Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the video game topiceth

+13
Toothbrush
Guero
Jesse
Contra
Soylent Brown
schlueter
uhoh
Garrett
Robo-Pussy
Snoogans
never
winterborne1
NOT MONGO
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

the video game topiceth - Page 2 Empty Re: the video game topiceth

Post by Garrett Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:17 pm

I lost Lydia somewhere. No idea where she is.

Trying to get the third piece of the amulet at sarlaac. I'm under leveled and I can't seem to find potions of healing. I've been using things I haven't normally touched just to level quicker.

I know how to alchemize them, but finding ingredients and crafting isn't fun.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
the video game topiceth - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100the video game topiceth - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Your level isn't really an indication of how long you've played the game.

You can level yourself 10-15 levels in under an hour if you know Muffle, Soul Trap, and Detect Life.I could probably use Detect Life and Muffle to level myself at least 5 or 6 more levels since those skills aren't maxed yet, but I decided that being around level 30 is pretty comfortable for most of the fights I'm doing now. My dudes one hit anything that isn't a dragon, so I figured I'd slow down and let the game catch up.

But I have played the game for a significant amount of time, and I work 50+ hours a week, and I have a girlfriend. I've had it for 2 weekends and I can play a lot in a weekend since my girlfriend is busy with school stuff at the moment.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:55 pm

I don't have those.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:
the video game topiceth - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100the video game topiceth - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 pm

I'm known for taking my sweet time playing games also. I usually take about 1/3rd longer than the average to beat any game.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:54 pm

I heard that fast traveling to the nearest city to where you last saw Lydia causes her to reappear or at least recalculate her path to you. I never actually lost her myself, so I can't confirm, and I'm not exactly sure that's exactly how it works. All I know is that people have been using fast traveling to find Lydia somehow.

Another thing I heard was that you can always keep track of Lydia by doing a minor side quest where you're supposed to retrieve some quest item, and instead of you picking it up, tell Lydia to pick up the item, and then the quest arrow will always point in her direction as long as she is carrying the item.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 am

winterborne1 wrote:I heard that fast traveling to the nearest city to where you last saw Lydia causes her to reappear or at least recalculate her path to you. I never actually lost her myself, so I can't confirm, and I'm not exactly sure that's exactly how it works. All I know is that people have been using fast traveling to find Lydia somehow.

Another thing I heard was that you can always keep track of Lydia by doing a minor side quest where you're supposed to retrieve some quest item, and instead of you picking it up, tell Lydia to pick up the item, and then the quest arrow will always point in her direction as long as she is carrying the item.

I didn't know that second part. If you had her wait and lost her she should eventually get bored and make her way back to the Dragonreach or your house in Whiterun.

I have a job but no GF and little to do outside of work besides go out with friends every so often. Mostly I had like 4 vacation days to kill before the end of the year.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Craft ID: uhoh and stuff
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Finished the main story tonight. Alduin was a pussy.

The ending I got based on my decision to not follow through with the Blades request was awesome. I'd definitely be curious as to what would happen if I made the other decision and did what they wanted me to do.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:54 pm

do i need to know anything about the other Elder Scroll games in order to fully enjoy Skyrim?
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:20 pm

I don't know the story for any of the other games. There are references made here and there in dialogue and books, but it is far removed from those events, so you don't really need to know anything.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:05 pm

sounds good.

Picking it up after i finish ass creed rev
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:33 pm

I actually had to reload an old save game last night because Lydia was trying to make it through one of those pendulum gauntlets and one of the pendulums actually came down and took her right into the wall where she disappeared forever. It was half shocking, half hilarious. Then I loaded up the saved game, told her to stand in the middle, then I Unrelenting Force pushed her past all the pendulums. I love/hate how Lydia just gets smacked around by every trap. I've given her like 50 healing potions. I wish she'd start drinking them.

BTW, I'm level 21 and I just finished becoming the Thieves Guild Master. I hate the look of the new armor though. The Nightingale Armor is way better. I think my next item on the agenda is to work on my Smithing so I can upgrade the Nightingale Armor to have a better rating than the Guild Master armor.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:04 pm

I still can't make legendary nightingale armor. I've got all the light armor perks, 100 smithing and smith boosting gear just in case but only get as far as flawless. I can even make a 2nd tier of legendary on stuff that was already legendary somehow but can't get that damn nightingale stuff up there Sad I still use the boots and gloves with dragonscale body and a dragon mask(also not legendary ><) though. Also, Void Salts that the nightingale armor uses are still hard for me to find at level 36.

That's the 2nd Unrelenting Force pushing Lydia story I've heard this week. My friend wanted her to help kill some Falmer but she wouldn't jump down a ledge so he had to hit unrelenting force while jumping up at her to get her off the ledge. I've had Marcurio(the hired mage follower) disappear the same way that happened to you. I'm often reloading games because of followers and traps.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I know one of the merchants that moves in after you become Guild Master sells Void Salts. I bought them and rushed out to make improvements to my gear and then realized I needed some kind of perk to improve magic items.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:19 pm

NERDS!
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:45 am

I love nerds rope. I wish they sold longer ones.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:41 pm

im debating what to buy.. i love loved oblivion and was on the RIP board talking about it nonstop back in like 05-06...

so im not sure if i should get skyrim, assassins creed, or modern warfare 3... theyre each different.. i might buy two games. so what should be my 1 and what should be my 2?
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:59 pm

uhhhh....Skyrim is your number 1. That one is easy. If you liked Oblivion, Skyrim will blow you away. It's much better in almost every way. I'm playing it right now. If I could only play one game for the rest of eternity, this would probably be it.

MW3 should probably be your number 2, because Skyrim will make you not give a rats ass about Assassins Creed. MW3 at least gives you a familiar multiplayer element that everyone you know is already used to. Plus, then you could play with your boy, Ochocinco, since that's where his focus is these days.

I've played all three, btw.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:32 pm

I have only played skyrim, but I heard the other two are just more-of-the-sames.

I think fallout 4, using skyrims engine, would be my play forever game.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:35 pm

i think i might just buy modern warfare 3 and then beat it in a day, play it on live for a few days and then trade it in for skyrim...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:05 pm

winterborne1 wrote:That one is easy. If you liked Oblivion, Skyrim will blow you away.
this.
skyrim almost feels like playing the Oblivion's sequel as if it came on a new generation console. It looks amazing of course and they tweaked a lot to really make it even more fun to play without really changing the feel of it too much.

----

I beat the Skyrim main quest line today. Did Thief Guild, Companions and Main Story line so far and at level 41. I think I'm going to make a mage and do the Dark Brotherhood, College and Civil War quests soon.

MW3 plays online just like MW2 with a few changes for the better. I liked MW2 and that everyone played it. When friends stopped playing it got a bit boring but now they're all back on 3 so I'm just fine with little change. It's a nice change of pace to get in like 2 or so matches of online play when I have little free time but want something to do. Or a break in Skyrim when I have a lot of free time and just play it too much at once.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:02 am

uhoh wrote: It looks amazing of course

http://www.flickr.com/photos/duncanjharris/sets/72157628114774012/show/

Yeah, I'd say so.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I decided to take a break from Skyrim in the wake of all the PS3 issues and now with the new Patch breaking the game even worse.

I started playing Persona 3 on psp. Holy crap that game is fun. I go to school, I run for the track team, and at night I kill demons in a dark creepy tower. Japanese people make wacky games.

It's basically Pokemon mixed with a social life sim game, set in a weird jrpg/anime plot.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Yeah that patch sucked hardcore. I STILL get lag when I'm hanging out in Whiterun or if I'm battling a dragon, but now all the magic resistances don't work and dragons are flying backwards now.

Apparently Bethesda said they are fixing those problems this week and they'll start fixing the questing issues after the holidays (which I personally don't mind either way since I haven't run into any quest malfunctions yet except Karliah returning to the Winterhold region instead of the Nightingale Hall, but that's rather tiny of an issue).

Maybe Mike was right in getting MW3 first and then waiting another week to get Skyrim. He'll probably get it around the time that the new patch comes out.

Oh, and I gave up and power leveled Smithing. I really just wanted to make sure that the Nightingale armor was the best armor in my inventory.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:54 am

I've never really played a fighter before, but I'm loving Mortal Kombat!

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:11 am

i know im definitely getting ps3 for christmas... but the question is do i ask for skyrim and assassins creed: revelations for xbox 360 or ps3? what looks and plays better for which console?
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 am

ask? are you parents getting it for you?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 am

NOT MONGO wrote:i know im definitely getting ps3 for christmas... but the question is do i ask for skyrim and assassins creed: revelations for xbox 360 or ps3? what looks and plays better for which console?

While I haven't played it, I've heard Skyrim for PS3 is buggy.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:53 am

ale wrote:ask? are you parents getting it for you?

nah, my brother
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:55 am

Snoogans wrote:
NOT MONGO wrote:i know im definitely getting ps3 for christmas... but the question is do i ask for skyrim and assassins creed: revelations for xbox 360 or ps3? what looks and plays better for which console?

While I haven't played it, I've heard Skyrim for PS3 is buggy.

i heard that but i also heard xbox has some environment issues
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:59 pm

they both have issues. i'd say its a wash between them. supposedly the ps3 issues will be fixed in the beginning of january, but i dont know how true that is.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Robo-Pussy wrote:I've never really played a fighter before, but I'm loving Mortal Kombat!

i love it too. i played the hell out of that game
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 pm

I beat alduin, but people don't seem that enthused.

Am I doing it wrong?
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Nah, they're too preoccupied with Skyrim's Got Talent voting and getting hammered on that Honningbrew Mead. They appreciate that you've made their world safer, and I'm sure there will be books written about it in the next Elder Scrolls game, but nobody will have read them.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 pm

idk I killed Alduin and saved at throat of the world hanging with Paarthunax and that other dragon you can call with a shout and figured it was a good ending point to that character's game.

Saved and made a new character. Nowhere near as fun as the first. Sad
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:56 pm

I've moved back to DC Universe Online while waiting for the PS3 version of Skyrim to get fixed. They added two new character classes since I last played, so this gave me a lot to do during Christmas break.

I also managed to throw my back out and end up in the ER last week, so I've had a lot of free time at home to play games.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:38 pm

never wrote:
I also managed to throw my back out and end up in the ER last week, so I've had a lot of free time at home to play games.
Did you throw it out playing wii sports? 'cause that'd be awesome. since now it's resulted in more game playing.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 am

Ha, unfortunately no. I wasn't actually doing anything. I stood up in my chair at work and then started feeling intense pain. So much so that I felt sick. So I tried to go to the bathroom and passed out on the way.

They've ruled out my heart first , because the pain was also in my chest. I have to do more tests to figure out what it actually is, but since it's the holiday my doctor isn't in and the fill-in doctor didn't want to schedule anything on his own... yeah HMOs are so awesome! =\

I think in my own time I'm going to go to a chiropractor or something fun like that.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:50 pm

holy shit.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:45 am

Hot shots golf for PS3 was worth every penny! I'm loving the PS3. I'm so glad I switched. I love having free online play. I just bought Twisted Metal 2 at the PSN store... I never realized how horrible the graphics were until now. I can't wait for the new Twisted metal. It's going to come with voucher for a download of Twisted Metal Black which I loved.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 pm

I picked up Deus EX. It's kind of fun, although I seem to die a lot.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Girlfriend started playing Skyrim. She's playing a Khajit lady. It's fascinating to watch someone else play a game that you played totally differently. She's not much for games with 3-dimensional movement usually, and she's pretty useless in combat, but she's been leveling up on the strength of her sneaking and pickpocketing, which she does incessantly, eschewing any sort of quest lines.

I figure by the time she starts doing quests, she's be over-leveled enough that the combat wont be a problem anymore. It does make me long for a two player cooperative mode in the game where I can bring my character in and help her out. It'd be so much fun.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Deus EX feels a lot like a comprehensible Yakuza game without all the silly side games and hostess clubs. And Stealth instead of Virtua Fighter combat. I love it.

Although it's pretty much confirmed that I need to play Yakuza 4 next.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:44 am

add me on psn- AgentofChaos2000
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:02 am

So I'm really liking FFXIII-2. Bought it today and it's even more linear than XIII. Active Cutscene is fun.

I started playing Ghost Trick on my iPad though and I stopped playing FFXIII-2. I had a hard time putting my iPad down since. It's really gd good. I played the free content and then paid for the full download as soon as I was asked. It only got better from there.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:08 pm

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/02/gamer-dies-in-taipei-internet-cafe-nine-hours-later-someone-notices/
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:33 am

I just downloaded the free Ghost Trick stuff for my iphone. Haven't tried playing it yet though.

I played the FF XIII-2 demo and it seemed exactly like FF XIII but instead of only walking down one corridor, I got to decide between walking down one on the left or one on the right. Also the story still seems lame as fuck.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 pm

as I continue to play FFXIII-2 the less I like it and the more I want to keep playing it. The introduction chapter really set a tone I wanted and then it's been kind of slow and boring since. I'm not sure why I want to keep playing it more. I still like the battle system tons. The 3rd party slot being poke...I mean monsters I can train is a blast.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm just excited that Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning comes out tomorrow.

An RPG with a good story and a great combat system... that has never happened before in the history of games. I'm totally looking forward to that. Hopefully they don't disappoint.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 am

I'm not sure what that is, tbh.
never wrote:
An RPG with a good story and a great combat system...
that sounds good, though.

I bought a new laptop. Lenovo with an i7 processor and a pretty good dedicated graphics card. I was going to build something but 800$ for this laptop was a pretty slick deal. Anyway I can play Star Wars the Old Republic as soon as it comes in.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning is the first Game Developed by an industry super team.

It's Todd Mcfarlene on art design. RA Salvatore writing the story. Grant Kirkhope doing the sound...And the dude who made Morrowind and Oblivion doing the game play.

And it's Curt Schilling's company putting the game out.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next