THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: THE MOVIE TOPIC TO END ALL OTHER MOVIE TOPICS

Post by Soylent Brown on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Hahah I cringe every time! I tried giving those Paranormal Activity movies a chance a few years ago and I just can't like them. I thought Troll Hunter was ok, though maybe because the idea of it being real was ridiculous. Same with Cloverfield, I really enjoyed that one. I'm very picky with ghost and obsessional/exorcism movies too.

Did you watch V/H/S? That one was alright.
I had no idea End of Watch was found footage either. I'd be willing to give that one a shot because it's not in the usual genre.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:56 pm

winterborne1 wrote:Put your tongue on the screen, I'll meet you the rest of the way.

I take it back! 20 minutes into the movie the audio went out and the screen told me to go to some website. It was totally uncool.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:47 am

Snoogans wrote:
winterborne1 wrote:Put your tongue on the screen, I'll meet you the rest of the way.

I take it back! 20 minutes into the movie the audio went out and the screen told me to go to some website. It was totally uncool.

Ah, is it Cinavia-protected? Bummer. Are you trying to watch it on a PS3? It works fine for me, but I'm watching on an Apple TV which doesn't run into that problem.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:01 am

Soylent Brown wrote:Hahah I cringe every time! I tried giving those Paranormal Activity movies a chance a few years ago and I just can't like them. I thought Troll Hunter was ok, though maybe because the idea of it being real was ridiculous. Same with Cloverfield, I really enjoyed that one. I'm very picky with ghost and obsessional/exorcism movies too.

Did you watch V/H/S? That one was alright.
I had no idea End of Watch was found footage either. I'd be willing to give that one a shot because it's not in the usual genre.

God, I hated Cloverfield. That was my least favorite movie that year, and one of my least favorites of all time. I watched it in the theaters with my mom and after the movie, we were both extremely dizzy and my mom threw up. The guy holding the camera throughout the movie was horribly drunk, and they were intentionally doing things to nauseate the crowd (i.e. the part where he drops the camera at the end, and the camera keeps shifting focus in and out of a flower or a blade of grass or something, made me so angry). I literally had to look elsewhere, away from the screen for significant portions of the movie, just to get through it without throwing up.

Never saw Troll Hunter and I never saw V/H/S.

Paranormal Activity movies are hilarious. I can't take them even the least bit seriously, and the "scary" parts are all outshined by the "morning after" scenes where they're like "Wow, uhh what the fuck happened last night?" Every time some crazy shit happens at night in those movies, all I'm thinking about is how they're gonna react to it the next morning.

99% of the time, found footage movies aren't worth giving up my ass lint to go see. End of Watch was great, though.

Last edited by winterborne1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:02 am

Yeah, I burnt it and went to watch it on my friends PS3. Looper is the only movie that has ever given me such problems. In the end, my friend just paid to rent it.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 am

Snoogans wrote:Yeah, I burnt it and went to watch it on my friends PS3. Looper is the only movie that has ever given me such problems. In the end, my friend just paid to rent it.

Yeah, fuck that Cinavia bullshit. I hear there's a way to fix that on the PS3 so you don't run into it anymore, but I don't know what it is.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 am

winterborne1 wrote:
God, I hated Cloverfield. That was my least favorite movie that year, and one of my least favorites of all time. I watched it in the theaters with my mom and after the movie, we were both extremely dizzy and my mom threw up. The guy holding the camera throughout the movie was horribly drunk, and they were intentionally doing things to nauseate the crowd (i.e. the part where he drops the camera at the end, and the camera keeps shifting focus in and out of a flower or a blade of grass or something, made me so angry). I literally had to look elsewhere, away from the screen for significant portions of the movie, just to get through it without throwing up.

Never saw Troll Hunter and I never saw V/H/S.

Paranormal Activity movies are hilarious. I can't take them even the least bit seriously, and the "scary" parts are all outshined by the "morning after" scenes where they're like "Wow, uhh what the fuck happened last night?" Every time some crazy shit happens at night in those movies, all I'm thinking about is how they're gonna react to it the next morning.

99% of the time, found footage movies aren't worth giving up my ass lint to go see. End of Watch was great, though.
Cloverfield was surprising in that most of the movie I completely forgot about the shaky cam, except for that very ending shot. That's when I remembered and wondered how the fuck I watched it and if it was that bad the entire time. I like monster and creature movies so maybe that's what caused me to forget and not pay attention.

Neither Troll Hunter or V/H/S are really worth going out of your way for. Troll Hunter was entertaining and V/H/S was ok. One of two of the stories were good but could have been better and the rest just sucked. I like anthologies so I gave it a shot. I was hoping it'd be the next Trick r' Treat or Creepshow. Nope.

haha have you seen the trailer for the new Wayans' movie? It looks terrible! I was for it for the first minute of the video linked in This article but maaaan it goes downhill real fast.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Those spoof movies are kind of a cheap guilty pleasure for me. I don't know why. I should hate the hell out of them, but I usually end up getting a lot of cheap laughs from them, so I keep watching them. I wouldn't pay to see them in the theaters though, especially when there are so many other good movies out.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Haha are you going to watch this one?

I gave Scary Movie a try but I just couldn't sit through it. This was years ago, though. They just package everything I hate in a movie in one two hour slot. Fuck that. I STILL don't like it even when I'm supposed to laugh at it. It's cheap when it's unironically added into a movie and it's still cheap when it's ironically included. I've thought about giving it another try because Chad enjoys them but I'm just way more picky/hateful than he is.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:48 pm

I'll probably download it when it becomes available. Something about their really corny, stupid acting really appeals to me. Plus I love seeing black people react to white people problems.

Also, my favorite female actress is Anna Faris, and I'll pretty much watch anything she's in. I feel like she puts a lot more into her comedic acting than people like Tina Fey, etc.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:33 pm

House At The End Of The Street wasn't as bad as people said. Sure, it's not some great movie but it's about a 7 out of 10. For guys it's probably an 8 just because Jennifer Lawrence has nice boobs in white shirts.

Pitch Perfect was fucking adorable, I don't even care! Rebel Wilson is a spectacular human being.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Texas Chainsaw 3D was ok for a slasher movie. It paid no homage to TCSM and followed all the usual stupid slasher tropes. There were some pretty good kills and awesome gore. If I try really hard to forget it's supposed to be at all related to TCSM then it's ok. At the end there was a glaring loose end, sequel probably. bleh.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:54 pm

zero dark thirty was really good... i think i prefer the hurt locker more because hl was sometimes unbearably intense. this was more a of a procedural and light character study. chastaine was good but kind of cliche. jason clarke played a cool character. i had no idea mark duplass was in this.

id say given the movies this year, this is zero dark thirty's to lose best picture.
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:58 pm

id be happy with django unchained or 0dark30.. but django is too polarizing to win. i had more fun with tarantino though
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:59 pm

edit: not that zero was supposed to be fun... just that sometimes you have to go with whats fun rather than whats more by the book.
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:56 am

Snoogans wrote:House At The End Of The Street wasn't as bad as people said. Sure, it's not some great movie but it's about a 7 out of 10. For guys it's probably an 8 just because Jennifer Lawrence has nice boobs in white shirts.

Pitch Perfect was fucking adorable, I don't even care! Rebel Wilson is a spectacular human being.

Gotta agree on pitch perfect. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie.

Great pacing, songs, and wonderful newcomers.
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:11 am

and who the fuck said bridesmaids was a good movie!

what a god damn waste..
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Bigelow got the shaft for director. Shame. My new pick for best picture is either beasts of the southern wild or armour...

Beasts just came in the mail today
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:29 pm

So i watched all of beasts of the southern wild. It was very different. Enjoyed it...

Watched killer joe, i liked that too

Now i moved on to killing them softly- holbrook represent! My stomping grounds. Weird to see a movie set in and around boston actually filmed in new orleans
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Getting ready to watch The Bourne Legacy... currently downloading the Silver Linings Playbook and Cloud Atlas
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 pm

So i heard the sequel to vhs... S-vhs... Is scary as fuck. It premiered at sundance. Looking forward to this. What did u guys think about the first vhs?
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 pm

I thought it was "okay". There were two stories that I really enjoyed but then they just blew after that. The stories were either predictable or just dumb and the acting took a huge dive. It's probably worth watching if you're a horror or anthology fan.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:24 pm

I enjoyed the first story with the glasses and the strange girl, who by the way was awesome.... I liked the haunted house story because i found it funny. The lesbian arizona story was boring but the ending intrigued me.
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Id like to watch movies with you ale, i respect your opinions and you seem to give anything a try.
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Those are the two that I liked!

That's very nice, Mike! I wish I had more people to watch movies with.

I watched Zero Dark Thirty a few days ago and really enjoyed it. I think that the movie is, if not pro-torture, it does not condemn it. Which I find incredibly problematic. I loved the main role. Usually a strong-female role will lack any and all emotions making her akin to a man. I loved that she was incredibly emotional and that it actually made her better at her job than if she wasn't. My main problem with her role is that she is de-sexed, which is again something that strong female roles tend to be.

We're going to watch The House I Live In tomorrow. There will be a Q&A/discussion afterward too! I'm very excited to see this one.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:11 pm

im prepared for the epic lens flares from the two suns of tatooine.

#jj abrams #episode7 #waitingformygoodfriendwhohatesabramstocommitsuicide
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 pm

The House I Live In was a very comprehensive documentary. Michelle Alexander (<3) is one of the people in it. It's targeted to a general audience with no or minimal knowledge about the prison industrial complex and systematic and institutionalized racism. My only complaint is that it does not provide potential solutions or alternative ideologies. It could have easily offered education (it partly does), affirmative action, enfranchisement of the prison population, and provided information on relevant orgs. It makes you want to mobilize but doesn't really point you in any direction, which I guess doesn't have to be a bad thing.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:29 am

The Last Stand was ridiculously entertaining. The Dialogue throughout and especially in the first 45 mins or so was comparable to The Room. The action scenes (disregarding the first terrible CGI kill) were great! The squib stuff looked awesome and it was fantastically over the top on many instances. I love how light heartedly badass Schwarzenegger's character is. It had intentionally funny moments and hilariously unintentionally funny ones too. The bad guys were terribly cheesy. The car chase scenes weren't bad and even the one-on-one action was alright.

I really hope this one picks up steam when it goes to DVD because it's definitely a bring-friends-over-and-watch-shit-blow-up kind of movie.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:32 am

This looks awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s_bzZh2JoQg
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:45 am

Soylent Brown wrote:The Last Stand was ridiculously entertaining. The Dialogue throughout and especially in the first 45 mins or so was comparable to The Room. The action scenes (disregarding the first terrible CGI kill) were great! The squib stuff looked awesome and it was fantastically over the top on many instances. I love how light heartedly badass Schwarzenegger's character is. It had intentionally funny moments and hilariously unintentionally funny ones too. The bad guys were terribly cheesy. The car chase scenes weren't bad and even the one-on-one action was alright.

I really hope this one picks up steam when it goes to DVD because it's definitely a bring-friends-over-and-watch-shit-blow-up kind of movie.

Thanks for that review. I was going to ignore this movie. Looked like crap.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:32 am

I just watched The Road, the Filipino movie and not the Viggo Mortensen one, and holy crap was that a terrible horror movie. Not even a good terrible horror movie, if you know what I mean. I dunno if I wanna blame the writer, director, or the editor, but one of them, if not a combination of them, just did not get the point of their movie across. It's weird cause I called the twist early in act 2, but there were many other things that just weren't making any sense at all. I had to look it up on Wikipedia, and while it explained one thing to me, there was more that it didn't explain.

For some reason all that watching this crappy movie did for me was make me want to watch Martyrs again.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:36 am

Oh, and when it comes to trailer for movies that haven't come out yet, this is at the top of my list. It's by the same guy who made Rubber.

http://youtu.be/IJMEEiz6jhw
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:36 am

Robo-Pussy wrote:
Thanks for that review. I was going to ignore this movie. Looked like crap.
Oh don't get me wrong, it's not a good movie but I had a great time. It's very cheesy.
Snoogans wrote:I just watched The Road, the Filipino movie and not the Viggo Mortensen one, and holy crap was that a terrible horror movie. Not even a good terrible horror movie, if you know what I mean. I dunno if I wanna blame the writer, director, or the editor, but one of them, if not a combination of them, just did not get the point of their movie across. It's weird cause I called the twist early in act 2, but there were many other things that just weren't making any sense at all. I had to look it up on Wikipedia, and while it explained one thing to me, there was more that it didn't explain.

For some reason all that watching this crappy movie did for me was make me want to watch Martyrs again.
oh my god this one is so dull. I had a hard time watching it.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by never on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:25 am

I haven't seen any movies lately, but my girlfriend and I have been totally addicted to that Canadian TV Show Lost Girl.

It's kind of like Buffy the Vampire slayer, if Buffy had hotter chicks and partial nudity in every episode. We've watched a season and a half and so far it's been great. It's about a hot chick (she's a succubus) who fights supernatural bad guys.
never
Bicurous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Amour. What an amazing movie. It's definitely depressing, sad, and depressingly happy. The acting in this movie is fantastic and I loved that most of it takes place in their home. Their relationship is precious which only makes the whole situation so much more heartbreaking.
It's a "slow" movie but so good the entire way through.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 am

Bullet to the Head is terrible. Holy shit. It's seriously incompetent. It looks, acts, and is shot like a cheap made for tv movie or two hour episode of NCIS. Goddamn. I can understand why this one is bombing and it should.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

These are the films I've watched recently:

Cobra
Sleepaway Camp
Speed 2
Batman & Robin
The Room
Birdemic
Wild Wild West
Abduction
Leprechaun in the Hood
The Wicker Man
Gigli
Season of the Witch

All in combination with the "How Did This Get made?" podcasts. It's a fun way to watch terrible movies.
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:55 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/simon-killer-trailer/

finally a trailer to this movie. heard good things last year from sundance. im a fan of corbet since funny games. i hope ill like this movie.
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 am

Warm Bodies sucks. Oh god what a terrible movie with a terrible protagonist. He's a piece of shit. There's probably nothing redeemable about this one.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:17 am

Side Effects was an alright movie. The first 2/3rds of it were the best, after that I kind of lost interest in the protagonist and their plight. It's worth watching if you're interested in it.

As far as my always critical stuff (DO NOT READ THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVE ANY INTENTIONS OF WATCHING THIS MOVIE):
Spoiler:

Those damn women. How dare those successful women manipulate people and try to ruin the reputation of an honest family man. And they were lesbians, closeted lesbians to boot. Lol, every MRA's wet dream.

The movie really did not portray mental health services providers in a good light at all. While I know that overall big pharma's probably the baddy, the antagonists were in the medical field/manipulated by the medical field, which is not entirely like the insider trading thing was approached.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:24 am

never wrote:I haven't seen any movies lately, but my girlfriend and I have been totally addicted to that Canadian TV Show Lost Girl.

It's kind of like Buffy the Vampire slayer, if Buffy had hotter chicks and partial nudity in every episode. We've watched a season and a half and so far it's been great. It's about a hot chick (she's a succubus) who fights supernatural bad guys.

I've been watching it the last few days, after you recommended it to me on FB. I really like it, cheesiness and all. Took me a few episodes to realize Kenzie was in Black Swan.

Movie wise I watched Sinister recently, it was ok, I think I expected to much from it.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:38 am

been watching house of cards. i love it
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:38 am

house of cards is the seedy twin of the west wing in a way
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:45 am

House of Cards is the shiiiiiiiiit! Kevin Spacey is a fucking genius.

I recently got addicted to Banshee as well. Probably my favorite new show, Lucas Hood is the man.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:20 am

Antiviral was an interesting movie. Odder than I expected but enjoyable.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:04 pm

breezing through the second season of The Walking Dead, trying to catch up. Another name for the series would be "Zombies! And people who find themselves in stupid situations."
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm

I enjoyed the new Die Hard and am really surprised that it's been getting as much shit as it has. It's fine and MUCH better than Bullet to the Head. Were it not part of the Die Hard franchise I'm sure it would be getting way better reviews.

It really seems like every time a sequel (or prequel) is announced everyone's expectations are so damn high to start off. They should be LOW because they're hardly ever better or very close to the original.

If you watch this movie watch it as a stand alone action movie. Afterall, non-martial-arts action movies tend to not be fucking great anyway.

The last couple of minutes suck balls and are too goofy. There's also the unresolved "where the fuck did everyone else go?" question. The phrase "I'm on vacation" was said way too often. I never bought him being on vacation anyway. Is this supposed to be his new catchphrase?
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:26 pm

I watched this movie yesterday:

I am surprised by how much I enjoyed the fuck out of this movie, despite Pat being an increasingly unlikable character. I really like this. WHY.

It has a 0% and 24% on Rotten Tomatoes and 2.5 out of 10 on IMDB.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by never on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:50 pm

I dug the new Diehard. It was one long action scene. And that car chase that was basically the first 30 minutes of the movie was awesome!

never
Bicurous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 pm

I thought the chase scene was weak. it was shot and edited really sloppily, but it did ramp up the tone nicely.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content