Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the proper way to receive a compliment?

5 posters

Go down

What is the proper way to receive a compliment? Empty What is the proper way to receive a compliment?

Post by Vezmus Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:43 am

I never figured this one out. So far it feels like I have tried everything. A simple 'thank you' seems fine but the inflection/delivery has to be spot-on and seem natural. Saying thank you is basically the same as saying "you're right" which in my mind is severely self appreciating therefore vain and wrong.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Ghost Turd
Type: Military
Shields:
What is the proper way to receive a compliment? Left_bar_bleue100/100What is the proper way to receive a compliment? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://deftones.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

What is the proper way to receive a compliment? Empty Re: What is the proper way to receive a compliment?

Post by winterborne1 Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 pm

I don't go for natural. I say "Thank you.", but I say it like Garth Algar.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:
What is the proper way to receive a compliment? Left_bar_bleue100/100What is the proper way to receive a compliment? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

What is the proper way to receive a compliment? Empty Re: What is the proper way to receive a compliment?

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Whichever way feels right at the time. If they don't like the way you received it well that's too bad, although it can feel bad. I've refused to accept compliments before because I felt the intent behind them was wrong or because I simply just didn't like it.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:03 am

you some sort of sociopath?

Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Type: Mercenary
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:31 am

Yes.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 am

It depends.

If you're receiving a compliment from a guy, just say "thanks, what are you doing later, we should get together." and then you date for a few weeks and blow him. after that, it's your call.

if it's a girl, you say "thanks, but you're way better in all aspects, what are you doing later, we could get together and talk more." and then you date for a few weeks and get blown. after that, its your call.

in short: with guys just say thank you casually, because guys don't care. with girls, return the compliment, or give them a different compliment, because they're emotionally fragile and rely on men for their self worth.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 am

Garrett, I want to smack the fuck out of you.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:Garrett, I want to fuck the smack out of you.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:Garrett, I want to smack the fuck out of you.

seemed like an accurate assessment to me!
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:59 pm

You're next, Jesse!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 am

yes, foreplay!
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 am

Weirdos
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:43 am

I can see Garrett having success in the field of psychology.

Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm being facetious, but seriously, it'll work if that's your thing.

Everyone just wants to be liked; that's the easiest thing to exploit.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum