Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Talk about the Playstation 4.

+3
never
NOT MONGO
Garrett
7 posters

Go down

Let's Talk about the Playstation 4. Empty Let's Talk about the Playstation 4.

Post by Garrett Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Here's a link to a fact sheet if you need it.

I'm sold on it. It's a bummer you can't play PS3/PS2/PSX disc games, but at this point I'm okay with buying the ones I actually want to play again as a download. I'm hoping the store is full on day one with at least the stuff in the PS3 store.

I don't know how the touchscreen will add to the games, but modular hotkeys sounds good. Otherwise they might just be adding it for mobile game ports and their browser. I am betting you can flip through the pages of the UI with it though.

Being able to remote play any PS4 game on the vita is actually a pretty big selling point for me now that my girlfriend dominates the television half the time, but they have to drop the vita's price asap.

Speaking of games, I'm not pumped about anything they announced or showed, but I'm confident that the games will be there. PS3 took a while to warm up, but it's great now, and the PS4 is supposed to be way easier to develop for.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
Let's Talk about the Playstation 4. Left_bar_bleue100/100Let's Talk about the Playstation 4. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk about the Playstation 4. Empty Re: Let's Talk about the Playstation 4.

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:40 pm

yeah im stoked for it... but i really want to see what Microsoft has in store. I highly doubt the next XBOX wont allow used games to be played. Thats just a bad business move and piracy isn't that bad so I fail to see what the huge deal is or purpose for such technology like that.
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:
Let's Talk about the Playstation 4. Left_bar_bleue100/100Let's Talk about the Playstation 4. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk about the Playstation 4. Empty Re: Let's Talk about the Playstation 4.

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 pm

im also thrilled to see how massive games will be now since most games were held back in size due to also being developed for the XBOX's 8gb dvd discs.

8gb of Ram is pretty sweet lol

8 core cpu.. gpu -1.84 teraflops...

the footage of the new killzone looked good but not mind blowing as i thought the next gen graphics would be. im blaming this on it being an early version of the game (obviously)...

youre turn Microsoft
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 pm

the share function seems lame and im betting only the hardcore of the hardcore will use it. not to mention it will clog bandwidth.

i wish i had FIOS because these functions would be perfect for it.

NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 pm

also, i want the PS Vita! i think ill wait till they make the PS Vita2 which should have better battery life and more memory. Otherwise those improvements could potentially kill the selling points of the regular Vita... do you agree G?
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:57 pm

The share function is an amazing idea, but it's going to be hilarious when everyone gets charged through the roof for going over their allotted bandwidth.

But communities like twitch.tv are growing, so adding functionality like that seems like they are at least paying attention to the gamer community.

never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm not sure I get what all the big fuss is about. It's way more powerful, but I feel like the graphics in ps3 games are already pretty good. How much better are the visuals really going to get? I've seen those trailers they've released and I'm not wowed. For people that like to record video of themselves playing this will be a dream come true. For me though I really don't get why I should be excited.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:37 pm

I don't know what Microsoft has in store, but I feel like they've mismanaged their brand and the more it evolves into a general media device, the less interesting it becomes. I just don't think they care about gaming enough to focus on it. Sony made it clear that they want to fix the developer issues and consumer complaints from the PS3, and I'm hoping they do.

There's a lot of stuff that can improve abou games besides the graphical fidelity. The load times in skyrim are terrible and constant on the 360; imagine if it only loaded once at the beginning and you could pass through every door unfettered. Imagine there's no slowdown or graphical tearing during explosions and quick movements. Imagine textures that don't look like total crap under scrutiny. Games are hardly perfect. These things probably won't disappear immediately, but what if they did?

Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by never Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:33 pm

The PS 3 is running on 8 year old hardware. Games are going to look way better on a modern machine.
never
never
Bicurous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah, the upgrade is due.

What do we want to bet on pricing? I'm going to say $399/$499 for two packages with practically no difference except hard drive space.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm

The share button is interesting, because when something crazy happens you can pull the footage right away. I would almost never use it, but for the one time when something hilarious does happen and I want to share it, it's an amazing convenience. It will also benefit developers to have a flood of footage from their games all over the Internet, as a sort of user promotion tool.

There is also the benefit to independent or low budget game reviewers who want to show off parts of the games they review without just using asset packs.

I think I heard someone say you could share your spot in a game with your friends and they could pick it up from there and help you get through it.

In any event, they seem to be the gaming community focused ones this time.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:37 pm

I still have a list of PS3 games I want to check out at some point:
Hitman HD trilogy- Only played 1 level of a ps2 hitman game once and it was awesome so I want to check this out.
God of War- Seems like it could be fun
GTA V- Will buy that as soon as it's released
The new Tomb Raider looks fun as hell
For PC I want to pick up Starcraft 2 and try playing through the crysis games.

Attempting that list should probably take me a few years so I won't need a PS4 for a long time.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:04 pm

It works out that I don't currently own a Ps3, because having an Xbox 360 and Ps4 doesn't seem redundant.

I imagine there will still be a few great games to come on the current consoles, but I'm an early adopter when it comes to videogames. I would be if I had enough money anyway.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:26 am

i hope there wont be any hardware issues like the rrod. hardware assembling has advanced since then and i dont see sony or microsoft in a race to be the first ones out.....

like you im sold on the ps4 g, but id want to see what the xbox 720 has to offer
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:23 pm

I can't imagine Microsoft would let that happen again, considering what a huge deal it was. Sony has never had a problem with faulty hardware, unless you count dead pixels on the psp. I think they're going to be big boxes this time. I think they'll use desktop parts instead of laptop to save money, and keep it big to reduce heat. It can get smaller over the years.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 am

sounds good to me.

Dont care what it looks like, my first gen is huge as shit.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:24 pm

I care, but it would have to look crazy for me to care enough for that to be a factor.

The bigger issue for me is that I need to upgrade my television and my eyeglass prescription or its still going to look like blurry shit.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 pm

need to purchase a second tv or a larger computer monitor as i'm most likely keeping my ps3 when the 4 comes out.

what kind of tv are you looking to get?
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:49 pm

If I buy Panasonic, it can interact with my bluray player / media hub. At the very least, I could use one remote for both. I'll probably just look for the best deal on a 50" set.

I have until late November at the earliest to figure it out.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 pm

50"!!! You are about to become a man! Congrats.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:55 pm

We have to see if I can save money first. I have a bad habit of impulse buying things that are under $30 until I'm broke.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:32 am

When I went to pick up my 55, I was ready to drop the entire 1600 at once. After a quick credit check I decided to take advantage of best buys one year/no interest bullshit.

Paid half the first month and then making the minimal.

Maybe look into that?
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:37 pm

That could be viable. I'd need to know what my credit looks like though.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:03 am

Credit karma is a no-bullshit site. I use it, and they don't want anything from me.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Ghost Turd
Type: Military
Shields:

https://deftones.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Then what do they get?
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Well I just checked with them to find an answer to your question. They get to offer me credit card deals from various capitol one type assholes, and they offer premium services that you have to pay for, some kind of extremely in-depth credit profile.

Right now it just shows my scores and alerts me any time something changes, like in the case of hard-inquiry, such as applying for major credit.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:29 am

freecreditreport.com

14 day trial. cancel within that period.

knowing his score isn't going to help him one bit if he's barely starting out.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 am

Vezmus wrote:Credit karma is a no-bullshit site. I use it, and they don't want anything from me.
We're looking to buy a car so I used Credit Karma a few days ago. I'm hesitant to believe what it says though. I was at 441 last September according to the report stupid Care Credit ran. But Credit Karma says I'm at 718 already. Maybe finally making a couple payments on my student loan helped or one or both of those is terribly wrong. My credit should still be shit.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:49 am

I hate the financial world with a passion. I am painfully allergic to bureaucracy.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 am

So, my credit rating is poor. I just need to pay off more things and let more time pass and it will get better though.

My auto insurability is fucking through the roof though.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down