Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again.

4 posters

Go down

Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again. Empty Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again.

Post by Garrett Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:19 pm

I was planning to use the paycheck I received today to do last minute amazon shopping, because they list 4pm today as the last chance to order and get by the 24th. What they didn't spell out was that not every item qualifies and that none of the things I want to order will get to me before the 25th.

I spent about 4 hours using their frustratingly slow website only to have to walk away empty handed. And now I'm going to say fuck it and play videogames instead. fuck shopping holidays.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again. Left_bar_bleue100/100Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again. Empty Re: Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again.

Post by Garrett Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:52 pm

I did just get Dark Souls in the mail though, which I ordered from amazon on monday.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:
Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again. Left_bar_bleue100/100Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again. Empty Re: Well, I fucked christmas shopping up again.

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Can you purchase any of the stuff you want in person for a similar price? What were you going to get?

Neither Chad or I really celebrate christmas so we're not getting each other present. It really makes it easy and stress-less. I did participate in a few secret santas in other forums so that kind of sucked but I got it out of the way a while ago. The only thing nagging at me right now is planning when we're going to celebrate our three-year anniversary.
Maybe we should have done a secret santa here. That could have been fun.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 am

I can, I just don't have a car and it's been pouring rain.

Jessica is at a funeral until tomorrow night and my sister's car is in the shop, so that severely limits how far I can travel. That, combined with the general shittiness of being in a store last minute christmas shopping really puts me off it.

I bought some gift cards for the people I don't care much about, and it looks like I might just buy some crap from Ross before work. I was just going to get some dvds, a book, a music recording accessory and legos. I didn't know what to get people to begin with, but the quality of the stuff they'll get has gone down now.

I'd be happy not to celebrate, but I'm making an effort to spend holidays with my siblings, and I know they're getting me things.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:13 am

I'm not excited about getting things, I'm excited that my next payment to one of my student loans will be my last.

debt is slavery.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Are there any malls closeby or a decent bus route? That last one's a lifesaver. What you're looking for seems like it'd be easy to come across in a mall or shopping center, thankfully.

Nice, congratulations! How many years did it take you to pay those off and how much was it? My loans will begin to accrue interest next month, or this last month. I'm not sure but paying the minimum I'm looking at ten years.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

it went into repayment 6 months after I graduated, so at the end of 2009.

Sadly this loan was only $1500, while my federal loan is still at about $12,000. I've also paid off about $4000 on my credit cards.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 pm

yikes, paying off any loan is so damn difficult. I'm $50 away from paying off the dental work I had done several months ago. $4000 paid off is great too! I'm pretty thankful sometimes that I've yet to get a credit card because then I have less debt, but other times it' just so difficult to get by.
Chad's car died again today but restarted after an hour. We need to get him another car. I think that if we live off of homemade rice dishes we may be able to afford a monthly payment for a used car. Maybe. I'm not too sure where else to cut except our food.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:31 am

I really haven't made good money since I graduated. As a cashier I would get a lot of hours during the holidays, but otherwise I was looking at 15 to 20 hours normally. When I switched to sales floor it was even less. I'm really excited about the prospect of working a lot now in loss prevention.

I don't have any good advice. What I did was to date someone in a higher social class who could pay for everything for me until I found an opportunity. It's like prostitution, except I actually like her.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:34 am

I'm not recommending prostitution, but you know, do it smart.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Haha when I started dating Chad I dated down, now we're both at about the lowly place. This advice came too late!! I'm doing a lot worse financially after university than I was before it, career and income wise.
With his car having likely gone to the shitter we're looking at moving to not-Oakland. cost of living is too similar so we wouldn't really be saving money. This is pretty stressful. We're debating whether we'll move just a few miles off or move across the 17hwy. 17 hwy would be better but we'd have to start over again and that sucked balls.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:19 am

What are your ideal jobs?

I haven't gone back to school or looked elsewhere for employment because i've become complacent.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:25 am

I honestly don't have an ideal job. I don't think I could be completely happy or satisfied in any position.

Last edited by Soylent Brown on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by GOB Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:46 am

Hire a magician for your Christmas festivities. It's the ultimate "I love you" gift.
GOB
GOB
Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:24 am

GOB wrote:Hire a magician for your Christmas festivities. It's the ultimate "I love you" gift.

Only if you bring Franklin.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down