Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think will happen to you after you die?

+7
Contra
winterborne1
NOT MONGO
Toothbrush
osama
Soylent Brown
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What do you think will happen to you after you die? Empty What do you think will happen to you after you die?

Post by  Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Have you ever thought about it?
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

What do you think will happen to you after you die? Empty Re: What do you think will happen to you after you die?

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:01 am

hopefully someone will be able to afford the cremation.

yes I've thought about it and figured that since I don't specifically believe in a prize/punishment sort of deal what happens afterward isn't very important. I figure when you're dead you're done but I'll find out later, or not.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
What do you think will happen to you after you die? Left_bar_bleue100/100What do you think will happen to you after you die? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

What do you think will happen to you after you die? Empty Re: What do you think will happen to you after you die?

Post by  Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:57 am

So you don't believe in God or a Creator?

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:49 am

not in the way it is implied. If I did then the answer to "what do you think will happen to you after you die?" would be pretty obvious.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
What do you think will happen to you after you die? Left_bar_bleue100/100What do you think will happen to you after you die? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:50 pm

What do you think will happen to you after you die? Doorknockers
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Do you have any religious background? Were you baptized as a baby or did you go to church growing up?
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by osama Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:46 pm

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-08/27/and-vinyly

this will happen to me after I die. the real question is, what songs will I be?
osama
osama
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 pm

† wrote:Do you have any religious background? Were you baptized as a baby or did you go to church growing up?
yep I did and was baptized, had a first communion and confirmation.

I'm not atheist but I'm also not religious.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 pm

ale wrote:
† wrote:Do you have any religious background? Were you baptized as a baby or did you go to church growing up?

I see. Were you baptized in a catholic church? I was baptized as a baby in the catholic church and raised going to a christian scientist church (not to be confused with scientology), but if you ask me christian science and scientology seem more like cults. I'm not catholic, I simply don't agree with a lot of their beliefs as far as ceremonies, rituals, and rules.

So you're agnostic? You believe in a higher power but you just don't know what it is.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:48 pm

I think Jesus is going to scold me for being a piece of shit and then the devil is going to make my existence horrible.
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Wonder Junkie
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:04 am

Doesn't that concern you?

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:10 am

Yeah but what am I supposed to do about it?
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:37 am

The Bible says in order for us to escape the fires of hell we must ask for forgiveness and repent (turn away) from sin and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and put our trust in Him.

We have all fallen short of the glory of God. We have all sinned. We all have broken God's Law, The Ten Commandments. But Jesus died on the cross to take the punishment and pay for our sins.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." -John 14:6

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 am

I do feel like shit about it and ask for forgiveness, but I always end up fucking up again and being a terrible person. What if for some reason I die before I have the chance to ask for forgiveness one last time?
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:06 am

Asking for forgiveness and repenting are two different things. When you ask for forgiveness, thats all you do, simply ask. When you repent, you turn away from your sin and run from it. Better to repent than to ask for forgivness.

If you feel you have not truly repented I urge you to do so. We never know when we might die. The Bible does not say that we can repent after we die. It calls for us to repent now.

Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” -John 3:3

What is meant by "born again", is when we truly repent and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior we are made a new creature. Our sins past, present, and future are washed away by the blood of Jesus. When we truly repent, God will change our heart and we won't want to continue to live in sin because we are able to see the wonderful gift that God has given us, that gift is salvation by grace through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Don't get me wrong, someone who is saved still sins throughout their life. We are flesh and temptaion will always be there. But a true sign that someone is truly saved is that they are disgusted by their sin and hate sin, but they continue to repent for their sin because they know sin offends God.

For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. -2 Corinthians 5:14-15

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. -2 Corinthians 5:17
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 am

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 am

† wrote:
ale wrote:

I see. Were you baptized in a catholic church? I was baptized as a baby in the catholic church and raised going to a christian scientist church (not to be confused with scientology), but if you ask me christian science and scientology seem more like cults. I'm not catholic, I simply don't agree with a lot of their beliefs as far as ceremonies, rituals, and rules.

So you're agnostic? You believe in a higher power but you just don't know what it is.
Yeap. I walked into a christian science store. Kind of creepy.
I maintain some religious practices without necessarily believing in them: I celebrate Day of the Dead and hold meaningful La Virgen de Guadalupe, and say things like "Dios te esta cuidando" (God is watching over you) believing that reality as true for whoever believes in it even if it is not my own. The first two I consider cultural aspects that I believe should be practiced, the latter I feel I do non-hypocritically.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:37 am

I'm glad to say I no longer attend a Christian science church. They're pretty cooky. I'm Christian non-denominational now. I believe a church should teach straight from the Bible and not pick and choose what they want to believe. The Christian science church only teaches the good things of the Bible and does not warn about sin, satan, or hell. In fact, they claim that sin, sickness, and death are not real. They claim that they are illusions. How can a church claim to be Christian and yet not completely teach what Jesus taught? That's not right.

You hold the virgin Mary meaningful but you don't hold the Bible meaningful?

I'm not trying to offend you but I don't understand why many people worship and pray to the virgin Mary. I've seen people pray to statues of Jesus, Mary, and saints. Not once does it say to do so in the Bible.

I Commandment: You shall have no other gods before Me. -Exodus 20:3

II Commandment: You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them;... -Exodus 20:4-5
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:02 am

Hey Toothbrush, I hope you give some thought about what I said to you. If you have a Bible at home you should open it up. Also, I recommend finding a Bible-based church in your area. I know that may sound weird, but you'll be surprised how many churches these days don't teach from the Bible completely. Many pick and choose what they want to believe and ignore the rest.

If you truly want to seek God He will reveal Himself to you. Don't wait before it's too late.

...“WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”
-Romans 10:13

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:48 pm

† wrote:

I'm not trying to offend you but I don't understand why many people worship and pray to the virgin Mary. I've seen people pray to statues of Jesus, Mary, and saints. Not once does it say to do so in the Bible.

II Commandment: You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them;... -Exodus 20:4-5
I do not find The Bible personally meaningful, correct. La virgen de Guadalupe is also a cultural symbol. Not too sure why this is difficult to believe except for the obvious trolling reason.

Not sure if you've ever noticed this or not but Catholicism is different from Christianity and I'm not the person to ask why saints, the virgin, etc are intermediaries or why it's okay it should give with the Bible that dead spirits walk the earth once a year and eat our food.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:47 am

† wrote:Hey Toothbrush, I hope you give some thought about what I said to you. If you have a Bible at home you should open it up. Also, I recommend finding a Bible-based church in your area. I know that may sound weird, but you'll be surprised how many churches these days don't teach from the Bible completely. Many pick and choose what they want to believe and ignore the rest.

If you truly want to seek God He will reveal Himself to you. Don't wait before it's too late.

...“WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”
-Romans 10:13

Sure did, and I've read the bible twice. Once for a class in college and another time a few years ago.
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:32 pm

ale wrote:
† wrote:

I do not find The Bible personally meaningful, correct. La virgen de Guadalupe is also a cultural symbol. Not too sure why this is difficult to believe except for the obvious trolling reason.

Not sure if you've ever noticed this or not but Catholicism is different from Christianity and I'm not the person to ask why saints, the virgin, etc are intermediaries or why it's okay it should give with the Bible that dead spirits walk the earth once a year and eat our food.

What I find difficult to understand is the fact that the catholic church says they believe in the Bible but in many ways they do not follow it and add their own beliefs in addition to the Bible.

I agree with you, catholicism is different from Christianity. But many catholics claim to be Christians and vice versa. I personally do not feel that catholics are Christians for many reasons, basically reasons that include beliefs, rules, and ceremonies that catholics follow that are not included in the Bible. One of them like you mentioned, the intermediaries that catholics believe can be used to reach God on their behalf. Catholics confess their sins to a preist who then prays to God for their sins to be forgiven, is my understanding. Christians confess and repent their sins to Jesus. The Bible says there is only one mediator between God and men, and that is Jesus.

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, -1 Timothy 2:5
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Toothbrush wrote:

Sure did, and I've read the bible twice. Once for a class in college and another time a few years ago.

That's good. Consistantly praying and reading your Bible will get you closer to the Lord. He wants you to seek Him, just like He wants everyone to seek Him. God has given us such a great and wonderful gift of salvation and eternal life through the Lord Jesus Christ. That's awesome. Such good news, God loves us so much that He will forgive ALL of our sins if we repent and put our trust in Jesus.

This is the good news of the Gospel.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:58 pm

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:45 pm

† wrote:
What I find difficult to understand is the fact that the catholic church says they believe in the Bible but in many ways they do not follow it and add their own beliefs in addition to the Bible.

I agree with you, catholicism is different from Christianity. But many catholics claim to be Christians and vice versa. I personally do not feel that catholics are Christians for many reasons, basically reasons that include beliefs, rules, and ceremonies that catholics follow that are not included in the Bible. One of them like you mentioned, the intermediaries that catholics believe can be used to reach God on their behalf. Catholics confess their sins to a preist who then prays to God for their sins to be forgiven, is my understanding. Christians confess and repent their sins to Jesus. The Bible says there is only one mediator between God and men, and that is Jesus.

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, -1 Timothy 2:5
Even Christians (pick your branch) don't follow the bible to the t (lol). I see nothing wrong with picking and choosing a personal belief.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:37 am

Of course, no one follows anything to the t. We are humans and we are all sinners. (lol)

But those who believe and repent will be saved. If Jesus said it was ok to pick and choose what He taught I would be all for it. But He never did teach that. Jesus said He is the ONLY way.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:06 am

Jesus was one finicky bastard.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 am

i died and paramedics brought me back to life... i didnt see any pearly gates, bright lights, or a fiery hell...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:05 am

I believe when I die, I will go to the Netherrealm and battle Quan Chi and Scorpion.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:38 am

you're gonna rot in the ground

or if you're cremated, you're gonna rot in a folgers can

lol @ american christ bro
Contra
Contra
UUDDLRLRBA

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:36 am

God is the creator of heaven and earth. He sent His son Jesus Christ to die on the cross to pay our fine for our sin against God. God loves us so much that He sent his son Jesus to die on the cross so that we can be saved and avoid hell for all eternity. If we repent and believe in the Lord Jesus we will be saved and spend eternity with the Lord Jesus in heaven. This is the good news of the Gospel.

The evidence of God's creation is everywhere. Look at the earth, the stars, mankind; we are all designed by an intelligent Creator.

To the atheists: How can nothing create something? That's impossible. The Lord God is the Creator of everything.

To the agnostic: The Bible is the most relevant book in human history for a reason. Because it is true, it is the living Word of God. The higher being you believe exists is the almighty God.

1 The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
2 Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge. -Psalm 19:1-2

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:07 am

Ale, I didn't think you would be disrespectful to what I have to say. I have respected your beliefs and comments. I would hope you would show that same respect back. If you don't like what I have to say or don't agree with me then you don't have to respond. We are both adults here.

But if you want to edit my posts by adding pictures, then go ahead. What I have to say has not been silenced since the creation of the universe. Good luck.

What do you think will happen to you after you die? He+is+risen

Last edited by † on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:26 am

i have like zero time for trolls, but i made 20 seconds available to reply in this topic and thats all im going to give. peace out
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 am

I hope you think about what you've read in this topic MONGO.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 am

† wrote:
But if you want to edit my posts by adding pictures, then go ahead. What I have to say has not been silenced since the creation of the universe. Good luck.
excellent.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 am

Wink
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:38 am

Is this a "what happens after you die" topic, or is this a Christian evangelical topic looking to lure non-believers into another pointless argument about whether God exists?
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:54 am

I have given a Biblical view on what I believe will happen to us after we die. Some have given their belief in this topic as well.

And yes, it is also an evangelical topic....

This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come. -Matthew 24:14

Last edited by † on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:33 am; edited 3 times in total
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:22 am

Blessed be the name of the Lord Jesus.

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:41 am

What do you think will happen to you after you die? Jesus-Christ-Wallpapers-with-Quote1
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Basically, the statistical odds that there is a higher power is 0%.

People are afraid though. Afraid of death and what it represents to them. Fear of the unknown, losing everyone and everything you have. They're willing to believe anything if it takes away the fear.

The fact that humans make decisions first and justify them later, but fool themselves into thinking they had that reason before they acted, is why humans are so receptive to what should be obvious bullshit.

Does it make sense to believe that humans leave their bodies to become something else, but retain knowledge, appearance, and relationships exactly the same? No.

We know exactly what happens when people die. We've witnessed it in art and in person. Your body is who you are. That's it.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:09 pm

So you believe nothing created everything?

Last edited by † on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:53 pm

There are a few amazing Hitchens debates floating around. I know it's not worth sharing it for a troll but I will when I get home and can find it, not because I necessarily think it'll matter (because Anthony's [lawl] surely already watched them anyway) but they're incredibly entertaining even while I dislike his cockiness and confidence.
That is not to say I believe one can prove or disprove the existence of a "higher power" and religion's doctrine by rationalization and the scientific method.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Ah yes, Mr. Hitchens.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Son of Sam becomes Son of God.

The Lord is rich with mercy and He will give mercy to those who seek Him.

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 pm

† wrote:So you believe nothing created everything?

Is that not what you believe?

oh no, you named your nothing 'God'.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Do you believe nothing created everything? Yes or no? I'm just curious.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:03 pm

The short answer is yes.

The long answer is that I believe the universe we know is an expanding and inflating balloon like bubble full of energy and matter, and we're just what happens when a particular mixture of material collides in that bubble.

I can't speculate as to why the bubble is here, but I believe the matter inside it is constantly recycled as it deflates and is drawn back together and then superheated and expands again.

I don't believe in a higher power because none have made themselves known, and I don't mean by appearing as burning plants to nomadic shepherds. I could say, surely something must have created us, so there's at least 1 thing above us. But, surely, something must have created that too, or else the premise that things have to be created is false. Then someone must have created the thing that created the thing that created us, of course.

The thing is, none of them have bothered to pop in, so I don't bother to believe they're there.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Just because you don't believe in God does not mean that He does not exist. The Bible has stood the test of time for over 2,000 years. Surely you don't believe the writers of the Bible lied about their account with Jesus. Jesus did walk to earth, most scholars do not dispute that. The evidence that there is a God is the Bible. Jesus was God in human form.

I know you don't believe in God, but what if there is a God and the Bible is true. The Bible says God will judge us all according to the 10 Commandments. We have all broken these laws. We have all lied, stolen, or committed adultery. Jesus said anyone who looks at another with lust has committed adultery in their heart. That's only 3 of the 10 Commandments and we are already guilty of breaking God's law.

God sent his Son Jesus to die on the cross and pay for our sins so that we can avoid going to hell. He rose from the dead 3 days later and conquered the grave. The Bible says we must repent and believe in order to see the kingdom of God. We must put our faith and trust in the Lord Jesus.

There is one God and His glory is revealed by the works of His hands. Look around you, the creation you see everyday could only be created by an intelligent Creator.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. -Romans 1:20

†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:34 pm

I hope you think about what you've read here. If you are curious whether God exists, just talk to Him. Ask Him, He will listen if you truly seek Him.

The Lord reveals Himself in many ways.
†
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum