The Hair Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hair Topic

Post by NOT MONGO on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 am

i sometime sport a fade with about a number 5-7 clip for the top hairs length, which i just throw some gel on and make it messy...

lately ive been slicking it and sorta parting it to the side, ala SS haircut:





question (and i think jeff has the answer to this): whats good hair product to buy? i have a really dry scalp and id like something to moisturize it that lasts long. whats some good advice on taking care of hair?
avatar
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Posts : 851
Join date : 2011-03-21
Age : 32
Location : Brockton, MA

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by Soylent Brown on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 am

I have a question probably better suited for the dudes - what deoderant type do you use?

I very rarely shave my underarms for aesthetic reasons (no, seriously) and can't wear most ladies deodorants because they tend to be invisible solids which leave white bits behind. I've been using Chad's clear stick and I have a ladies' gel deodorant that feel gross.

I can't find clear sticks for ladies but those seem to work the best so my question is, are there clear stick deodorants that don't smell so much like dude products?
avatar
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Posts : 1540
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 29
Location : Santa Claus

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by NOT MONGO on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:50 am

Soylent Brown wrote:
I very rarely shave my underarms for aesthetic reasons (no, seriously)

avatar
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Posts : 851
Join date : 2011-03-21
Age : 32
Location : Brockton, MA

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by winterborne1 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 pm

NOT MONGO wrote:
question (and i think jeff has the answer to this): whats good hair product to buy? i have a really dry scalp and id like something to moisturize it that lasts long. whats some good advice on taking care of hair?

haha im no hair professional. shit im just trying to keep my hairs on my head as long as i can these days. for the record i pretty much just use american crew shampoo and conditioner... and i guess youre not supposed to wash your hair everyday.... well i do. because i care about feeling clean more than having good hair i guess. ill admit i do some wacky shit to it sometimes though. if im going to some event or party where people are trying to look interesting, i might use a straightening iron and throw a very small amount of this "craft clay" (by a company called Sebastian) stuff on there to make it look all twacked out. the hairstylist that i go to gave it to me for free a couple years ago and i still have plenty of it left. i told her i wanted something that would make my hair all fucked up crazy but not shiny, because i prefer the dry look (kinda like this: http://www.meyrose.de/wp-content/uploads/Sebastian_Craft-Clay_Pixie_Styling_Hinterkopf_Meyrose.jpg ). thats what she gave me and i do like it.

so thats what i do. i have absolutely no clue how to take care of someone elses hair.
avatar
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Posts : 477
Join date : 2011-03-13

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by Garrett on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 pm

My conditioner is what makes my hair soft and smooth. It's Finesse.
avatar
Garrett
What For?

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-03-09

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:59 am

NOT MONGO wrote:
Soylent Brown wrote:
I very rarely shave my underarms for aesthetic reasons (no, seriously)

DR STEVE BRULE!
avatar
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Posts : 1540
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 29
Location : Santa Claus

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by Jesse on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:43 am

NOT MONGO wrote:i sometime sport a fade with about a number 5-7 clip for the top hairs length, which i just throw some gel on and make it messy...

lately ive been slicking it and sorta parting it to the side, ala SS haircut:





question (and i think jeff has the answer to this): whats good hair product to buy? i have a really dry scalp and id like something to moisturize it that lasts long. whats some good advice on taking care of hair?

Try water based pomades such as bona-fide or sauvecito. Comes off pretty easily.
avatar
Jesse
Bill Murray

Posts : 285
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 32
Location : Los Angeles

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by Jesse on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:52 am

Soylent Brown wrote:I have a question probably better suited for the dudes - what deoderant type do you use?

I very rarely shave my underarms for aesthetic reasons (no, seriously) and can't wear most ladies deodorants because they tend to be invisible solids which leave white bits behind. I've been using Chad's clear stick and I have a ladies' gel deodorant that feel gross.

I can't find clear sticks for ladies but those seem to work the best so my question is, are there clear stick deodorants that don't smell so much like dude products?

Dove for men has one clear stick that's a pain in the ass to find. Drys quickly and faint fresh scent. Nothing overbearing.
avatar
Jesse
Bill Murray

Posts : 285
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 32
Location : Los Angeles

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 am

thanks! I'll be on the lookout for that one!
avatar
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Posts : 1540
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 29
Location : Santa Claus

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hair Topic

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum