talking

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

talking

Post by uhoh on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:16 pm

redundant?

Hello

I'm stoned, bored and looking up some 4th Edition Dark Sun stuff for a D&D game my buddy's about to run.

Fucking Eagles suck. Way to waste my Sunday and a trip to Phoenix. That stadium's pretty badass.

What the fuck's up with y'all?
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Craft ID: uhoh and stuff
Type: Civilian
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: talking

Post by Soylent Brown on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 am

I ate a pot brownie the other night. I couldn't do shit so I went to sleep and apparently started sleep talking. It was my first time.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 am

I want pot brownies. A friend made them once when I was like 17, but the fucking idiot just broke up weed and put it in the brownie mix. Shit had seeds and stems in them. Fucking waste of both weed and brownies.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 am

Soylent Brown wrote:I ate a pot brownie the other night. I couldn't do shit so I went to sleep and apparently started sleep talking. It was my first time.

did you say anything interesting?

I ate a brownie the other night. I had some pot. not quite the same tho.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 am

Snoogans wrote:I want pot brownies. A friend made them once when I was like 17, but the fucking idiot just broke up weed and put it in the brownie mix. Shit had seeds and stems in them. Fucking waste of both weed and brownies.

Bah that sounds horrible.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:I ate a pot brownie the other night. I couldn't do shit so I went to sleep and apparently started sleep talking. It was my first time.

I ate pot brownies at Disneyland California Adventure and drank a bunch of liquor and had to be carried out of there. I had no vision whatsoever, but the music at the Tron thing was badass. The Tower of Terror was horrifying.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

uhoh wrote:Bah that sounds horrible.

It was. Dude was kind of an idiot anyway, so I should have expected it.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't even smoke weed and even I knew to make pot butter and use that in the brownie mix...

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:45 pm

uhoh wrote:
did you say anything interesting?

I ate a brownie the other night. I had some pot. not quite the same tho.
I said "but I don't want to pee on anyone". Apparently I also did some mumbling.
I couldn't tell the difference between my thoughts and reality.

Is there a difference in its effects between eating and smoking?
The brownie was almost two weeks old. It was crunchy.

winterborne1 wrote:
I ate pot brownies at Disneyland California Adventure and drank a bunch of liquor and had to be carried out of there. I had no vision whatsoever, but the music at the Tron thing was badass. The Tower of Terror was horrifying.
That sounds like a frightening idea!
I thought about it for a while before I decided to do it. Made sure I'd be at home all night and didn't have anything to do the next day. I didn't wake up until 3pm the next afternoon and I went to bed at oneish. Even then I kind of wish I had been alone.
I can totally see why watching a movie would be good during it. I couldn't even play Animal Crossing. That was dumb.
The Tower of Terror is horrifying anyway!
Robo-Pussy wrote:I don't even smoke weed and even I knew to make pot butter and use that in the brownie mix...
Oh. I didn't know that.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:50 pm

I haven't used consumables yet.

my friend said he'd get me some hash though. excited about that.
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:
I kind of wish I had been alone.
Yeah, definitely the best when you're alone or when you're with someone who is used to seeing you high. Being high around new people takes time, just like stage fright.
Soylent Brown wrote:
I can totally see why watching a movie would be good during it.
I when I get that high, I can rarely make it through a whole movie. My favorite shit to do is to watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force, South Park, the 90's X-Men cartoons, or I'll play the 90s Silver Surfer cartoons on mute, while I play NERO's Welcome Reality in the background. Yeah, now you know way too much about me.

Soylent Brown wrote:
The Tower of Terror is horrifying anyway!
Sure is. I could have had a heart attack when I was really high though. It was that terrifying.

winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 pm

I generally love movies and videogames. I smoke weed for the most part because I enjoy them more. Same with food sorta but it depends on the type of food. Junk food, food you'd eat at a barbecue and thanksgiving dinner I pretty much will always smoke before I eat if I have some. I tried quitting smoking but it didn't do much to improve my life besides the little bit of money I spent on it. Now I just try to enhancement smoke whenever I can and when I'm bored.

It's funny the things people say when they sleep talk. My cousin once passed out and loudly said "Unclean and unshaven!". He was reaching out to something too. It was hilarious and like me and 2 other friends got to see/hear it.

A friend got me this chocolate consumable for christmas. 2 Candy Bars. It was a weird buzz and not too strong. Definitely nice feeling buzz tho.

The getting high around new people comment is extremely accurate.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:59 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
Yeah, definitely the best when you're alone or when you're with someone who is used to seeing you high. Being high around new people takes time, just like stage fright.

I when I get that high, I can rarely make it through a whole movie. My favorite shit to do is to watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force, South Park, the 90's X-Men cartoons, or I'll play the 90s Silver Surfer cartoons on mute, while I play NERO's Welcome Reality in the background. Yeah, now you know way too much about me.

Sure is. I could have had a heart attack when I was really high though. It was that terrifying.

Chad has only seen me drunk maybe twice and I'm pretty sure he was drunk too. So I wasn't as comfortable as I could have been. I'm fairly self conscious when I do new things, any things, even videogames, so knowing that he knew it was my first time made me very self conscious. I tried to not talk but when I did I was too aware of how he might be perceiving me. I should have just enjoyed it instead.

Hahaha I like all those on their own though! I think I'd try to keep up or pay too much attention. I think pedantic stuff like the weather channel (not during their tv shows though!) or informercials would be best for me.

Goddamn. How many people were you with and were they high too?
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:
Goddamn. How many people were you with and were they high too?

I was with about 7 or 8 people, and all of us had brownies and other various edibles, as well as blunts, and we were pretty much all extremely stoned in California Adventure. But I was the only one who lost my vision, and that didn't happen until I started drinking. It just reacted with how high I was, and I just lost my ability to do anything but be a blind vegetable.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:Is there a difference in its effects between eating and smoking?

Eating it is supposed to be more potent, something to do with the THC from my understanding. I don't remember what, though I've had this conversation before. My friends brought medicinal chocolate back from a trip to Cali last year. Sadly I didn't get any, but everyone who did said it was intense.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 am

Eating it is much more potent, but really it's for no better reason than because of the extremely high concentration of THC that goes into the recipe. Also, because it takes a half hour to an hour for edibles to kick in, so it's very easy to eat too much while you're impatiently waiting to feel the effects. However, smoking it allows you to pace yourself better since you feel the effects almost immediately, and so you know when to stop. THe downside to that, of course, is that smoke is bad for your lungs. Also, the carcinogens produced from combusting the weed will degrade the quality of your high.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vezmus on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:59 am

After many years of heavy smoking, I had to quit because I became gradually stranger while high, eventually to the point where I can't even be alone. Smoking around people is a horrific nightmare experience where I don't speak except to share the occasional profound autistic epiphany from left field. Picture Rain Man and Willy Wonka mixed. It basically boils down to the fact that I can't trust anyone to be open minded. They are judging me and I know it. Six people are laughing and talking, generally enjoying themselves, gesticulating and telling stories in a generically demonstrative fashion. I sit expressionless....on a wild adventure in my head connecting new synapses. Over the years it's been pounded into my head that I look unhappy in these moments. I'm thoroughly ecstatic however, just not the smiley kind. A brief hush falls over the gang, as natural a silence that can be found in any small group. Just a pause...nothing more. I haven't spoken in 13 minutes. Have I blinked? Yes, surely there have been many blinks. Ocular lubrication is not the stuff of working memory, relax. Breathe. I speak. It's something like "Leaves are god's little solar panels"

awkward
Vezmus
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Ghost Turd
Type: Military
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://deftones.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:56 am

Dude, are you high?
winterborne1 wrote:
I was with about 7 or 8 people, and all of us had brownies and other various edibles, as well as blunts, and we were pretty much all extremely stoned in California Adventure. But I was the only one who lost my vision, and that didn't happen until I started drinking. It just reacted with how high I was, and I just lost my ability to do anything but be a blind vegetable.
I wonder if it was very obvious what was going on to people outside of your group.
Snoogans wrote:

Eating it is supposed to be more potent, something to do with the THC from my understanding. I don't remember what, though I've had this conversation before. My friends brought medicinal chocolate back from a trip to Cali last year. Sadly I didn't get any, but everyone who did said it was intense.
winterborne1 wrote:Eating it is much more potent, but really it's for no better reason than because of the extremely high concentration of THC that goes into the recipe. Also, because it takes a half hour to an hour for edibles to kick in, so it's very easy to eat too much while you're impatiently waiting to feel the effects. However, smoking it allows you to pace yourself better since you feel the effects almost immediately, and so you know when to stop. THe downside to that, of course, is that smoke is bad for your lungs. Also, the carcinogens produced from combusting the weed will degrade the quality of your high.
We were told before hand it would take about an hour to kick in and that it was very strong. I had a sixth and after two hours didn't feel a thing, so I had a fourth of the brownie after that and probably forty five minutes after that it hit me pretty hard.
I didn't want to first time to be too rough. It wasn't necessarily rough but it could have been better. I still have the rest of it so I may try it again at some point, if it doesn't go moldy (it's in the fridge further becoming a brick).
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 am

i cant smoke weed, i get like major paranoia.... but a couple times i took LSD. and during one of those "events" i had complete understanding of the word "wow" because i literally felt it. hard to explain... i think i posted on the old board a topic called WOW but then deleted it the next day when i realized how retarded that must sound to other people... mushrooms are good times though, leaves me with an awkward feeling in my stomach though.
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:I wonder if it was very obvious what was going on to people outside of your group.

Most likely it wasn't obvious until I went blind. I remember everyone being kinda timid and just sort of wandering around as a group. I also remember everyone having maps of the theme park but nobody knowing how to read it, and we kept trying to defer the map-reading job to each other.

Soylent Brown wrote:We were told before hand it would take about an hour to kick in and that it was very strong. I had a sixth and after two hours didn't feel a thing, so I had a fourth of the brownie after that and probably forty five minutes after that it hit me pretty hard.
I didn't want to first time to be too rough. It wasn't necessarily rough but it could have been better. I still have the rest of it so I may try it again at some point, if it doesn't go moldy (it's in the fridge further becoming a brick).
That sounds about right. Brownies almost always seem to kick in AFTER you expect them to.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm

so you're saying the first bit I took did kick in afterall? well fuck. I thought the first bit was a dud or just not enough.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Hard to say. Depends on a lot of things, such as how strong the brownie is, how quickly you metabolize food, etc. I'm only pointing out that edibles are incredibly hard to predict when they will take effect, and it often leads to eating too much of it.

The other thing to consider is that being high will distort your perception of time, and make time intervals seem much longer. This is because you're forgetting things that happened a few moments ago, and when you come to remember those events, they seem like they were forever ago. So you end up convincing yourself that a lot of time has passed.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:36 pm

I tend to eat edibles about 30 minutes to an hour before whatever it is I'm supposed to enjoy whilst high. That amount of time seems to work pretty well for me, yet still I am often caught by surprise when it actually kicks in.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 am

It was fairly sudden! So I can see why surprise would be a factor!
I looked at the time a few times and became overwhelmed that so very little time had passed. I didn't really want to be that high for so long.
Chad was the time keeper and I got some feedback about what the order of things was. But I kind of wish he hadn't been around. Maybe I'll try some more when he's not around.

I spoke to a friend today and she suggested getting a card and talking to someone there, since they would know what and how much to take for pain and hopefully teach me how to minimize some of the effects. I don't want to get high every time I'm in pain. Sometimes it happens during a movie, when we're out, at a show, and at work (obviously work and drugs are a big no. Even my pain killers are questionable work-ok).
I'm hesitant to get a card and pot... I'm afraid I'll become a pot head and one of those friends that only hangs out to be stupid and not have awesome conversations about stuff like we do now. I don't tend to hang out with my friends when they're stoned because it's boring.

OH!! i almost forgot. Dude, you were in my dream during a nap this afternoon, I'm pretty sure because of how helpful you've been in this topic.
It was stupid but fun. We were racing, guys vs girls, girls were winning but then you came out of nowhere balancing a box of pizza on each hand and hauling ass. You won but I had started gaining on you after I dumped an empty box of cigarettes and chapstick.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bᴏy on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:51 am

Never gotten high from edibles. Have gotten a buzz from MM sodas from the same dispensary, made from the same shit, though.

I think it's probably some kind of weird subconscious thing telling me that I'm not getting high from eating brownies.
bᴏy
Gay For Pay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:41 pm

I believe the girl that gave me the edibles tried it and had that issue. They ate some and a bit later ate some more because it did nothing. Then they were way too high and didn't like it. They won't try edibles again but one of them gave me some so works for me.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:43 pm

@ winter - Watch Ronnie Brown. He threw away a touchdown somehow in a play that I don't even think was an option last year. I wonder if he'll play enough to eff up for SD now that Jackie Battle is in the mix more.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:It was fairly sudden! So I can see why surprise would be a factor!
I looked at the time a few times and became overwhelmed that so very little time had passed. I didn't really want to be that high for so long.
Chad was the time keeper and I got some feedback about what the order of things was. But I kind of wish he hadn't been around. Maybe I'll try some more when he's not around.
Definitely gotta try it alone. I think you'd like it with nobody watching you.

Soylent Brown wrote:I spoke to a friend today and she suggested getting a card and talking to someone there, since they would know what and how much to take for pain and hopefully teach me how to minimize some of the effects.
There really isn't any such thing as specific dosages for various symptoms. Basically, if you're in pain, just buy a good indica, and then proceed to smoke/vaporize/take edibles until you're good and high. You can't overdose (although you can take too much to be able to function, so be near a bed or a couch if you can).

Soylent Brown wrote:I don't want to get high every time I'm in pain. Sometimes it happens during a movie, when we're out, at a show, and at work (obviously work and drugs are a big no. Even my pain killers are questionable work-ok).
Good idea. I never smoke before work, I only really smoke before bed and before I go see movies like Dredd.

Soylent Brown wrote:I'm hesitant to get a card and pot... I'm afraid I'll become a pot head and one of those friends that only hangs out to be stupid and not have awesome conversations about stuff like we do now. I don't tend to hang out with my friends when they're stoned because it's boring.
Being a stoner pot head that talks about it all the time is a personal choice. It's not something that a card will decide for you. The card is just a means of convenience. I have a card. Makes it so I don't have to rely on other people. I hate having to rely on other people.

Soylent Brown wrote:OH!! i almost forgot. Dude, you were in my dream during a nap this afternoon, I'm pretty sure because of how helpful you've been in this topic.
It was stupid but fun. We were racing, guys vs girls, girls were winning but then you came out of nowhere balancing a box of pizza on each hand and hauling ass. You won but I had started gaining on you after I dumped an empty box of cigarettes and chapstick.
Of course I won. The pizza made me aerodynamic.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:41 pm

uhoh wrote:@ winter - Watch Ronnie Brown. He threw away a touchdown somehow in a play that I don't even think was an option last year. I wonder if he'll play enough to eff up for SD now that Jackie Battle is in the mix more.

I missed the first quarter due to a fucking marathon that closed down the streets and blocked me from getting to work on time for the kickoffs. I arrived right as the 2nd quarter was starting. Ronnie Brown is appreciated for his pass protection but very little else. Jackie Battle has proven to be a weapon. I still think Ryan Mathews is our guy, but he's in the doghouse right now because of that fumble last week. He'll climb out of it. Shit, Jamaal Charles lost two fumbles already and I don't think they'll be subbing him out anytime soon.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:07 pm

They use his carrying arm muscle to repair his leg? lol. Yeah Hillis is out. Battle looks good. I like Mathews less and less. Dude can't run redzone for shit some times. As long as you keep guys like Tolbert and Battle going strong though I suppose it doesn't matter and you can run him on 1or2&10 type situations for good return.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:
You won but I had started gaining on you after I dumped an empty box of cigarettes and chapstick.
way to hustle
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:16 pm

I bought Paper Camera app for my phone when it was on sale for 25 cents the other day. This Comic Boom picture feature is pretty nifty. I'm assuming 1/2 my pictures are going to have comic versions of them from now on.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:47 pm

winterborne1 wrote: Definitely gotta try it alone. I think you'd like it with nobody watching you.
I'm fairly self conscious as is, so I think that really amplified it.

winterborne1 wrote: There really isn't any such thing as specific dosages for various symptoms. Basically, if you're in pain, just buy a good indica, and then proceed to smoke/vaporize/take edibles until you're good and high. You can't overdose (although you can take too much to be able to function, so be near a bed or a couch if you can).
Well, I thought maybe I could learn through someone rather than through trial and error how to start. I have friends who smoke but they probably wouldn't care enough to walk me through stuff.
See, my issue with this is that I want to be able to function. I really dislike being unable to do stuff if I'd like to or having too cloudy of a mind. This is the reason I had such an issue initially after I was prescribed norco - it made my thoughts too swimmy and fucked me up in school. If I don't have at least some semblance of control over my thoughts I get very anxious.
I can see how it would vary so much though person-to-person and type. I just wish I had something a bit more measurable and exact.

winterborne1 wrote: Good idea. I never smoke before work, I only really smoke before bed and before I go see movies like Dredd.
haha how that affect your experience or understanding of a movie?

winterborne1 wrote: Being a stoner pot head that talks about it all the time is a personal choice. It's not something that a card will decide for you. The card is just a means of convenience. I have a card. Makes it so I don't have to rely on other people. I hate having to rely on other people.
I don't mean getting a card, I mean having access to pot. When I started drinking regularly it really took over far too many aspects of my life and I had a very hard time controlling the habit. It took me a long time to be able to drink without wondering if I was going to overindulge.
One of the reasons I have stayed away from drugs is because of the dealing part. That weirds me out. Being able to go into a store and get it sounds great. I'm just weary because I know I can become addicted too reliant on substances.

Last edited by Soylent Brown on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:47 pm

there's no strike-through on these boards? lame. nevermind, I guess I have to spell it out.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I know you didn't ask me about understanding a movie whist stoned, but I'm going to answer you anyway. Back when I was cool and had a job, and by extent weed, I loved smoking before going to see a movie or watching tv shows. I'm a bit more focused on those things when I'm high so I not only understand them, but have a tendency to pick up on subtle things in what I'm watching. My friend Lisa isn't like that, though. Normally we'll smoke before the movie and after I explain everything we just watched to her, haha.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:04 pm

If I was like your friend Lisa I would not smoke before TV or Movies. That would ruin the experience.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:Well, I thought maybe I could learn through someone rather than through trial and error how to start. I have friends who smoke but they probably wouldn't care enough to walk me through stuff.
See, my issue with this is that I want to be able to function. I really dislike being unable to do stuff if I'd like to or having too cloudy of a mind. This is the reason I had such an issue initially after I was prescribed norco - it made my thoughts too swimmy and fucked me up in school. If I don't have at least some semblance of control over my thoughts I get very anxious.
I can see how it would vary so much though person-to-person and type. I just wish I had something a bit more measurable and exact.
If you want to function, buy a sativa and just smoke/vape ONE bowl. How functional you will be depends more on technique than dosage, though. If you smoke, and take extremely DEEP hits, you're gonna get higher off of smaller doses, especially if you hold the smoke in longer. If you take hits that are only mildly or moderately deep, you should still remain pretty functional. For me, if I want to be functional, I'll vaporize one bowl of a sativa and I'll actually end up even more energetic and productive than if I hadn't done any at all. Certain strains are good for that sort of thing too. That's where the dispensary workers become helpful. They know the strains and would be helpful in letting you know sort of high you get from it.

Soylent Brown wrote:haha how that affect your experience or understanding of a movie?
Haha this is a very tricky question. I feel like I UNDERSTAND the movie, just in a different way. My focus is in different places than normal. With comedies, everything makes perfect sense and is so much more stimulating. I can feel the acting performances more strongly in dramas, although the plot will be rather hazy while I'm watching. Dialogue seems to be a little tough to follow at times. Smart humor is a little bit difficult to pick up right away, but visual humor is MUCH stronger. The film's score is a HUGE stimulant when I'm high. The weirdest thing is, no matter how high I get and no matter what I didn't understand while I was high, as soon as I'm no longer high, I immediately recall and understand everything I saw. It's as if my brain was recording everything and comprehending everything the entire time, but I just wasn't aware of it at the time. For example, I've watched a lot of Boardwalk Empire while I was high. Every time I did that, I spent the entire time wondering what was going on, and why things were happening (I still really enjoyed the performances and action though). But then the next day when I think back, I remember everything that happened and why it happened. I don't think this is the same with everybody else though.

Soylent Brown wrote:I don't mean getting a card, I mean having access to pot. When I started drinking regularly it really took over far too many aspects of my life and I had a very hard time controlling the habit. It took me a long time to be able to drink without wondering if I was going to overindulge.
One of the reasons I have stayed away from drugs is because of the dealing part. That weirds me out. Being able to go into a store and get it sounds great. I'm just weary because I know I can become addicted too reliant on substances.
Moderation is always key. I can't speak for others' addictions because I have never been chemically addicted to anything so I don't really understand what other people are going through.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:45 pm

uhoh wrote:If I was like your friend Lisa I would not smoke before TV or Movies. That would ruin the experience.

She's pretty burnt even when she's sober, to be honest. I think that may have to do with a previous, non-marijuana, addiction problem she overcame when we were younger.
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 pm

This is incredibly helpful!

Jeff, you mentioned being able to remember afterward, but has your memory been negatively impacted? Brandy, any input you can offer is very welcomed!
I'm not sure I could understand but I am basing that assumption off of one high. I don't imagine it will always be the same it kind of disappointed me.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 pm

During my high, my memory is pretty crappy, yes. After my high, it doesn't seem impacted. Although, at the same time, I do think my memory these days isn't as good as it was in my teenage years, but I think that might have to do with aging and heavy alcohol consumption over the years. And it's really nothing to be alarmed about. The difference is pretty negligible.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 am

I've had problems with my memory (both short and long term) since the chemo stuff so that potential side effect worries me, but probably not enough to dissuade me completely. When my pain meds run out I'm sure that wont be as important as just feeling ok.

I'll look into getting a card.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 pm

When I was in High School my boss(I was doing a co-op thing for half my grade being my job) ratted that I smoked weed to the teacher she reported to. Long story but y'know big pothead, hired even though they knew I smoked with some of the employees a few times, smoked with my boss, etc.
Anyway it became some crazy drug thing and I remember the Principle having a sit down with me. He gave me all the negative side effects people associate with smoking weed. I told him I suffered from all those issues since I could remember. He was not happy with that response.

Any way all this talk about how weed affects you reminded me of that and I've always been proud of the smart ass but serious remark I made.
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:This is incredibly helpful!

Jeff, you mentioned being able to remember afterward, but has your memory been negatively impacted? Brandy, any input you can offer is very welcomed!
I'm not sure I could understand but I am basing that assumption off of one high. I don't imagine it will always be the same it kind of disappointed me.

I'll just jump in here, as a semi-secret stone mason (I tend not to discuss it outside of the one topic about my first time). I've been smoking regularly for the last year, nearly every day. once you find your tolerance, it's more like having a nice mellow. My memory has been pretty good, but occasionally I'll forget something someone just said or told me, and I can't backpedal and remind myself; it's just not there anymore. I think this is because I can become engrossed in a single thought, and run it over in my mind a couple times before I notice they're still talking.

In any event, I haven't forgotten anything that was crucial, and I can still get things done. Compared to alcohol, it's easier to stay functional and rational.
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Specter & Spectacle wrote:

I'll just jump in here, as a semi-secret stone mason (I tend not to discuss it outside of the one topic about my first time). I've been smoking regularly for the last year, nearly every day. once you find your tolerance, it's more like having a nice mellow. My memory has been pretty good, but occasionally I'll forget something someone just said or told me, and I can't backpedal and remind myself; it's just not there anymore. I think this is because I can become engrossed in a single thought, and run it over in my mind a couple times before I notice they're still talking.

In any event, I haven't forgotten anything that was crucial, and I can still get things done. Compared to alcohol, it's easier to stay functional and rational.
Thanks, Garrett! I do that occasionally anyway, where I become stuck in a thought and forget to keep track of the conversation.
I'm still nervous about it but I have plenty of free time to work on finding what works for me.
I looked into getting a card and it's pretty expensive. I'm pretty disappointed.
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Dont give any edibles to your turtle! It has to get it's own prescription. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/stoner-dog-epidemic-sees-dramatic-rise-number-hospitalized-192636155.html

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm surprised we haven't gotten any of those at work. I have had to talk to friend who thought it was funny to blow smoke on their pet's faces.
Even if I didn't know pot was toxic I wouldn't give 'em brownies or cookies because of the chocolate. heh.
I wonder if french toast is toxic...

Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Its an aphrodisiac.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:11 am

Soylent Brown wrote:
Specter & Spectacle wrote:

Thanks, Garrett! I do that occasionally anyway, where I become stuck in a thought and forget to keep track of the conversation.
I'm still nervous about it but I have plenty of free time to work on finding what works for me.
I looked into getting a card and it's pretty expensive. I'm pretty disappointed.

$101.00 is RIDICULOUS! I wonder if that's your only option in Santa Cruz. In LA, it's 30-40 dollars and if you spend any more than that here, you're a damned fool.

Also, in LA, you are usually offered the doctor's rec, as well as a physical card for an extra fee (usually between 10-25 dollars). It's never a good idea to pay the extra money for the card because you will NEVER use it. Dispensaries around here want to see the doctor's rec to register you, and then after that point, all you need is your drivers' licence.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:16 am

Robo-Pussy wrote:Dont give any edibles to your turtle! It has to get it's own prescription. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/stoner-dog-epidemic-sees-dramatic-rise-number-hospitalized-192636155.html

I would never give my dog any edibles, but he won't even allow me to smoke without him being there for the contact high. My dog loves it and will run across the house as soon as he smells weed. Then he passes out on my lap while I'm watching cartoons and looks more comfortable than any living thing on earth.
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 am

I've done it a few times, but it doesn't appeal to me all that much.

I rather have whiskey.
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Shields:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content