Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 19 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Snoogans Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:21 pm

I've gone to two advanced screenings of This Is The End now, and that movie is fucking hilarious. Fuck Hangover 3 and Grownups 2, This Is The End is easily the funniest comedy of the summer. I can't even tell who I liked the most in the movie, they were all great. Lots of cool cameos as well. Both audiences went crazy near the end of he movie and they reveal who the guy in the Mexican wrestling mask is. I will go pay to see this movie when it comes out, because it deserves my money.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 19 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:25 am

The trailers make it seem like a mess - not-so-funny celebs jacking each other off. And I'm intrigued.

After Earth kind of really sucked. The acting was god awful.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:59 am

I would base your enjoyment on the movie by if you liked Pineapple Express or not.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:25 am

I didn't see that one, so I guess it'll be a surprise
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:36 am

Baxter (1989) - That was a cool flick.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:03 pm

I put off watching Star Trek for a few weeks because I heard a lot of bad things about it... but I don't really understand any of that, since it was absolutely awesome. Also I want the Sherlock Holmes guy in more things.

I also watched Superman: Unbound. I will not be surprised at all if that movie is the best Superman movie that comes out this year. Really good... and I'm still assuming Zack Snyder is going to fuck up Man of Steel.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:31 pm

I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about the new Star Trek movie. All I heard was hype.

Then I saw it and I personally feel the movie is better than all the hype around it. Definitely one of my picks for best of the year.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02 am

Yep. Star Trek was awesome and I agree that the dude who played Kahn was awesome. I love how expressive his face is and how he can somehow make a grin that looks straight out of a Dr Seuss book.

Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:52 pm

man of steel was fucking awesome... you should all see it!
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:50 pm

The Purge was decent. It got waaaay too heavy handed, though. And also too many "almost" moments.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:27 am

This is the End 

Spoiler:
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:14 pm

This Is The End was really funny and had some of the best comedic dialogue I've heard, but I agree with Ale in saying that it felt way too long.  Danny McBride is hilarious but he kind of took over the movie and it seemed like the whole thing became about how to deal with him, which I didn't like so much.  I know it was kind of a running joke in the movie, but this movie really did feel like a sequel to Pineapple Express.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:18 pm

It was also the third time in a row I've bought a ticket to a movie and somehow (accidentally) got into the theater without having my ticket torn.  My friend, who was with me for all three of those times, agreed that we should definitely stop buying tickets to see movies.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Man Of Steel was pretty good.  Amy Adams is such a bore though.   Did she have any emotions throughout the movie?  They may as well have casted Meryl Streep for the part.  Henry Cavill is easily the best Superman ever, though.  Metropolis took a Godzilla-level beating in this movie.  I like to imagine that Superman just came in afterwards and cleaned up the mess like he's Mary Poppins all of a sudden.  Yeah, that theory makes the most sense to me.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 am

I enjoyed Man of Steel. The ending comment by the lady military personnel made me groan out loud. It was so dumb. It didn't seem as long as it was, the effects weren't bad. I loved the bad guy. Waaaaay better than The Dark Night Rises. Not sure why I'm comparing the two except that I still thought that one had painful plotholes and was overall boring. This one wasn't. Very glad with it especially considering I didn't have any expectations and I thought the trailer was boring.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:50 pm

I watched Miami Connection the other day, and dear god, was that the best bad movie I've ever watched! Then I watched Birdemic and it was so fucking bad I can't help but enjoy it.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:24 am

World War Z was awesome. The pacing was great and the zombies were cool (close up, far away they were poop). I loved how the storyline was also like a mystery/detective-y.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:21 am

I thoroughly enjoyed The Heat. I love buddy-cop movies and after Bullet to the Head I really didn't want to be disappointed again. Funny all the way through. It probably could have been trimmed a bit, but it was good, and it had some awesome cameos.

edit: The screen is white on white when you edit?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:57 am

I saw The Campaign with Will Ferrell last week. There were some really funny moments but the movie sucked. I just found the whole movie to be really boring which is not something I usually say about Will Ferrell movies. This has me a little bit concerned about Anchorman 2.

I don't typically enjoy buddy cop movies and I'm not a big Melissa McCarthy fan when she is the featured star so I'll be skipping The Heat. I saw Identity Thief in theaters and it was a terrible experience. I thought it would be pretty good because Jason Bateman is in a lot of funny stuff, there was a great premise and McCarthy was probably the best part of Bridesmaids. But god damn she had to be on screen for 95% of the movie and she was just too hard to look at. If I had gone to see the movie alone I just would have walked out halfway through. I don't think I'd mind seeing her in a movie again as a bit player like in Bridesmaids but I'm going to need to take a break from her for a couple of years. I know this is a very shallow thing to say. But it's the truth. There was a movie critic a few months ago who called her a hippo in his review and he got so much flak for that but what he said wasn't ridiculous. For a lot of people major hollywood films (especially films that aren't all that serious) can be escapes and when I pay $12.50 for a ticket I don't want to see some fat ugly piece of shit waddling around eating everything in sight. I could go to the mall or look in the mirror for that!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:59 am

And yea editing is a pain with the white on white. That's bad news for me because I can't type for shit!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 am

Jesus fuck please let's not do this here too.

I don't think I've seen her in anything else. I don't blame you for not wanting to see if you're already not into buddy cop movies. The rest I'd just rather ignore.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:05 pm

winterborne1 wrote:This Is The End was really funny and had some of the best comedic dialogue I've heard, but I agree with Ale in saying that it felt way too long.  Danny McBride is hilarious but he kind of took over the movie and it seemed like the whole thing became about how to deal with him, which I didn't like so much.  I know it was kind of a running joke in the movie, but this movie really did feel like a sequel to Pineapple Express.
I saw it this weekend and it was pretty good but i thought it dragged in the middle and I totally agree that it was too long. For me Danny McBride was probably the best part of the movie. Jay Baruchel was my least favorite because he was just so whiny.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Computer Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:05 pm

The member 'Robo-Pussy' has done the following action : Scan

'Vessel' :
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 19 8643658098_2098d0880d_t

Computer
Bio-electric Leviathan

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:Jesus fuck please let's not do this here too.

I don't think I've seen her in anything else. I don't blame you for not wanting to see if you're already not into buddy cop movies. The rest I'd just rather ignore.

I agree.  I am, by no means, a Melissa McCarthy fan, but that's because her humor reminds me of that Blue Collar Comedy stuff (which has its own audience, but it does nothing for me), not because she's unattractive.  I actually like the fact that an unattractive woman is getting lead roles in major features, and those features aren't some ultra-serious period piece drama.  The same people that criticize her because of her looks are usually also the same people that complain how Hollywood ruins films by making everyone attractive and taking away the realism.  There are plenty of other movies with attractive people in it.

The only other thing I would add is Melissa McCarthy DOES seem to purposefully bring a lot of attention to her own unattractiveness, though.  So Robo-Pussy's comments aren't entirely unfounded.  It's almost like she wants to be seen that way.  I guess it brings the money, so why not?

I'm not going to watch The Heat, though.  I've still gotta see World War Z and Fast 6 first, and by the time I see those two, there's going to be several other movies I'd rather see.  And buddy cop movies are definitely not my cup of tea.  Except Bad Boys.  That one I liked.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Robo-Pussy wrote:
winterborne1 wrote:This Is The End was really funny and had some of the best comedic dialogue I've heard, but I agree with Ale in saying that it felt way too long.  Danny McBride is hilarious but he kind of took over the movie and it seemed like the whole thing became about how to deal with him, which I didn't like so much.  I know it was kind of a running joke in the movie, but this movie really did feel like a sequel to Pineapple Express.
I saw it this weekend and it was pretty good but i thought it dragged in the middle and I totally agree that it was too long. For me Danny McBride was probably the best part of the movie. Jay Baruchel was my least favorite because he was just so whiny.

Danny McBride was the best part of the movie, sure.  But that's partially because he was 70% of the movie.  I felt like Danny McBride was the plot, moreso than the whole judgment day stuff.  All I'm saying is, they could have spread it out a little bit more.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:00 am

winterborne1 wrote:
Soylent Brown wrote:Jesus fuck please let's not do this here too.

I agree.  I am, by no means, a Melissa McCarthy fan, but that's because her humor reminds me of that Blue Collar Comedy stuff (which has its own audience, but it does nothing for me), not because she's unattractive.  I actually like the fact that an unattractive woman is getting lead roles in major features, and those features aren't some ultra-serious period piece drama.  The same people that criticize her because of her looks are usually also the same people that complain how Hollywood ruins films by making everyone attractive and taking away the realism.  There are plenty of other movies with attractive people in it.

The only other thing I would add is Melissa McCarthy DOES seem to purposefully bring a lot of attention to her own unattractiveness, though.  So Robo-Pussy's comments aren't entirely unfounded.  It's almost like she wants to be seen that way.  I guess it brings the money, so why not?

I'm not going to watch The Heat, though.  I've still gotta see World War Z and Fast 6 first, and by the time I see those two, there's going to be several other movies I'd rather see.  And buddy cop movies are definitely not my cup of tea.  Except Bad Boys.  That one I liked.
I'm not huge into “blue collar” comedy, although I have recently been told that Doug Standhope and Bill Burr could fall in there? I don't want to believe that, and I'm not familiar with humor outside of thise particular movie – I don't really have much to base it on. I am also glad that she has been getting large roles in mainstream movies. It seems that there aren't many for overweight or conventionally unattractive people, particularly women. I think there's probably too many movies with attractive people in roles that are clearly out of their acting range.

I'm not sure if it's something that she herself wants to call attention to or if perhaps she knows that it will have people's attention anyway and she is proactively doing so, or that there don't tend to be many roles for overweight actors that aren't “the fat one”. I liked how that didn't really happen in The Heat. There was very clearly a difference between their bodies and how they carried themselves was spoken about that wasn't a pretty/ugly or thin/fat dichotomy. Even though it seems like it would have been there, it seemed like a male or sexualizing gaze was not as present. It was pretty much a regular buddy cop movie, with women, who didn't need to be sexualized but it also didn't deny that they were women, although it was more or less the same character Bullock has been playing for years. so who knows, maybe it was just cheap.

I don't expect The Heat to be a movie most people want to see much less go out of their way to see. I enjoyed it and feel it has replay value. There were a few really stupid gags that I ate up. I don't tend to enjoy comedies very often, so I was pleasantly surprised.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:35 pm

I loved Man of Steel. I want one of those Krypton flying cat dragon things.

World War Z was kinda dumb, but had some really cool scenes.

never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Whaaat McCarthy is hot.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Ghost Turd
Type: Military
Shields:

https://deftones.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:50 pm

I actually don't find her unattractive.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:13 am

The Lone Ranger is such a bizarre piece of shit movie.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 am

World War Z was pretty good. Not sure if the whole solution to the zombie problem was really all that ingenious, but the movie had some good suspense.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:22 am

I watched Amantes Pasajeros (I'm So Excited) by Almodovar
It was a bit disappointing. It had some good moments and I liked how varied the characters were but some parts dragged and were really inconsequential.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Pacific Rim was good but a little overhyped. visuals were great..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Pacific Rim feels like a movie made for me. It had flaws, but almost every thing about it was things that I love.

Hideo Kojima's review of this movie on twitter pretty accurately reflects my feelings on this movie when he says, "Pacific Rim is the ultimate otaku film that all of us had always been waiting for."
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Byzantium - I enjoyed it, except I missed the first 20 to 30 minutes. I may have enjoyed it a lot more in that case.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 am

NOT MONGO wrote:Pacific Rim was good but a little overhyped. visuals were great..

Same, but my review would also include a reference to shirtless Charlie Hunnam.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:48 am

Pacific Rim was awesome. The visuals were indeed great. 
I was annoyed that they tried to make me give a shit about a few characters toward the end. meh, didn't work and was forced.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:16 am

Saw WWZ drunk at the drive-in. I missed the first 15 minutes. The rest is a blur

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:10 pm

The Conjuring

I don't tend to like ghost movies and this one isn't really an exception. However, it was well made, the scares were good, the story was alright. It was your typical ghost movie done well. If I liked ghost movies I'd probably like this one. It's good for what it did, in its genre.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:57 am

ill leave these right here:

NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:46 pm

this movie is going to be insane
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 am

Im watching the wolverine.. Good so far. Tao Okamoto is beautiful!
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:43 pm

The Wolverine was top notch. I also can't wait for Gravity. Should be incredible in IMAX 3D.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 pm

The trailers for gravity re really uninteresting to me and I'm already annoyed by the "ah ah ah uhh ah ah ah". I'll still probably watch it and it might be a good movie but I don't like the trailers.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Im not surprised by your reaction Ale... Youre a hard egg to crack and besides that you dont seem to be the type of person interested in the technical aspects of certain things. Example: the long single takes in these trailers/features... They are really impressive... And what is your isssue with the "oh ah ah ah ah ah" dialogue? Is that too real for you? An astronaut isnt human and shouldnt be shitting in their suits? Lol, what a thing to nitpick over! Just kiddin, dont mean no offense. But thats a really interesting and truly unique opinion and youre certainly in the minority with that. Not that popular opinion matters and is usually something to disagree with but even naysayers/doubters/the uninterested in this movie havent made those observations. Lol i did see people hating on sandra bullock just because shes "sandra bullock" and thats why they wont see Gravity. What happened to her man? Was it too many romantic comedies? Too many Miss Congrnialities? She was a babe when Speed came out! Lol people are funny
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:46 am

I am interested in some technical aspects. Like practical FX, and i like long shots, for example those in Irreversible. Damn they were good.

Trailers are an art in themselves and I'm not shitting on the movie or saying the trailer is bad, only that it by itself does not stir interest in me.

I am not saying that astronauts aren't allowed to shit their pants. Where did that come from? I didn't like the "ah ah ah", so what? Yeah dude, it's too real. Whatever.

I didn't realize Bullock is in this movie. I tend to like her.

I am interested in watching his movie. I am not interested in the trailer. I'm not sure why my two sentences elicited that response from you.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:05 am

i wasnt cutting you down! or i didnt mean to sound that way! im sorry! i was laughing as i was typing that response! i heart you ale!
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:14 pm

I try to watch every single space movie, and Gravity will be no exception. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that in IMAX 3D when it comes out. Not sure they needed Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to make this concept riveting, but whatever, I'll take it. It's up there with Riddick and Ender's Game on my anticipated movies list.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:30 am

I'm highly skeptical of the physics being represented accurately. Like when she's spinning with that heavy arm and it's whipping her body a little. That's implying acceleration, and I'm inclined to believe that it would be much more smooth-looking while far less dramatic. And of course the obvious.....space is silent. I don't mean to be a dick, but those trailers are full of imagined gravity and sound.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Of course, i mentioned that the studio added sound to the trailers. There wont be any during the actual movie. Cuaron addressed this at comic con
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next