Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

talking

+6
Garrett
Robo-Pussy
winterborne1
Snoogans
Soylent Brown
uhoh
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

talking - Page 2 Empty Re: talking

Post by Garrett Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Alcohol has a lower learning curve.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
talking - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100talking - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:This is incredibly helpful!

Jeff, you mentioned being able to remember afterward, but has your memory been negatively impacted? Brandy, any input you can offer is very welcomed!
I'm not sure I could understand but I am basing that assumption off of one high. I don't imagine it will always be the same it kind of disappointed me.

My long term memory is fine when stoned, but sometimes I go all Memento with the short term memory, forgetting what I'm talking about mid sentence. But, based on my long term use I do feel like my motor skills are a bit off at times. I mean, I'm not falling down flights of stairs or anything, but I think I bump into things more or ignore my depth perception.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:
talking - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100talking - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
$101.00 is RIDICULOUS! I wonder if that's your only option in Santa Cruz. In LA, it's 30-40 dollars and if you spend any more than that here, you're a damned fool.

Also, in LA, you are usually offered the doctor's rec, as well as a physical card for an extra fee (usually between 10-25 dollars). It's never a good idea to pay the extra money for the card because you will NEVER use it. Dispensaries around here want to see the doctor's rec to register you, and then after that point, all you need is your drivers' licence.
I KNOW. I can't easily afford what they're asking for here so I'll probably have to tough it out or go the down-low way. goddammit, I don't like the thought of that.
Snoogans wrote:
My long term memory is fine when stoned, but sometimes I go all Memento with the short term memory, forgetting what I'm talking about mid sentence. But, based on my long term use I do feel like my motor skills are a bit off at times. I mean, I'm not falling down flights of stairs or anything, but I think I bump into things more or ignore my depth perception.
That's not terrible.
If this works for me I don't plan on using incredibly often, so I guess I'm not terribly worried now. Thanks!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 am

So I tried smoking.
I took one hit and twenty minutes later didnt feel it so I took a second. It's been about fifteen and I feel don't feel high as much as I do pleasantly. The party I was at was busted by cops so I'll be able to wait it out at home in case it kicks in later?
I had a beer and a half before I started, which I know was probably not a good idea.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:15 am

That's a bummer. it could have been a soft strain, or you just didn't get enough of it. I smoked the first couple of times without feeling it, and I still don't know why.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:27 am

well, from stories I've heard it doesn't seem uncommon to not get high the first time you smoke, I think.
The first one I took smelled really good, the second smelled kind of dirty so I'm pretty sure that one wasn't good.

I think I did pretty well. I didn't cough. yay
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:51 pm

What surprises me was that you were attempting to get high at a party. I would try to work up to that, instead. If you would have gotten a poor quality high, with all the paranoia included, it could have been a nightmarish evening for you.

I didn't get high the first time I smoked, and I took my first hit off a gravity bong (which is a very potent way of getting high, if you didn't know already). I did get cottonmouth from it though, and was just like, "Man, this just sucks."

A common rookie mistake is to take a hit into your mouth rather than into your lungs. Very difficult to get high that way. Instead, open up the passages and inhale all the way in, BUT BE CAREFUL, if you breathe in too deep and hard, and your lungs are new to smoking, you'll end up coughing uncontrollably and you'll feel a very severe sore throat, and soreness in the lungs as well. This is because you just took in a lot of really hot air, and it scalded your throat and lungs. It's not something to be worried about, the damage isn't permanent, but it could provide for a rough first experience. So take your hit deeply, but take it easy with it too. Limit the amount of intake when you're new. Just a quick, deep hit to start with. If you're smoking out of a pipe, don't keep the lighter going longer than necessary. Just spark the weed until its glowing a little and withdraw the lighter. Keeping the lighter going will make the smoke too hot for your n00b lungs and throat.

That said, if you're just starting, I would recommend a joint or a blunt instead. Much more newcomer friendly. A vaporizer would be even better.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:05 pm

one time i took the biggest rip from a blunt and passed out, fell backwards onto the floor. wasnt a good idea. no fucks were given.
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:47 pm

The party I was at was across the street, and we came to my place to smoke (I have the smoke detectors disabled), so I would have been at home if/when it kicked in and I was among very good company who walked me through it.

I breathed into my lungs very very slowly. The second time I felt a small itch in the back of my throat but nothing much else. I totally did consider the environment I was at, but like I said the people I was with, the mood I was in, and that my place was literally across the street from the farthest I'd be led me to take that decision.

Thanks for that! I didn't know that part about the lighter or why the coughing actually happened. It sounds a bit frightening, actually!
Hardly anyone here has blunts and I'm not sure I've seen anyone use a vaporizer before.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 pm

I love blunts. They smell fantastic, they last longer, they hit great, and they make you feel like a back alley thug.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:54 pm

I love blunts, but still cannot roll one. There was almost always someone else around to roll them that I never had to learn.

I didn't get high until the third time I smoked weed. I smoked 2 1/2 blunts with these guys in a punk rock band, then fell asleep while they were practicing. Smoking it is probably the best way to gauge how you feel about/react to marijuana. While it's not super instant, it's not like when you ate it and it takes awhile to kick in. You should start to feel the effects after a couple of hits. So if you take one hit and don't feel anything 15 minutes later, you're not going to.

While vaporizers are pretty cool, I don't recommend you going there yet if you're just starting to try smoking it. As you're not used to smoking it, the vaporizer is going to trick you. You'll be looking for a cloud of smoke when you exhale that you're not going to see because you're inhaling vapors. So, this might lead you to believe you're doing it wrong or not taking a big enough hit. That might lead you to smoking more than you need, and like edibles, the high will eventually sneak up on you, so you end up getting higher than you intended.

I suggest rolling a joint and taking maybe 3 or 4 hits out of it, then die it out. See how that goes and then take it from there.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks, Brandy!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:48 pm

I disagree about vaporizers. While it does fool a newcomer who is expecting a cloud of smoke, if the newcomer knows beforehand that there's no smoke, then I don't think it's going to be a problem.

The high usually hits me pretty quickly, like within one minute. It's almost impossible to cough or get a sore throat or anything from a vaporizer, unless you're REALLY overcooking it, and even if you vaporize a LOT, the high is still very pleasant and clean.

I think it's a great way to get high without any worries. It's healthy, it's efficient, it's easy, it's odor-free and clean, the high is great, and the only drawback is that there's no smoke to have fun with.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 am

It's odor free?!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 pm

we just boxed up the vaportower because people were visiting. This conversation is making me want to bust it out again.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:It's odor free?!

For the most part. It's the smoke that everyone smells. Vaporizers don't give off any smoke if you use it correctly. There is a SLIGHT odor, but it's much less strong, and only detectable from a close distance. It's how I was able to bring my vaporizer with me into the movie theater to get high while watching Dredd without anyone noticing. If you're really, really worried about the smell, they also have these little chapstick looking things that you exhale into (after inhaling smoke or vapor), and it deodorizes your breath so it comes out smelling like vanilla or coconut or whatever you want. My vape seems to do just fine without that extra piece, though.

This is my favorite piece of drug paraphernalia in the world.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Take granny smith apples and turn them into apple bongs. I went on a date with a girl who made an apple bong with chop sticks and took hits from it all while driving. It's amazing that im not dead.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:42 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
For the most part. It's the smoke that everyone smells. Vaporizers don't give off any smoke if you use it correctly. There is a SLIGHT odor, but it's much less strong, and only detectable from a close distance. It's how I was able to bring my vaporizer with me into the movie theater to get high while watching Dredd without anyone noticing. If you're really, really worried about the smell, they also have these little chapstick looking things that you exhale into (after inhaling smoke or vapor), and it deodorizes your breath so it comes out smelling like vanilla or coconut or whatever you want. My vape seems to do just fine without that extra piece, though.

I love that this exists! This would probably fit my lifestyle way better. My lifestyle = not smelling like pot.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 am

winterborne1 wrote:
Soylent Brown wrote:It's odor free?!

I want that walnut one!

are they available in smoke shops?
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:13 am

I bought mine at a smoke shop for 89 bucks about a year and a half ago. They didn't have walnut ones at the time, it was only maple. Now that they have walnut, I might look into getting one of those too. My roommate has the cherry one. I didn't realize hers was made of a different wood until just yesterday when I checked the website and now I guess they have three models.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:40 pm

I hadn't seen the link. Those look and sound awesome.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 pm

winterborne1 wrote:I bought mine at a smoke shop for 89 bucks about a year and a half ago. They didn't have walnut ones at the time, it was only maple. Now that they have walnut, I might look into getting one of those too. My roommate has the cherry one. I didn't realize hers was made of a different wood until just yesterday when I checked the website and now I guess they have three models.

I doubt i'd ever use it, but they look awesome.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm

talking - Page 2 Sxlzdy
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Way to ruin this topic!
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:49 pm

I sometimes wonder if I don't have aspergers or some sort of autism. Other times, I'm convinced that everyone I interact with is a moron.

the MFLB looks pretty cool, but I don't like the notion of charging batteries to smoke. I prefer rock, paper, scissors. You just bang the rock against the scissors and that lights the paper.

Ring around the rosy is about butt-chugging wine.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm

The MFLB has a power adapter too, although it's sold separately. I prefer the mobility of using batteries.

I went all out and got one of these mean-ass chargers that keep your NiMH batteries cycled and refreshed so they don't deteriorate and lose their spunk.
https://i.imgur.com/C2gxR.jpg
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:46 pm

ended up at Walmart and saw several people of walmart dot com worthy people this trip. Friend of mine got a pic of one of them. Will post it later.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Craft ID: uhoh and stuff
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by bᴏy Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:24 pm

I can't believe someone spent this much of a thread on trying to talk someone else into smoking weed
bᴏy
bᴏy
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by bᴏy Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Just hit the god damned thing, if it doesn't kill you, you're in good company with literally everyone ever that has smoked marijuana. If it does, the universe was telling you something you should have picked up on far sooner.
bᴏy
bᴏy
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:10 am

wat.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 pm

who is Navid Khodadadi?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Feliz Navidad
Feliz Navidad
Feliz Navidad
Prospero Año y Felicidad.

I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas
From the bottom of my heart.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:59 am

Soylent Brown wrote:who is Navid Khodadadi?

contra from atlanta
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:29 am

ahh thanks
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum