Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a new credit card

+6
winterborne1
Soylent Brown
chingon
Garrett
Robo-Pussy
Whitey Bulger
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I need a new credit card Empty I need a new credit card

Post by Whitey Bulger Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Anyone know of any good deals, low interest?

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

I need a new credit card Empty Re: I need a new credit card

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Too bad you just missed out on the Kardashian Kard

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:
I need a new credit card Left_bar_bleue100/100I need a new credit card Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:34 pm

live within your means.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
I need a new credit card Left_bar_bleue100/100I need a new credit card Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Bullshit. Bankruptcy is your friend. Live it up and fuck the consequences.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Heres me with my new card

I need a new credit card Amex+black+card
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Golden Hind
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:57 pm

he's not covering the right digits.

you could easy find the rest of the numbers by knowing what the numbers mean.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:03 pm

does that say poppa smurf?

I need Word or a Word-like program that recognizes Spanish language, grammar, etc.
Halp me, please.
I did some googling and haven't found much of anything.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Open Office doesnt do all that? I only suggest that one because its free.
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Golden Hind
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:57 pm

I'd never heard of that. I'm taking a gander now
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:48 am

Okay, thank you! It has Spanish included. However, I can't figure out how to use special characters (accents) without having to manually insert them each time.
The spell-check doesn't catch them.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Have you found a credit card yet?

So I was using that free thing and the special characters don't transfer over to .doc

any backdoor downloads for word?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Might just go with capital one. I have excellent credit so I have options

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:44 pm

I have a Capital One card.

they seem alright.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

how about not getting a credit card? most people seem to do better without them.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:16 pm

I love having a credit card. I put most of my expenses on it. I pay off my balance in full every month so I've never paid a fee or interest and I just collect the points and get a few hundred dollars back every year.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:33 pm

i know what you mean. it's kinda like taking NZT. it makes you feel really cool, and lets you get things right away instead of earning them first.

the problem with it doesnt occur until youre faced with an emergency situation and you end up having to spend more on the credit card than you can cover in a month. then youre stuck paying interest payments, which can quickly eliminate the benefit of having a card. for many people, thats the first step into financial oblivion. i had to deal with that when i was a kid, and it took me a solid 6 or 7 years to get to a point where im no longer sending money away just trying to MAINTAIN a debt. its a lesson im glad i learned BEFORE i have a family that depends on me.

i personally prefer to save up cash into a separate account for emergency situations, and then use my debit card for the majority of my expenses. my emergency fund earns interest for me, which is great because im being paid whenever im not having an emergency. actually my debit card earns interest for me too. so im basically having similar benefits, except im not risking putting myself in debt. thats double bonus, bro.

interest is kind of an evil concept, and now i always try to make sure im on the benefitting side of that concept.

trust me, at this point, im sure i could afford to pay off a credit card balance every month, and im sure a couple hundred bucks a year would be nice. but it turns out, its not as nice as having the security of knowing im never going to be a bitch to a piece of plastic again, and paying things with cash has its perks too. besides, there are other accounts you can put money in that will earn you some valuable interest.

Last edited by winterborne1 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm really bad with money, and should not have credit. I currently owe about $9000 to credit card companies, and glod knows how much I've given them in fees and interest for it. I'll pay them off, eventually, because I've stopped using them, but it was a rabbit hole that I ought not have gone down.

On the other hand, if they had continued to extend my credit forever so that I could simply buy everything I wanted and go deeper and deeper until the day I died, I wouldn't feel bad about it. It's only because they cut me off that it became a problem.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:47 pm

i wouldnt want to leave my children with any kind of debt when i die.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 pm

the way i see it, if you're bad with money, you should NOT get a credit card. if you're good with money, you dont NEED a credit card.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:26 pm

I understand both of your points and I agree. If you don't have the self control then just don't have one. In my situation though I've never had an issue. I don't buy anything that I don't have the cash for right now. So I really don't see it as any kind of a risk. It's really a total non issue for me. I never really understood the issues people have with it. Don't buy things you can't pay off today... Of course its a self control issue. I do the same thing with saving money for emergency situations in accounts.

I can't even imagine being 9000 in debt to credit card companies no less. The interest on that. Oh god. I've actually never been in debt ever. I'm kind of freaking out about taking out loans for school next semester, debt is going to be new to me.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:53 pm

If it's a non-issue, then it's a non-issue. I would just rather forgo the few hundred dollars a year and whatever rewards you get, than further propagate the fallacy credit card companies sell to the world that you need to have a credit card to get by in life. Credit cards are the pandemic that destroyed the middle class of this country, as people have gotten addicted to buying things immediately and putting themselves in so much debt, they are stuck in poverty for what could be the rest of their lives. Meanwhile, creditors have amassed such wealth off of it, they will never be challenged atop the financial totem pole, for as long as money exists.

Maybe you might have the self-discipline to keep yourself grounded with a credit card. But there still is no guarantee your kid will have the same kind of restraint, or your wife for that matter. Sure, you could teach them to hold back on impulse purchases, just like you could teach them not to smoke crack, but there still is no guarantee that they won't still smoke crack.

If you smoke crack, but keep it in moderation so it never becomes an issue, you may be teaching your kid to keep everything in moderation, but you're also teaching them to smoke crack.

I'd rather set the example of NOT using a credit card, AND demonstrate self-discipline. This way, I'm imparting a double whammy lesson on my kids, which in turn is doing my part to end the tyranny of credit card companies.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:05 pm

winterborne1 wrote:i wouldnt want to leave my children with any kind of debt when i die.

Already thought of that.

Vasectomy.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah im not reading jeffs wall of text. But anyway I dont have any credit cards right now, hence why I was clueless what to get. I only need it to purchase one thing, which is going to be an investment... Sometimes you people scare me

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:54 pm

No offense, must be a california thing

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:14 pm

possibly.

the reason I was reckless is the same reason that rappers go crazy with their money. also, a bit of my father deciding not to support me anymore, not being able to find a job, and depression.

I felt really bad about being in debt at first, but it happened, and the world didn't end, so I guess it's alright. I would really love to pay it all off though.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Whitey Bulger wrote:Yeah im not reading jeffs wall of text. But anyway I dont have any credit cards right now, hence why I was clueless what to get. I only need it to purchase one thing, which is going to be an investment... Sometimes you people scare me

Purchasing something that you can't readily afford is a bad idea, even if it's an "investment". Don't say I didn't warn you just because you refused to read my "wall of text" because I'm a Californian.

I'm only giving you what is probably the best advice I could give anyone, and you're throwing it away because I'm from California.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Lol you know very little of my intentions. I work two jobs and can afford it. I have awesome credit, not everyone fucks up their credit. Stop acting like youre this old wise man, dont talk down to us like we arent adults. This is what happens when someone with a huge ego thinks they are helping people. Now please go

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:11 pm

I just asked for a fucking credit card recomendation and people have to get preachy lolz

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:19 pm

I just said to live within your means.

if you're sure you can actually afford it, and if you really need it right now instead of saving up for it, then sure, knock yourself out.

I really fucked myself over with this shit, and now I don't make enough to save anything, which means I can't buy a car, which means I can't apply to jobs that are farther away, which means I can't make more money, which means I can't pay off the debts quickly, which means I'm fucking stuck until I can either sell a book, or I get lucky.

but you're not me.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:27 pm

winterborne1 wrote:If it's a non-issue, then it's a non-issue. I would just rather forgo the few hundred dollars a year and whatever rewards you get, than further propagate the fallacy credit card companies sell to the world that you need to have a credit card to get by in life. Credit cards are the pandemic that destroyed the middle class of this country, as people have gotten addicted to buying things immediately and putting themselves in so much debt, they are stuck in poverty for what could be the rest of their lives. Meanwhile, creditors have amassed such wealth off of it, they will never be challenged atop the financial totem pole, for as long as money exists.

Maybe you might have the self-discipline to keep yourself grounded with a credit card. But there still is no guarantee your kid will have the same kind of restraint, or your wife for that matter. Sure, you could teach them to hold back on impulse purchases, just like you could teach them not to smoke crack, but there still is no guarantee that they won't still smoke crack.

If you smoke crack, but keep it in moderation so it never becomes an issue, you may be teaching your kid to keep everything in moderation, but you're also teaching them to smoke crack.

I'd rather set the example of NOT using a credit card, AND demonstrate self-discipline. This way, I'm imparting a double whammy lesson on my kids, which in turn is doing my part to end the tyranny of credit card companies.

Credit cards aren't the problem and credit card companies aren't the devil. There is nothing at all wrong with using a credit card. It's not at all like smoking crack it's not even comparable. I would imagine there are consequences to using even moderate amounts of crack, but paying off the balance on a credit card every month there is no consequence... except getting free shit. The issue is people living beyond their means. If you have the money to pay off your purchase why not use a card? I agree with the principle of not buying things you can't afford. There really isn't a difference between what I do and what you do.

I just can't stand people that complain about how the credit card companies fucked them over and fucked their lives. No they didn't. You did. You spent more than you had. What did you think would happen? Was the credit card company just going to say "You don't have the money? Ahhh that's cool. Just get us back whenever ya can." ?

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Oh and having a credit card (assuming you are not late on payments) is good for your credit score.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Not you garrett... I guess bringing california into this isnt fair but it seems everytime I butt heads with someone theyre always californian. It seems like there is a totally different mentality than here. The only people ive had little arguments with are brian jeff and sometimes ale but not so much any more... I just hate how someone is going to tell me I dont need something when they dont know me, how good I am with m(ney, or just the circumstanes. I asked for a recomendation, I didnt say I had every intention of fucking my credit up

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:59 pm

And lolz@ the crack comparison. Jesus christ.you wanna talk about living beyond your means but look at some people trying to talk beyond their intelligence. Lolz

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:00 pm

I know, but I make everything about me.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Whitey Bulger wrote:Lol you know very little of my intentions. I work two jobs and can afford it. I have awesome credit, not everyone fucks up their credit. Stop acting like youre this old wise man, dont talk down to us like we arent adults. This is what happens when someone with a huge ego thinks they are helping people. Now please go

Wow, aren't you the hateful Bostonian... I wasn't talking down to anyone. You asked what kind of credit card you should get, and I suggested you DON'T get a credit card and instead, save up the money to buy whatever it is you're wanting. You're turning this into some kind of personal war that has something to do with where we are geographically located. The thing is, if you work two jobs and you can afford it, then why are you needing a credit card in the first place? What is so pressing and necessary that you ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS WONDERFUL THING RIGHT AWAY?

My argument has nothing to do with your credit rating. In fact, I would be the first one to tell you that your credit rating doesn't matter at all in the long run. It's a score that helps you get a good mortgage loan in the future, but it doesn't mean you can't get a good mortgage loan without one.

If you don't want to listen to me because I'm from California, then maybe you should try listening to the guy that convinced ME that I didn't need a credit card. Because like you, I once was under the belief that I needed to have a credit card to get what I want, and I overvalued my credit score. It was Dave Ramsey's book (The Total Money Makeover) that changed my mind, and that wasn't the only book I read on the subject. It's just the one that made the most sense and seemed the least like a "theory" and the most like "undisputable fact".

But most importantly, stop being a hater. Jesus Christ. I have a strong opinion on this subject, doesn't mean you need to ridicule me for supporting a stance. If you don't want an opinion, don't ask for one.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Ok im sorry

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Whitey Bulger wrote:And lolz@ the crack comparison. Jesus christ.you wanna talk about living beyond your means but look at some people trying to talk beyond their intelligence. Lolz

Another day, another ungrounded personal attack from Mongo. FYI, I live WELL under my means. It's really none of your business, but I actually have my housing debt paid off for the entirety of however long this NFL lockout is supposed to last. On top of that, I don't have car payments anymore, that's paid off too. On top of that, I still get to earn unemployment, but even that is just supplementing the savings I accrued all season long. Do you really think I'm living beyond my means? How often have I posted under the Latest Purchase topic? I simply don't buy things. My money goes into savings. I suspect the reason you think I live beyond my means is from pictures you see on my facebook of me drinking at bars, or wearing fancy clothing, etc. If only that were my everyday life. Truth is, my everyday life isn't worth taking pictures.

I dine out a lot with friends, but honestly, I can afford to. I'm not dropping hundreds of dollars a month on a fancy car. I take great care of the things that I have so I don't need to replace them. I invest in shitty things and put in the work to make them into good things. The lamps I have in my room, I made myself. I only buy furniture from friends.

So umm, tell me again how I'm living beyond my means?
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Whitey Bulger wrote:Ok im sorry

It's no biggie. Just stop looking at me like I'm a hater, and I'll stop looking at you like you're a hater.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Facepalm.jpg

Garrett said dont live beyond ur means which I turned into a joke about how youre trying to preach to us like youre of superior intelligence, when youre clearly on the same iq level as us.

Its not hard to follow honestly. I never said u lived beyond ur means.

Last edited by Whitey Bulger on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:40 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
Whitey Bulger wrote:And lolz@ the crack comparison. Jesus christ.you wanna talk about living beyond your means but look at some people trying to talk beyond their intelligence. Lolz

Another day, another ungrounded personal attack from Mongo. FYI, I live WELL under my means. It's really none of your business, but I actually have my housing debt paid off for the entirety of however long this NFL lockout is supposed to last. On top of that, I don't have car payments anymore, that's paid off too. On top of that, I still get to earn unemployment, but even that is just supplementing the savings I accrued all season long. Do you really think I'm living beyond my means? How often have I posted under the Latest Purchase topic? I simply don't buy things. My money goes into savings. I suspect the reason you think I live beyond my means is from pictures you see on my facebook of me drinking at bars, or wearing fancy clothing, etc. If only that were my everyday life. Truth is, my everyday life isn't worth taking pictures.

I dine out a lot with friends, but honestly, I can afford to. I'm not dropping hundreds of dollars a month on a fancy car. I take great care of the things that I have so I don't need to replace them. I invest in shitty things and put in the work to make them into good things. The lamps I have in my room, I made myself. I only buy furniture from friends.

So umm, tell me again how I'm living beyond my means?

Sucks for guys like you who have to be out of work because of that lockout. The Jets already began the layoffs/salary roll backs. Disgusting.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm somewhat worried about the lockout, but I have good faith that there will be a season next year, and it won't be THAT late in its arrival. At least most of us saw it coming. It would have been disasterous if they sprung it on us without warning. I guess the sports media is good for SOMETHING.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Bulger Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:43 pm

I dont want u to think I hate you jeff but I cant resist shooting u down and arguing with you when you say this kind of bullshit.

Whitey Bulger
European Nigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Oh yea, I'd be very very surprised if the season doesn't start on time. But still The Jets already cut salaries back 25% for everyone. That's money that probably isn't coming back for the lower level people.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Whitey Bulger wrote:I dont want u to think I hate you jeff but I cant resist shooting u down and arguing with you when you say this kind of bullshit.

What kind of bullshit exactly? That credit cards aren't worth the risk? That's the kind of bullshit that I wish my parents would have told me, and now to be honest, I kind of resent them because they didn't.

*edit: That doesn't mean I hate my parents, though. I love them both very much. I just wish I would have gotten better lessons about money from them than I did. But I don't blame them. When they were young, credit cards didn't even exist.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:50 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
Whitey Bulger wrote:I dont want u to think I hate you jeff but I cant resist shooting u down and arguing with you when you say this kind of bullshit.

What kind of bullshit exactly? That credit cards aren't worth the risk? That's the kind of bullshit that I wish my parents would have told me, and now to be honest, I kind of resent them because they didn't.

There's no risk to having a credit card though. Just don't spend more than you can afford. There is no risk. Anyone who can't figure that out deserves what they get.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Robo-Pussy wrote:Oh yea, I'd be very very surprised if the season doesn't start on time. But still The Jets already cut salaries back 25% for everyone. That's money that probably isn't coming back for the lower level people.

It's kind of hard to forecast the future at this point. Now that the union has built up some leverage, I have no idea if DeMaurice Smith is even interested in continuing negotiations at this point, or if he just wants to have Judge Doty do all the work this summer. I'm glad the owners aren't dictating everything anymore, but I'd like to see more of an effort out of the NFLPA to get back into mediation/negotiations so we can have football in August.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:59 pm

True that. Good luck.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Robo-Pussy wrote:
winterborne1 wrote:

There's no risk to having a credit card though. Just don't spend more than you can afford. There is no risk. Anyone who can't figure that out deserves what they get.

Unfortunately, that's the majority of the population that "deserves what they get". It would be great if everyone we're as disciplined as you, but that just isn't the reality we live in. Temptation is just about everywhere you go. Credit cards, for you, are a way to score easy rewards. That's fine, as long as you maintain a good emergency fund to protect you from Murphy's Law, and nothing catastrophic happens that would force you to put more on your credit card than you ever intended.

For many people though, credit cards are a way to satiate a hunger to BUY. It is so much easier to get that new thing right away if you have a credit card and can say "Oh, I'll pay it off later." Maybe you WILL pay it off later. Most people won't. A lot of people will run into an unexpected emergency WHILE they are in the process of paying off their credit card.

I'm really not just speaking of myself. This is the society we live in, and this is why more and more people are falling into debt. Debt is so engrained in people's heads now, that they actually believe you need to be in debt in order to survive. Many people actually buy into the credit companies' mantra that you need to put yourself in debt, so that later, you can put yourself into more debt.

Just because you can handle a credit card responsibly doesn't mean you SHOULD have a credit card. Even if you NEVER have any issues paying it off, the credit companies still make 2% off everything you buy, and they'll eventually use that money to trick your grandchildren into ruining their lives.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm cool with them making their 2% because I get something back in return.
I don't see how they are really tricking people. If people get into debt not realizing that they are going to pay huge interest fee's then they are fucking idiots. What kind of person goes into debt like that and doesn't find out exactly what kind of interest they are going to have to pay on that debt? An asshole, that's who.

As far as emergencies go I'd rather have the card and access to the money in case something so catastrophic happens that I determine that it would be worth going into debt and paying the interest. If something horrible and unexpected happens to my car (which I need to commute to work and school) and the costs exceed my savings, as shitty as it would be... It would probably be worth it to go into debt because having that car is essential for me. It would probably be far worse for me to lose my job and have to drop out of school because I don't have a car.

I agree though that there are a lot dumb people out there. It's just baffling to me. I know a girl who got a card for the first time and 3 months later was a couple thousand dollars in debt because she bought clothes and electronics she couldn't afford. It wasn't the cards fault. My best friend for years carried a balance of over $1000 month to month and paid the interest, despite having 4 or 5 thousand in the bank available for him to easily pay it off. He refused because he didn't want his savings below a certain number even if that meant he was going to end up paying substantially more on the credit card bill. He didn't even know exactly what the interest he was paying was. He really didn't care. I called him a god damn idiot every time we spoke about it. Unfortunately there are more people like them then there are me. But you know what in the end its all about personal responsibility. It's easy to blame the card, but the card isn't spending the money. It always comes down to the person.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next