Dakota Fanning?

cool!

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Ghost Turd
Type: Military
Shields:

https://deftones.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Olympus Has Fallen was Last Ounce of Courage with a budget and in the white house. What an over the top patriotic piece of garbage.
Some of the action scenes were pretty good and I'm glad it was so bloody and violent, but when someone wasn't dying it was just poop. The score was cheesy as fuck, every shot of the flag was hilarious.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:24 pm

I rewatched Basic Instinct two nights ago... and it's now tied with Alien as my co-favorite movie. Incredible.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:23 am

Someone go see Spring Breakers for me, then let me know if it's worth seeing.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:48 am

We're going to see it hopefully soon.

The first trailer I saw made it look like the most pedantic glorified shit, but I've read that it can be fairly subversive and questions aspects of society, meanwhile you could possible read the opposite of it too. Hmm.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 am

Spring Breakers. Loved it!!

If you only want to see tits and ass, funny cheesey white people, and exploitation that's exactly what you'll see. But I love that the movie seems to say SO MUCH as well. About sexuality, race, performance, coming of age, etc. The score really worked for it, the cinematography was great. Everything just looked good. The repetition throughout the movie, and present in the trailers, really works.

Spoiler:
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:12 am

Good comment on IMDB. Do not read if you don't want spoilers http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2101441/board/thread/212248979?p=2&d=212305377#212305377
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:09 pm

I'm gonna be seeing it probably this week. I've been pretty anxious to see this for a long time.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:44 pm

my friends and i saw evil dead... they thought it was horrendous. i was like LOLWUT??? what did they expect? its a movie about a cabin in the woods with possessed people! it wasnt the scariest or goriest movie but it was enjoyable and looked pretty gorgeous. the trailers definitely built it up a lot more and i was disappointed some of the footage in the trailers didnt make the cut.

i said the after credits scene out loud before it aired and i nailed it. "its probably bruce saying groovy lolz" /sadface

7-7.5/10
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:45 pm

it lived up to the original and didnt try to be any bigger than what the original was*
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Cloud Atlas was really fucking good.

Trouble with the Curve was really fucking bad.

Still have yet to see Spring Breakers. Hoping for next week.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:00 am

Considering what it was supposed to be Evil Dead was great. It could have used an extra 30 minutes of run time though to alleviate some of its flaws. Overall though the horror was everything you could ever want and more. The characters and exposition could have used a lot of work... but that's not what you go see Evil Dead for.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Finally saw Spring Breakers. I feel really weird about it. Lots to like, and some stuff that makes me wonder if I liked the movie at all. I guess I'm just not sure how to even look at the movie. I don't really grasp the intent. As a comedy, it sorta works. As social commentary, I'm just not sure. It doesn't really hit the nail on the head as either, but it's close.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Why not both?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Went to the local secret film fest.
Mud
The Lovely Ones
Sight Seers
John dies at the end
kiss of the damned
100 bloody acres
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:Why not both?

I mean, I could definitely see it as both a comedy and a social commentary, but by the end of it, I'm not entirely sure the film isn't simply a vehicle for Ashley Benson and Vanessa Hudgens to declare their "badassness" to the world.

I saw the movie with a friend of mine who fits the profile pretty closely. She's an actress, model, and she's been in and out of jail several times in her late teens, and carries an edge about her. Basically, she's the kind of person who could easily be part of Vanessa Hudgens/Ashley Benson's entourage. Being that I came out of the movie not entirely sure what to make of it, I had to ask her what she thought of the movie. I kinda expected her to be in love with the movie, as it might have been something she could relate to...the music, the female camaraderie, the party atmosphere, the troublemaking, etc. But surprisingly, she told me she didn't like the movie at all. She told me that she definitely enjoyed the stylism in the movie, the camera work, the dramatic use of droney music, the repetition of phrases, etc, but if you took all that away, the entire movie just seemed to her like a school project. She said it was the kind of story that she would have come up with herself, just to "have fun with her friends and make a movie". I think when she said that, it just made a lot of sense to me. I suspect that the movie was more about the actresses' personalities than about society itself. I do, however, recognize that this is really the first time that the Spring Break migrant party culture was portrayed with real accuracy (unlike movies such as Project X, where the party scene is portrayed with plenty of embellishment), and overall, I have to give the film a lot of credit simply for being unique. Regardless of whether or not I liked it, it was still a film unlike any I've seen before.

Upon further judgment, I definitely think the film has a lot of comedic value. I also think it has a lot of titties. I'll give the movie 6 out of 10 titties.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 pm

I think it could definitely be both, possibly the one more than then other. Whether or not it's successful, is debatable but i think it tries to make a commentary, sometimes a little heavy handedly while vague at the same time, for example the first scene(I think), when they're in school listening to a lecture about the civil rights movement. I think it was heavy handed given where the movie goes but at the same time vague because it doesn't concretely say anything.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 pm

NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 pm

hate all you want, i think it looks awesome...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 am

Snoogans wrote:Watched Seven Psychopaths twice this week, and I really liked it. I knew a movie with both Christopher Walken and Tom Waits in it would have to be good.

I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was really damn funny and pretty interesting. It's been awkward though because all my friends that have seen it have hated it except for one guy. I don't know I just thought it was weird the amount of people I know that hated it.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Craft ID: uhoh and stuff
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:09 am

I watched Trace. don't really want to write about it now. maybe I will later.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:49 am

I really liked Spring Breakers, and I think James Franco was pretty spectacular in it. He should do more movies like that.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 am

Pain & Gain - hah, bad, but entertaining
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 am

i liked pain and gain... i lold... then again Bad Boys II is one of my favorite movies...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:14 am

FUCK YES
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 am

I those both look like poop and I'm excited to see them.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue May 07, 2013 2:35 am

The Place Beyond the Pines - was not bad.

Iron Man 3 - meh, ok.

Spoiler:
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun May 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Aftershock - heh. It was entertaining. Things did not occur in the order I expected.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed May 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Iron Man 3 was lame. It was also the first movie I've seen in the last month or two.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu May 16, 2013 2:26 am

There were some shot of sequences that were alright, but yeah overall it blew. I'm surprised Chad seemed to enjoy it so much when he went to see it.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun May 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Star Trek, awesome! So much action.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon May 20, 2013 10:43 pm

i went to see iron man 3 but fell asleep... waste of 33$
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue May 21, 2013 1:58 am

$33?!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 am

yeah 3d. two tickets
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed May 22, 2013 1:47 am

Did the other person enjoy the movie?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm

I want one of those machines where you can watch any recent theatrical release at home for only $500. Having to go to a theater is what keeps me from going to a theater.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri May 24, 2013 1:38 am

Soylent Brown wrote:Did the other person enjoy the movie?

We did lots of heroin and tylenol, so we both passed out on top of eachother during the movie. Essentially paying 33$ to sit in a chair in the dark somewhere while we nodded off....

(Not srs)

(Sadly im srs)

She thought it was ok
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri May 24, 2013 1:40 am

I am so excited for fast and furious. I dont care if i have to see it by myself... I just gotta know if brian and dom will or wont.... Also lots of crazy stuntwork will make me cum out of my eyes
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri May 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Star Trek Into Darkness was a 10/10.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Sat May 25, 2013 1:14 am

I'm actually excited for some of this early summer shit

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Ghost Turd
Type: Military
Shields:

https://deftones.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat May 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Fast 6 was highly entertaining. Some parts didn't make to much sense and were awesome for it, others were men. Great CG.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun May 26, 2013 1:07 am

The Great Gatsby was good
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next