Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think will happen to you after you die?

+7
Contra
winterborne1
NOT MONGO
Toothbrush
osama
Soylent Brown
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think will happen to you after you die?

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:09 pm

If the God of the bible is real, then fuck him, he's an asshole. He does nothing but play mind games and pass judgment.

The odds of that though are, again, infinitely small, and not on even ground with what I believe. Jews, Muslims, Hindi and the like you could squabble with. You're all playing in the same sandbox. I'm sitting on a bench on the side, watching you guys shovel sand on each other and fight.

Having no beliefs about something is an infinitely more defensible position than having a belief. I don't have proof, so I don't believe it. You don't have proof, but you believe it anyway. It's not the same thing.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think will happen to you after you die?

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 pm

The fact that you have no belief in something is still a belief. You believe in having no beliefs in a higher being.

The proof of God's existence is the Bible. That's the source of my belief.

But I hope what you have read has caused you to think about your life and what will happen to you after you die. It's very important.

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:28 pm

No, my beliefs about the universe are based on scientific evidence. My lack of belief in a god is a lack of belief.

And I'm not reading any of these played out arguments. Smarter men than I have torn them apart time and time again.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:
What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 pm

But yet the Bible still continues to be the most relevant book in human history.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:35 pm

relevant to what? how to live like it's bronze age?

Outside of religion, your book is no different than harry potter. Some people like it a lot, but mostly youre just a bunch of people who really wish wizards were real.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Where do you think Hollywood gets their ideas from? They pick and choose ideas from the Bible and distort them and make irrelevant films that give no glory to God.

The Bible is relevant to human history for the simple fact that it is proof that God exists and that the Word of God is true.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't think you understand what facts are.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Your opinion, of course. But my facts come from the Bible that have been proven time and time again.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 pm

I believe that there is no such thing as absolute nothing. I believe that every "something" we know of came from something else, and at first perception, it seems like it comes from nothing, but then as we continue to learn and develop our methods of measurement and experimentation, we come to realize that the "nothing" we see is actually "something". We have already proven the existence of dark matter and shown that there is more energy BETWEEN every celestial object than within those objects themselves. Science has demonstrated that matter is constantly blinking into and out of "existence" at a rate so rapid, we're only just beginning to harness the technology required to witness it. Scientists are finding new ways to observe matter coming into existence, such as observing the effects of the elusive Higgs boson which is believed to be what gives mass to electrons, quarks, etc. It seems to me that the more we learn about the universe at various scales, the more we disprove the existence of "nothing".

So no, I don't believe that something came from nothing. I believe there was never "nothing" to begin with. And our knowledge of the universe seems to be leading to this idea.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:31 pm

The fact that I am alive tells me that I came to existence from another source of life. We all did. This existence is God. No life can be created from nothing.

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. -Genesis 1:27

I agree winterborne1, there was never nothing to begin with.

“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” -Revelation 22:13

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:58 pm

To give another example of what "nothing" might really be, try educating yourself about black holes and singularities. As matter and energy get closer and closer to the center of a black hole, it gets closer and closer to having positive mass within infinitely small volume (in other words, it gains infinite density). At some point, the mathematics of that geometry break down, forming a singularity, and thus the matter within becomes "nothing". And yet, it becomes eerily similar to the geometry of the entire universe, where the mathematics are similar, but the perceived effects are in reverse. The universe we see is finite mass within an ever-expanding volume. For all we know, we are already in the center of a black hole, and experiencing it as if we're on the opposite side of the looking glass. Of course, none of this would make any sense to you if your entire imagination is confined within a single book.

Last edited by winterborne1 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 pm

I respect what you have to say. But as someone who believes in the Bible then I believe that all of this matter and energy is created by God. He is the one who controls the universe and is the reason why we all exist today. If the big bang did happen then it was God who created it and formed the universe. Matter and energy had to be created by something. It just didn't pop into existence out of no where by nothing. I believe God is the source of all creation like the Bible tells us.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Like I said, I don't think matter and energy popped into existence by nothing. I believed it popped into existence by other objects we're currently in the process of discovering. If there is a God, he created something so small, we may never find it. But it's that object that led to the creation of everything else. I'd say, if he exists, he created mathematics. I'd be fine with that theory.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Then I will say that these "other" objects we are currently discovering were also created by God. I believe God created the universe and everything in it, that is not small at all. I believe God did create mathematics, He created man; man who then created mathematics.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 pm

On the other hand, if he created anything, I don't think it has anything to do with what happens when we die. We are made of the same stuff that stars are made of. When a star dies/explodes, its contents are spread out in the galaxy and the right mixture could lead to the formation of life. When that life ends, the star stuff doesn't disappear, it just ceases to be life.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 pm

The Bible says that God made us in His image, He did not make the stars in His image; therefore we are not like stars. If we were made up of the same elements of stars we would burn up the moment we were born.

God can never die, and neither can his children if we believe in Him.

This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. -John 17:3

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Dying, you destroyed our death
Rising, you restored our life
Lord Jesus come in glory

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Hallelujah to the King
To name above all names
He alone is the One
Who is worthy of all praise
Lift your voices, lift your hands
And in adoration sing
To the King returning

For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. -1 Thessalonians 5:2

What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 Second_coming100
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Perhaps every God is real, but only young Gods will interact with humans, because as they get old, time seems to be moving past them faster and faster and the problems of the individual are too small and short lived to garner their attention any more.

Somewhere, Odin recites a haiku that lasts the equivalent of an earthly millennia.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 am

this is painfully boring.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:51 am

Yeah I'm bored of it. There really isn't anything insightful here.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:02 am

I was hoping that it'd become funny after I'd exhausted any serious reply.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:33 am

There's still time. Somebody post something offensive!
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 am

What sort of god would allow that?
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:43 pm

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:57 am

winterborne1 wrote:There's still time. Somebody post something offensive!
I already edited his posts to include men kissing and kittens. Wish I could lock editing after mine.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:36 am

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:08 am

quite honestly, that was fun.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by schlueter Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 pm

god doesn't give reacharounds, fuck him then.
schlueter
schlueter
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:36 am

All sins will be forgiven if you repent and believe in the one and only Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

This is the good news of the Gospel.

From that time Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” -Matthew 4:17

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by malpractice Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:32 pm

decompose i suppose

malpractice
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:56 pm

...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God -Romans 3:23
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by bᴏy Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:30 pm

I believe that I will eventually revert back into base organic materials and compounds, after which the various decomposed parts of me will be utilized to create more of anything that these organic substances chemically and physically bind themselves with.
bᴏy
bᴏy
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Reddit covered some of the universe created from nothing nonsense and I thought it was appropriate here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/ritt6/if_energy_cannot_be_created_or_destroyed_is_it_a/

Nothing offensive or rude, just science talk.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by bᴏy Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:08 pm

In this thread:

People talk about science, religion and politics.

What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 CostanzaPopcorn
bᴏy
bᴏy
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:36 am

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:40 am

15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. -1 John 2:15-17
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by bᴏy Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 am

Yeah, but living forever seems kind of redundant, even more so than Nietzsche's Gay Science Groundhog Day version.
bᴏy
bᴏy
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:05 pm

Living forever is what makes life so worthless to Christians.

No matter what, they think they'll live forever. That's why you occasionally hear them proclaim that without god they'd go around killing people, as if that were a convincing argument to adopt the madness. The underlying violence is understandable; they live in an environment of self hate, repression and guilt, and the desperate hope that eventually their creator will start caring about them. Also the threat of eternal violence against them that looms overhead. It's a psychological mess playing on humans weaknesses.

It's just so easy to see through.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:38 am

I think you have Christians confused with muslims.

Life worthless? On the contrary, we give thanks to God for the life He has giving us. And we give thanks to God for His mercy and grace through the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who reigns forever. When was the last time you gave thanks to the One who gave you life?

Tell me in recent times where you've heard of Christian suicide bombers, or killing anyone who doesn't believe in the Christian faith. Christians are the most persecuted people in the world because the world hates us. Just like Jesus told us they would. "You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved." -Matthew 10:22

Christians don't force The Gospel of Jesus Christ on people. We only share our faith in hope that people will open their hearts and allow Jesus to enter their lives and see the glory of God. In the end, people will have to decide on their own whether to believe in The Gospel or not.

www.persecution.com

Last edited by † on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

What do you think will happen to you after you die? - Page 2 Oh_no_not_evangelism
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:51 am

I never confuse christians with muslims; muslims have never bothered me once.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 am

The Writer wrote:I never confuse christians with muslims; muslims have never bothered me once.
So a violent religion that kills innocent people doesn't bother you? Interesting.

Do you value human life and human rights?
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:25 pm

I mean literally. They've never tried to so much as share their beliefs with me. I find that refreshing.

Christianity has no ground to stand on though. All the hate, corruption and violence that has pervaded Christian practicing sects over the last couple thousand years puts killing 5000 people in a morning to shame.

Any culture that knows for sure that a higher power is on their side will become corrupted and self righteous. It's a supreme arrogance that manifests as a passive aggressive pitying of everyone else while bloating your own ego with how good and godly you're being.

You have to be able to accept that you could be wrong. It's not a moral weakness to admit that there's no certainty to who is right and wrong.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:56 pm

An atheist has no ground to stand on, obviously.

Let's say I am wrong and there is no God. Then when I die nothing happens to me, I just cease to exist. But you also have to accept the fact that you could be wrong. And if you're wrong and God is real then you will have to face God on the day of judgement.

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm

And what sort of God, on judgment day, will look at the sheep and say "you followed blindly out of fear, so you're in, but that guy over there who used all the faculties of his mind and body to try to understand the universe and better the society around him, and who refused to accept anything without sufficient evidence is in for nothing but demon rape and fire."

Do you want to spend more time with that guy? Keep your white trash god and your simple minded followers, I'll amuse myself.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:41 am

We are saved by the blood of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ alone. Not by working our way to heaven. We can enter the kingdom of heaven only through mercy by the grace of God. We have all sinned and broken the ten commandments. But God made a way so that we can all enter his kingdom by repenting and believing in THE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ. This is the good news of THE GOSPEL. Jesus took the punishment for OUR sins so that all of our sins can be forgiven. He was tortured for OUR transgressions so that we may live. He died and rose on the third day. Jesus conquered the grave through the power and glory of God.

No matter how "good" men think they are, in reality no man is good. Everyone has sinned. There is only One who is good and that is God.

Jesus is the ONLY way to eternal life. No man can do "good" works to enter heaven.

God is a just God and He must uphold His laws.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 am

I'm sorry if that's what you believe.

It must make life very joyless and uncomfortable.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 13, 2012 12:04 am

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon May 14, 2012 3:42 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I think we all live on in the atoms of matter that scatter across the universe when they leave what we call our body. Not life as we define it now perhaps, but still contributing.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum