Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

+20
Vezmus
Colorado Chevy Man
bᴏy
Guero
osama
schlueter
Snoogans
donk
Garrett
Saevio
Jesse
Ozzman
never
winterborne1
Cory
Robo-Pussy
Soylent Brown
uhoh
NOT MONGO
24 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 11 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:09 pm

i have to get to work but ill come back with a better response tomorrow... i called the geologist a rockstar because of his mohawk... it was a joke..

i wasnt being condescneding. i just like to challenge ideas and maybe debate. it wasnt like i was saying frank is an asshole because blah blah blah he used his imagination time... im just saying ambiguity can work and force you to explain things for the movie itself using your own logic. but some of the ambiguity is just like que? the dreaming machine, vickers having superhuman strength because she can do a thousand pushups and other bullshit are ideas that are presented and arent fleshed out. so we are giving pieces to try to gestate but they offer no logical relevence to the plot. wtf am i talking about? i am rambling. im sorry if i come across as a douche. i just have strong opinions and i have the maturity of a gradeschooler when it comes to disagreements in ideas. i dont do this purposefully to be mean-spirited. i just felt frank (you) were reaching to try to make sense out of some bogus shit. i just didnt think the movie was fair to the audience...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 11 Empty Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:24 pm

For instance i had no idea until after i saw the movie that the reason for which the engineers were pissed at us and wanted us destroyed was that we murdered one of tye engineers who was in fact jesus christ. This was cut from the movies script because scott felt it was too "on the nose." Hallellujuah for ambiguity then huh? I guess you really need to pay attention to the space outside the film (interviews, docs, ect) to really grasp what they are trying to say without sounding them sounding like a retarded tracy flick* first year philosophy student

*more people should watch alexander paynes Election. So funny
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue100/100THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Robo-Pussy wrote:
never wrote:In an interview Lindelof stated pretty clearly that there is one liquid and the movie shows you what kind of effects it has under different circumstances.

Ahh interesting. I've read a bunch of his interviews and didn't see him say anything like that but that would seem to settle it then. Any chance you have a link?

http://www.t3.com/features/ridley-scott-reveals-prometheus-secrets-to-t3/Ridley-Scott-interview-Part-4--Prometheus-Spoilers--Secrets
---

[DL] I think another version of the question could be interpreted as, “What does the black goo do?”

[RS] Three things! Cleans your teeth…

[DL] Exactly. And I think that one of the things that I love about Ridley’s movies, and have loved long before I worked with him, is 30-some odd years after Blade Runner we’re all still talking about whether or not Deckard is a replicant. So there’s a speculative part of it – the question becomes, “What does the black goo do?” That is the question that you’re supposed to be asking coming out of this movie.

The movie demonstrates what it does in certain circumstances. So, here’s what it does if it gets on worms; here’s what it does if it gets on your face; here’s what it does if someone just puts a little bit of it in your drink. Now we see that that lots of this is headed to Earth. Now, you used the word “weapon” – you’re extrapolating that based on the theory Janek [Idris Elba] has, because it looks like a payload to him; all these ships are loaded with this stuff, and they’re headed for Earth. The intent has to be to wipe us out, or is it to evolve us, or is it for something else?

These are all hopefully questions and points of debate – frustrating for some – but ultimately the kind of science fiction. Why the two movies that Ridley did decades ago are still being discussed is this idea that when you walk out of the cinema that you have to go into a community and start to discuss. “Well, wait a minute, this is what I think happened.” And you’re hopefully mirroring the conversation that the characters are having in the movie, and more importantly this is why Shaw says what she says at the end of the movie. Which is, “I’m not going back to Earth and calling it a day, I need to know a little bit more about what’s happening here.”

Usually prequels, or movies that precede the original, close down the universe – so now we know everything we needed to know about Anakin Skywaker. We wanted Prometheus to open up the universe, so it’s not a prequel at all. It has two children, one of those children grows up to be Alien, and the other child is hopefully growing up in this other direction and, god willing, will grow up into an entirely different line of films.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Good find. Hmm yea he does make it sound like one substance there. Well I guess that's it then. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. It really doesn't change the movie very much whether it was one substance or two, but it's good to know.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:09 am

NOT MONGO wrote:Do you think a movie where a rockstar geologist gets lost in an alien catacomb but tell the prometheus ship his exact location (thus how could he have been lost?)

And why the fuck wouldn't they have been told at least the gist of the mission before they became enlisted?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:29 am

Did anyone bother to read the link I put up? It seems like the conversation about Prometheus is slowly heading in the direction of what my link was about. I guess we probably could have gotten to this point much sooner had anyone bothered to click it. Or maybe not. I dont know. I'll post it again.

Edit: Now I really feel like an asshole. I went this whole time assuming I posted up a link and nobody read it. Then I scrolled back and realized I actually put in a completely different link. Here's the right one: http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html#cutid1

We could have been talking about the Space Jesus theory a long time ago. This whole conversation would have been a lot more fun. I'm convinced that cavalorn is actually Ridley Scott. No way did some random schmuck on livejournal piece together all those allegories into a full on theory.

Last edited by winterborne1 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:34 am

Soylent Brown wrote:
NOT MONGO wrote:Do you think a movie where a rockstar geologist gets lost in an alien catacomb but tell the prometheus ship his exact location (thus how could he have been lost?)

And why the fuck wouldn't they have been told at least the gist of the mission before they became enlisted?

That's just the way they roll. They practically did the same thing in Aliens. Put a bunch of dumb marines and a robot on board a ship and filled everyone in later.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:49 am

That links pretty awesome, thanks!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:48 am

I love that pic i posted. Makes sense of the black chemical and its reproductive helping value. Did u know that in the early stages of the movie they were going to go all gaying it up and find a way for two males to reproduce an organism together. Im sure the black goo played a part. But interesting....

Ill read your link in the mornin jeff and im sure nobody peeped my link either..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:58 am

The link you posted actually contains, within it, the link I posted. And the link I posted contains many more links within it as well. We're looking at a full on linkception here, folks.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:26 am

I have mixed opinions about the picture you posted. I partly don't like the picture much because it completely leaves out circumstance, as if every single time you mix those two ingredients, you'll always get that end result. That's a pretty hasty assumption to make.

However, I also find the picture to be somewhat revealing, in that possibly Holloway is the beginning of where things start to really go wrong, and maybe there's more to Holloway than what is told in the movie, and could possibly be revealed later. Or perhaps the black goo was just never meant to be used by anyone other than an Engineer.

But I really, really like how the guy's last name is Poon.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Tomorrow I shall sneak into movies, which I've never really done before. I'm gonna use a free movie pass to see Magic Mike. Then I'll sneak into Spiderman 3D because I took the glasses home like 4 times instead of "recycling" them. After that I'm sneaking into Savages. Tomorrow shall be a great day!
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Safety not Guaranteed was ok. Unnecessary characters and some weird plot holes. It was entertaining-ish.
Watching the trailer I'm really not interested in watching that Ted movie. It looks straight up stupid. Like, not just Family Guy ripping off The Simpsons, but this, cheap copy of Family ripping of The Simpsons kind of stupid. I *do* want to see it for the hype though. I like knowing what other people enjoy, even if I don't. But i might.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:12 am

Saw Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. It was alright. I was kind of hoping it didn't take itself very seriously/was self aware, but I still enjoyed it. Went for the ridiculousness, and left satisfied.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Yea I have no interest in Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. I'm not into the gimmick. Ted was pretty funny, It was about what you would expect.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Spider-Man was a million times better than I thought it would be, but it was really lacking in a lot of areas. All the conversation and romantic comedy pieces were great. But they stumbled to tell a coherent story.

It was certainly at least as good and probably better than Raimi's movie though.

And I liked Safety Not Guaranteed a lot. I thought it was cute and fun.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Colorado Chevy Man Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Spider-Man sucked. The story sucked. The chemistry between Peter and Gwen sucked. There were too many cheesey parts. If I wanted to see Spider-Man again I should have just watched Raimi's original. Tobey was WAY better than this new kid on the block, especially during the emotional scenes. There was nothing new or great about this film. Just a poorly done remake that had no purpose in being made.

What a complete waste of time and money.
Colorado Chevy Man
Colorado Chevy Man
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:32 pm

i saw savages which was a pretty decent oliver stone movie. i decided on this over spiderman after i read how much of "the untold story" they cut out from the final cut of webb's new movie.

savages definitely made california (san diego in particular) attractive. ive got to head out there soon. it was a fun movie with some gruesomeness and a second ending that was alright, while i laughed out loud in the theater at the original ending...

im currently watching bullhead and i keep cutting away from the movie to do other things. im kind of mad with myself that im not into it, im not in the frame of mind. its a movie ive been wanting to see... cant wait to see "a seperation"
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:16 am

I can't believe you guys

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Ghost Turd
Type: Military
Shields:

https://deftones.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:25 am

finished bullhead... thought the lead was great and was surprised by what it was about... i think the movie had to many limbs which they should have cut off and just focused on jacky... also the awkwardly timed flashback was sort of problematic... maybe it should have been further delayed??
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:08 am

NOT MONGO wrote:finished bullhead... thought the lead was great and was surprised by what it was about... i think the movie had to many limbs which they should have cut off and just focused on jacky... also the awkwardly timed flashback was sort of problematic... maybe it should have been further delayed??
I have most of the same problems with that movie. It looks like they could have done SO MUCH, all the leads were there to interesting side-characters, etc, but they didn't really do anything with it. Instead it seemed very scattered and incomplete.
Hmm I hadn't thought about delaying the flashback scene. That probably could have worked.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:11 am

it was definitely a great first major feature for the director though... that actor mattias whatever was really dedicated to the role. i loved the closeup shots of jacky in the club, his face awash with color from the lights and the music from the club almost muted- very intense. thought he was going to blow up- which comes to my next problem. when he goes to beat the shit out of that dude it isnt as explosive as id like... bullhead definitely has moments of greatness though..

gonna watch it again
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 am

i definitely want to see Simon Killer which debuted at Sundance. heard the lead is excellent and a complete psychopath...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Colorado Chevy Man wrote:Spider-Man sucked. The story sucked. The chemistry between Peter and Gwen sucked. There were too many cheesey parts. If I wanted to see Spider-Man again I should have just watched Raimi's original. Tobey was WAY better than this new kid on the block, especially during the emotional scenes. There was nothing new or great about this film. Just a poorly done remake that had no purpose in being made.

What a complete waste of time and money.

Weird I thought their chemistry was probably the best part of the movie. And wasn't surprised at all to find out they were dating in real life.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 pm

i didnt know they were dating... i loved stone in zombieland
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:56 pm

At first I wanted to see Savages, but then I didn't because of the reviews. But then Mike just convinced me to see it again.

Still need to see The Amazing Spider-Man too.

Last movie I saw was Moonrise Kingdom. I liked it. I think Wes Anderson is getting better. I used to hate him. This movie and The Fantastic Mr. Fox have done a lot to change my opinion of him.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm

savages isnt an amazing movie by any means. but it was vintage oliver stone in his semi-prime... it had some cool things about it and for some reason i really like blake lively even though people think shes plain and her voice is annoying (which i kinda think is sexy).. the threesome aspect of the movie is too hippie-ish for me and i wouldve liked if they showed more of livelys skin
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:12 pm

I want to see Savages. It seems to be doing fairly well around these parts too.

I went to premiere of Death Grip a couple of weeks ago. It was very very good. The fight sequences are awesome and I was not expecting it to be so humorous. It looks great for how low budget it is. The one thing I didn't enjoy/see a point to was the love interest in the movie, but otherwise it was awesome.
Here's the trailer for it (check out some of the other clips), and if you're going to Comic Con they have a booth there (as they do every year). They're super nice. Snag a copy of this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yFnYFZqdGY
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Saw Ted. Meh. If you like Family Guy and unnecessary (and mostly unfunny) pop culture references then you'll probably like this. Joel McHale was the best part. It was about half hour too long, had some funny bits.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Ryan Reynolds had a great cameo.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:43 am

Spoiler:
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:35 am

Everything that you said in the last two paragraphs is fair.

Spoiler:

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Spoiler:

winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Oh wow! Cool.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
Spoiler:

That totally makes sense, thank you.
I didn't like the bear voice. It was very difficult to stop thinking "Family Guy".
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_%28film%29

holy shit. just started reading the plot and it starts out in my home town: Brockton, MA. awesome. Brockton has been referenced in many movies though like Coneheads and a few Adam Sandler movies... The last Adam Sandler movie that came out was filmed a few streets down from where I live. very cool.
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 am

I watched Silent House the other night. Still not sure how I feel about it. I do like the idea of the "real time" sequencing of the movie, and Elizabeth Olsen is talented as fuck, but in the last 20 minutes the film became a completely different film, and that's why I dunno if I liked it or not. I also halfway predicted the end near the beginning of the movie. I wanna see the original film, maybe that will make more sense.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by RonSwanson AKA DukeSilver Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 am

Let's talk about these movies for a minute...

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 11 PRM-ComicCon-1sht-jpg_171036

THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS - Page 11 Oz-1-Sht-teaser-v4b-jpg_195547
RonSwanson AKA DukeSilver
RonSwanson AKA DukeSilver
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:06 am

Beasts of the Southern Wild is very very good. Hushpuppy is amazing in it. The father/daughter and townspeople relationship is very interesting.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:34 am

yes! i want to see beasts..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:35 am

pacific rim, godzilla, elysium, man of steel

looking forward to next year
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:43 am

There is a godzilla movie next year?

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 am

Oh boy I can't wait to see this teaser trailer.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:09 pm

saw the extended trailer for Django Unchained andI'm about to become a very serious Jamie Fox fan. I was actually disappointed that the movie that was about to play was Dark Knight Rises and not Django...
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Craft ID: uhoh and stuff
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Savages - meh. it was okay.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/quick-guide-tykwerwachowski-genrehopping-epic-cloud-atlas/
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:34 am

The Watch was meh, as expected. The first half hour had some pretty good bits but as the movie progressed and it injected emotional mother/daughter stuff it just failed at being funny to the same extent. It was enjoyable, very busy film. The practical fx were awesome.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:38 pm

I saw The Watch last night and I thought it was okay. The script/story was weak but taking into consideration what it was that was okay. Not too many huge laughs but overall it was a really fun movie with great pacing. There were a ton of dick jokes, which I loved. It was no surprise to later find out that Seth Rogan was one of the writers.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:11 am

So I just watched this movie called Entry, Descent, Landing, and it was fucking awesome. 10 out of 10.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 pm

ಠ_ಠ
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next