Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, I got girl problems too...

+4
Garrett
Robo-Pussy
Jesse
Toothbrush
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hey, I got girl problems too... Empty Hey, I got girl problems too...

Post by Toothbrush Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 pm

So there's this hippie chick that I've known for about a year. She's not the smelly kind of hippie, rather, the fake mall hippie kind. Anywho, she's a cunt. She had a boyfriend when I met her. She broke up with him apparently and we banged and stuff. Then homie moved back and she's with him again? Oh, but my roommate is going after her and she's hanging out with him. I was doing so good at not giving a shit and treating bitches like bitches, but now I'm all hung up again. She's really not even worth it. Bat shit insane and she's a hippie. Whatever.

Last edited by Toothbrush on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sensitivity)
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Craft ID: The Wonder Junkie
Type: Science
Shields:
Hey, I got girl problems too... Left_bar_bleue100/100Hey, I got girl problems too... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Hey, I got girl problems too... Empty Re: Hey, I got girl problems too...

Post by Jesse Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:38 am

man up, bitch.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
Hey, I got girl problems too... Left_bar_bleue100/100Hey, I got girl problems too... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:22 am

Yeah, I'll get there one day.

maybe
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 am

Tell her that you love her. That will fix everything.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:50 am

Just find a nice bitch to distract yourself with.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:05 am

She's got all three of you on a leash. I think you guys probably don't get enough female attention in your lives so when this obviously flirtatious (and probably really down to earth and cool, too) girl comes strolling in giving everybody attention, suddenly everybody feels like this is some sort of 'opportunity'.

I'd say relax, there are more like her out there. She ain't THAT special.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm no don juan, but I get my fair share. That's the thing. I started to think she was different than the others. That's what got me in trouble.
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm sure that this girl is probably a very cool chick who has good tastes, a guy-ish sense of humor, a pleasant face, and none of the bullshit. If you think she's different than the others, you're probably right. Unfortunately, that sort of thing is what MANY guys are hoping for, and it puts her in a position of power that makes her more of a burden than a blessing. She has a lot in common with a LOT of guys, so she's not likely to settle for any one particular guy any time soon. Your best hope is to surround yourself with lots of girls like her, and they are definitely out there if you are outgoing enough to get to know them. The worst thing that could happen is you'll meet some dumb girls. The best thing that could happen is that one girl will notice that she has competition, and she'll be less inclined to take you for granted. What will probably happen is you'll meet some other girl you like and you won't care anymore.

The moral of this story is, don't allow yourself to be anyone's second or third option.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Jeff is apparently very awesome
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:51 pm

I try. I definitely have my own struggles with women. My problem is that I play the white knight too damn much and end up getting taken advantage of. I'm still paying phone bills for a lesbian girl I had a thing for a couple years ago, and both the girl and AT&T are intent on keeping it that way. It's definitely a pathetic situation for me to be in, and I'm trying to get out of it without having to cough up a huge cancellation fee.

But one of the things that bothers me most is when guys allow themselves to take a position of "2nd choice". It makes me miserable thinking about it because that was always a position I found myself in years past. It really sucks. I won't let myself get there again, and I like to see other guys get out of those situations too.

It's just something I see way too often. Girl is awesome, everybody puts her on a pedestal, and then she starts making lives miserable. Everything would be a lot better if everyone just thought of her as a cool chick, and not as some kind of goal to achieve. It happened with two of my former roommates. They had been friends with each other for years, but then they fell for the same chick, one of them ended up hooking up with her, and now they're done communicating with each other, and neither of them are with that girl now. So nowadays, I just tell people, if she isn't thinking about only you, you shouldn't be thinking about only her.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:20 pm

I'd probably take the cancellation fee, on principle. Unless it is really ungodly. But then again I paid for my ex's phone bill for something like a year after we broke up.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I was told it was something like 390. In my present situation, I can't give up that much money right now. I'm neck deep in bills right now (and other necessities), paying for a new car and having a huge rent increase. I tried to split her off onto her own account, but she couldn't pass the credit check. So I'm just squeezing her for money now, but she's struggling, herself.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Some good advice ITT. I need to get over it for sure. I'm so pissed at myself. It's the same old feeling and I did it to myself. But really, playing the field and being non-commital sucks. It gets lonely. But the first time I decide to go for it the same exact shit happens. Fuck life.
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:51 pm

The trick is to not go for it until she goes for it. Have a girl chase you for once. It'll feel a lot better being the one with the extra baggage.

Just recently I was dating a hairstylist chick, and everything was going rather swimmingly up until the point she started talking about her ex. She was mostly just venting about how much of an asshole he is, and how he kept wanting to reestablish contact with her, and her asking me if she should talk to him. I would always tell her it's not my business.

One day, she asked me if I would go with her to her ex's place to pick up her bong. Almost immediately, I lost interest in her. I told her that I'm not interested in someone who wants to bring her ex into my life, and I've got much more important things to worry about. If a girl needs to bring her guy to her ex's place for any reason, then she doesn't really need to go to her ex's place. She has more on her mind than just her bong.

Nowadays, I am single, focused only on work and football, and it's driving her crazy that I would move on that quickly and easily. She texts me and calls me, trying to find ways back into my life, and I only answer when I need a haircut. Feels good, man.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:55 pm

I can control myself and keep the girl on a leash when I don't really like her. If I really dig the girl I start acting like a doofus. I'm not as bad as I was 10 years ago, but I still mess up. Gotta treat the girls I like the same way I treat the girls I don't like.

Oh wow I just thought of something. Is this like some relationship karma type shit? Like, how I feel right now is how the girls feel after I get done fucking with their head?
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 pm

winterborne1 wrote:I was told it was something like 390. In my present situation, I can't give up that much money right now. I'm neck deep in bills right now (and other necessities), paying for a new car and having a huge rent increase. I tried to split her off onto her own account, but she couldn't pass the credit check. So I'm just squeezing her for money now, but she's struggling, herself.
Oh, I see. I thought perhaps you were on terrible terms and not too short on cash, in which case I'd take the fee just so that she wouldn't benefit from me anymore.

Relationship stuff sucks. I guess since I've been in my little bubble for the last couple of years I forgot how much it can really suck. My coworker is constantly freaking out about what to do when a guy texts her, she overanalyses everything and seems to follow, vaguely, some book about rules for dating. Acting cool and not freaking out is easier said than done for her, unfortunately.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Ok so she's been straight ignoring me the whole weekend and she now just texted me. She's asking to divide the coursework for our online classes this year. Yup.
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:
winterborne1 wrote:I was told it was something like 390. In my present situation, I can't give up that much money right now. I'm neck deep in bills right now (and other necessities), paying for a new car and having a huge rent increase. I tried to split her off onto her own account, but she couldn't pass the credit check. So I'm just squeezing her for money now, but she's struggling, herself.
Oh, I see. I thought perhaps you were on terrible terms and not too short on cash, in which case I'd take the fee just so that she wouldn't benefit from me anymore.

Relationship stuff sucks. I guess since I've been in my little bubble for the last couple of years I forgot how much it can really suck. My coworker is constantly freaking out about what to do when a guy texts her, she overanalyses everything and seems to follow, vaguely, some book about rules for dating. Acting cool and not freaking out is easier said than done for her, unfortunately.

We're still friends, and she's actually my roommate now, so if I take too much money from her, I start to wonder if she's gonna make rent. Life has been pretty tough for me, financially. I was doing pretty well financially for awhile, but then I started having to pour thousands of dollars into repairing a car, and then I finally had to give up and sell the car, and I ended up buying a new one (which was a STUPID idea). I also went to the Philippines for awhile and spent a bunch of money doing that, and then when I came back, I had a bunch of roommates move out of the house all at the same time, and I had to increase my own rent in order to get the other rooms on craigslist at a more competitive price. Also, I had just gone through 5 months of being unemployed, and now I'm back at work, but I'm getting less money due to decreased hours. So yeah, it's been pretty miserable, going from a very high point financially to a very low point in only 5 months. I'm eating one less meal per day just trying to get by. The lesbian girl is helping me a ton by taking one of the rooms that was available, but I'd really love to get her off my phone bill. She's barely making ends meet as a bartender now, so I have to be careful with her funds as well as mine. I dragged her into an AT&T store and asked them to separate our accounts, but the AT&T rep said that they would need a 500 dollar deposit since she didn't pass the credit check. Neither of us have that money, so I was just like whatever. On the way back, she started crying because she felt like she was being "disowned". I think her crying was rather manipulative, but nonetheless, I can't risk her moving out and getting stuck with her rent amount. So I'm still paying it, and just trying to get as much money from her as she can afford, and asking her to get her mom to co-sign for the phone. It's a really sticky situation.

Relationships can definitely suck when you're invested and the other person isn't. I understand that it's not easy to just be cool about it and not freak out or get upset, but at the end of the day, it's still EXACTLY what needs to be done. It's just one of those things where, yeah, it's easier said than done, but you still gotta do it. Otherwise you're never going to find yourself in a better situation.

Last edited by winterborne1 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Sounds like a losing situation, unless you genuinely want to split the work and she's reliable?

I found some pictures for you

Hey, I got girl problems too... Tumblr_m879k6G1nh1rbiwywo1_250

Hey, I got girl problems too... You-win-this-round-toothbrush

Hey, I got girl problems too... Toothbrush_big

Hey, I got girl problems too... Dog-holding-toothbrush-000018323086-310x250
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
We're still friends, and she's actually my roommate now, so if I take too much money from her, I start to wonder if she's gonna make rent. Life has been pretty tough for me, financially. I was doing pretty well financially for awhile, but then I started having to pour thousands of dollars into repairing a car, and then I finally had to give up and sell the car, and I ended up buying a new one (which was a STUPID idea). I also went to the Philippines for awhile and spent a bunch of money doing that, and then when I came back, I had a bunch of roommates move out of the house all at the same time, and I had to increase my own rent in order to get the other rooms on craigslist at a more competitive price. Also, I had just gone through 5 months of being unemployed, and now I'm back at work, but I'm getting less money due to decreased hours. So yeah, it's been pretty miserable, going from a very high point financially to a very low point in only 5 months. I'm eating one less meal per day just trying to get by. The lesbian girl is helping me a ton by taking one of the rooms that was available, but I'd really love to get her off my phone bill. She's barely making ends meat as a bartender now, so I have to be careful with her funds as well as mine. I dragged her into an AT&T store and asked them to separate our accounts, but the AT&T rep said that they would need a 500 dollar deposit since she didn't pass the credit check. Neither of us have that money, so I was just like whatever. On the way back, she started crying because she felt like she was being "disowned". I think her crying was rather manipulative, but nonetheless, I can't risk her moving out and getting stuck with her rent amount. So I'm still paying it, and just trying to get as much money from her as she can afford, and asking her to get her mom to co-sign for the phone. It's a really sticky situation.

Relationships can definitely suck when you're invested and the other person isn't. I understand that it's not easy to just be cool about it and not freak out or get upset, but at the end of the day, it's still EXACTLY what needs to be done. It's just one of those things where, yeah, it's easier said than done, but you still gotta do it. Otherwise you're never going to find yourself in a better situation.
Oh shit, that definitely puts everything into perspective and I'm so sorry your financial situation is so shitty! How long have you been trying to find people to fill up the apartment?
I didn't realize you got a credit check when opening an account with a phone provider. And I thought bartenders made a decent living.

Exactly. Not being upfront just causes a mind fuck and if you're not on the same boat or really want to push for something that the other person is just really not interested in you gotta move on and realize it's miserable to chase after someone who isn't interested. Probably more so than just being alone and "on the market", as it were.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:38 pm

My total house rent is 3700 dollars, and I had to cover for 4 of the rooms for a month while I looked for new tenants. It took a fat chunk out of my bank account, and I wasn't making any money. With that put on top of the new car, the repairs on the old car, and the vacation I took, it was just too much for my account to bear.

Now I have every available room filled, but I had to double my own rent in order to get them filled.

My light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that I have 2 expensive loans that I've been paying for years finally coming to the end of their term next January, so if I can survive until then, a lot of weight should be lifted off my shoulders.

Bartenders do make a decent living from Thursday through Saturday. On the other days, they struggle quite a bit. Unfortunately for this girl, the boss won't let her work Friday nights (which is obviously the biggest money day). She gets a little bit of money from modeling and acting, but survival is still just as tough for her as it is for me.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Toothbrush wrote:Oh wow I just thought of something. Is this like some relationship karma type shit? Like, how I feel right now is how the girls feel after I get done fucking with their head?

Yeah it's probably something like that. The only way out is to say 'fuck karma' and stop giving a shit about said girl. That'll be a lot easier to do once you start dating other girls.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:57 pm

winterborne1 wrote:My total house rent is 3700 dollars, and I had to cover for 4 of the rooms for a month while I looked for new tenants. It took a fat chunk out of my bank account, and I wasn't making any money. With that put on top of the new car, the repairs on the old car, and the vacation I took, it was just too much for my account to bear.

Now I have every available room filled, but I had to double my own rent in order to get them filled.

My light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that I have 2 expensive loans that I've been paying for years finally coming to the end of their term next January, so if I can survive until then, a lot of weight should be lifted off my shoulders.

Bartenders do make a decent living from Thursday through Saturday. On the other days, they struggle quite a bit. Unfortunately for this girl, the boss won't let her work Friday nights (which is obviously the biggest money day). She gets a little bit of money from modeling and acting, but survival is still just as tough for her as it is for me.
whoa, that's ridiculous. were any of the past tenants on the lease? Sucks that they all bailed so close together. Are you sticking it out with that house or going to look for more affordable housing?
I'm coming up on having to start paying off my loans but I cannot find a second part-time or full-time job. I'm barely scraping by through random pet sitting gigs and covering my coworker's shifts during her vacation. My guy pays for all the rent on his own and his hours were cut recently. We're surviving with 50 combined hours a week or underpaid employment.

Is there a reasonable excuse why she's not allowed to work Fridays? You'd think a female bartender would be great for business.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:20 am

sent you a pm, jeff.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:59 am

Soylent Brown wrote:whoa, that's ridiculous. were any of the past tenants on the lease? Sucks that they all bailed so close together. Are you sticking it out with that house or going to look for more affordable housing?
I'm coming up on having to start paying off my loans but I cannot find a second part-time or full-time job. I'm barely scraping by through random pet sitting gigs and covering my coworker's shifts during her vacation. My guy pays for all the rent on his own and his hours were cut recently. We're surviving with 50 combined hours a week or underpaid employment.

Is there a reasonable excuse why she's not allowed to work Fridays? You'd think a female bartender would be great for business.

The lease was expiring and the landlord wanted to get a new lease signed. They bailed because they wanted to live among their own circle of friends, and closer to their work. I'm definitely sticking it out in this house now that I have the rooms filled. This house is kind of a diamond in the rough, when it comes to how much it costs vs the quality of this place. Letting it go would be painful.

Loans are murder. When I have kids, one of the first lessons I'll ever teach them when they get old enough to understand money, is never to take out loans. That's just not something you want to learn the hard way. That's a rough situation with the 50 combined hours and whatnot. What does your guy do for a living?

She can't work Fridays because those shifts are already taken by her coworkers who have been there longer and I guess she's gotta earn Friday shifts with experience. LA is tough on bartenders because there's just so many to go around.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:06 am

Wow Jeff, I'm totally shocked to hear about the cell phone. You always come across as a voice of reason here... but I guess that kind of stuff can happen to anyone. Your rent sounds really high... Can the house really be worth it? With the financial situation you described wouldn't you be sooo much better off in a less expensive apartment. What makes this house so special?

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 am

When all the rooms in the house are filled, my rent is easily comparable to what I would be paying in an apartment, except now I have the added benefit of having a garage, driveway, laundry room, full kitchen, the ability to make as much noise as I want and blast movies at night. I made sure to pick up only like-minded roommates. I literally interviewed 31 people who found me on craigslist, and picked the two people who I think would fit best in my household. So far, I haven't regretted my roommate choices at all. I've gotten into a few fights with the girl who took the third room (the same one I share a cell phone plan with), but those fights should almost be expected since we're both struggling equally and highly depend on each other.

Other than that, the house is just beautiful. The kitchen is gigantic and covered in marble floors and counters, the whole house has hardwood floors, everything looks new, the neighborhood is quiet and located near some great restaurants and bars. I have a great relationship with the landlords and they take care of a lot of what goes wrong. It's just a really good situation on that end. So as long as I can keep the rooms filled, it's definitely worth it over an apartment.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:54 pm

winterborne1 wrote:
Soylent Brown wrote:whoa, that's ridiculous. were any of the past tenants on the lease? Sucks that they all bailed so close together. Are you sticking it out with that house or going to look for more affordable housing?

The lease was expiring and the landlord wanted to get a new lease signed. They bailed because they wanted to live among their own circle of friends, and closer to their work. I'm definitely sticking it out in this house now that I have the rooms filled. This house is kind of a diamond in the rough, when it comes to how much it costs vs the quality of this place. Letting it go would be painful.

Loans are murder. When I have kids, one of the first lessons I'll ever teach them when they get old enough to understand money, is never to take out loans. That's just not something you want to learn the hard way. That's a rough situation with the 50 combined hours and whatnot. What does your guy do for a living?

She can't work Fridays because those shifts are already taken by her coworkers who have been there longer and I guess she's gotta earn Friday shifts with experience. LA is tough on bartenders because there's just so many to go around.
That's still fairly expensive. Where's the apt located? If you got the rooms filled and are happy with the living situation, that's awesome! I hope things smooth out for you, man. I hate seeing good people go through financial hardships.

My parents taught me to be very careful about borrowing money and my guy's also very suspicious about loans and credit cards. Thankfully I got pretty good financial aid and due to a medical emergency while at university I was able to get an extra scholarship my last year. I only took out five grand in those two years which i hear isn't very bad. I worked through most of university and partly full-time when I was in community college so I was able to save up a bit and paid out of pocket for a while.
He's the manager at a local movie theatre. His place of work will probably be bought off by Safeway next year, which is one of the reasons his hours were cut. This also means he might have to start looking for another job soonish. A friend told me to look into food stamps. I probably should. I know it's been mentioned before. I need to get over the shame aspect and just own up to needing help up.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Toothbrush wrote:Ok so she's been straight ignoring me the whole weekend and she now just texted me. She's asking to divide the coursework for our online classes this year. Yup.
Did you respond?
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:
winterborne1 wrote:

That's still fairly expensive. Where's the apt located? If you got the rooms filled and are happy with the living situation, that's awesome! I hope things smooth out for you, man. I hate seeing good people go through financial hardships.

My parents taught me to be very careful about borrowing money and my guy's also very suspicious about loans and credit cards. Thankfully I got pretty good financial aid and due to a medical emergency while at university I was able to get an extra scholarship my last year. I only took out five grand in those two years which i hear isn't very bad. I worked through most of university and partly full-time when I was in community college so I was able to save up a bit and paid out of pocket for a while.
He's the manager at a local movie theatre. His place of work will probably be bought off by Safeway next year, which is one of the reasons his hours were cut. This also means he might have to start looking for another job soonish. A friend told me to look into food stamps. I probably should. I know it's been mentioned before. I need to get over the shame aspect and just own up to needing help up.

Food stamps aren't as bad as they use to be. They just deposit the funds into the "EBT" card. Just hit up self serve registers!
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:
winterborne1 wrote:

It's a house, located in Los Feliz, between Silverlake and Hollywood. My rent now is affordable, and easily comparable to apartment costs. It just happens to be almost double what I was paying before the old roommates moved out. I had a pretty good deal going on before, and then the guys moved out and now my deal is just ho hum average. It's really the combination of everything that makes my situation so daunting. But I'm chipping away at it. Jesse (from this board) just helped me out some by looking at my AT&T account and making a few tweaks to save some cash. Every little bit helps.

5 grand for 2 years is kinda like what I did when I moved to Hollywood and didn't have anything yet. Actually I think I took out something like 7 grand. I'm still paying some of that. For a few years I was getting nowhere on those loans, but consolidating the loans at a credit union and getting a better job definitely helped, and now I'm only a half year away from finishing the payments.

Food stamps are a must. If you can get them, you should absolutely get them. I hear they give you a card now so it's less embarrassing. But you should get them because things can go wrong anywhere, something could happen and you could lose everything, but at least you'll always have food. Plus, I think it's like 50 bucks a week minimum, or something like that. If someone told me they were gonna start paying me 50 bucks a week indefinitely, I'd be pretty happy about that.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Jesse wrote:
Food stamps aren't as bad as they use to be. They just deposit the funds into the "EBT" card. Just hit up self serve registers!
Hmm I'm not sure I'd be embarrassed as much as I'd be ashamed. I wouldn't mind paying with an EBT card, I already tend to pay in exact change whenever I can even if it holds up the line.
I've been told too many times that I don't deserve what the USA can give me, even though I am legitimately "american", that I've internalized it. I was raised to never ask help, to do shit on my own and keep my troubles quiet. I'm not embarrassed to ask for help, but I am ashamed that I need and that I am taking from a country that I constantly do not feel welcomed in. I know I'm anthropomorphing an entire country when I think that way but I don't want to be "another mexican draining the system" even though I am completely supportive of others doing so. I shouldn't care, though.

winterborne1 wrote:
It's a house, located in Los Feliz, between Silverlake and Hollywood. My rent now is affordable, and easily comparable to apartment costs. It just happens to be almost double what I was paying before the old roommates moved out. I had a pretty good deal going on before, and then the guys moved out and now my deal is just ho hum average. It's really the combination of everything that makes my situation so daunting. But I'm chipping away at it. Jesse (from this board) just helped me out some by looking at my AT&T account and making a few tweaks to save some cash. Every little bit helps.

5 grand for 2 years is kinda like what I did when I moved to Hollywood and didn't have anything yet. Actually I think I took out something like 7 grand. I'm still paying some of that. For a few years I was getting nowhere on those loans, but consolidating the loans at a credit union and getting a better job definitely helped, and now I'm only a half year away from finishing the payments.

Food stamps are a must. If you can get them, you should absolutely get them. I hear they give you a card now so it's less embarrassing. But you should get them because things can go wrong anywhere, something could happen and you could lose everything, but at least you'll always have food. Plus, I think it's like 50 bucks a week minimum, or something like that. If someone told me they were gonna start paying me 50 bucks a week indefinitely, I'd be pretty happy about that.
When everything hits you at once it definitely makes it a lot tougher than if it were gradual. Jesse's fucking awesome.

I took out two loans. Will I have to make two payments a month then? Is consolidating making them into one? I should know more about this but just assumed I'd be back to having a decent job in no time. Nope. this town is sucked dry of good jobs.

That I'm not on the streets tells me I don't "really" need food stamps. But fuck it, yes I do. I had to open up a care credit account to go to the dentist. I still have something like 2500 worth of work to have done but with the interest rate on the card I really don't want to take the risk of getting more work done than I can afford. $50 a week is sweet!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Toothbrush Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Soylent Brown wrote:
Toothbrush wrote:Ok so she's been straight ignoring me the whole weekend and she now just texted me. She's asking to divide the coursework for our online classes this year. Yup.
Did you respond?

Yeah. I said I would be interested because it is a lot of work. I also asked her for a study guide to a class I'm currently taking and she said she would try to look but to remind her.

I also found out my roommate asked her out again tonite.
Toothbrush
Toothbrush
Will Fucking Kill You

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 pm

dude, stop talking to her all together.

you can dress it up however you'd like, but you're just making excuses to see this chick.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:36 am

My card was declined today. I didn't notice it went down to $2.44. lolwut. Thankfully I had a twenty stashed in one of the pockets of my wallet. I just downloaded the "CalFresh" application sheet.

Last edited by Soylent Brown on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:40 am

this topic is now about this chick reading some 50 shades of gay book while sitting on a vibrator
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 am

skip to 3:55
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:29 am

I love stoya, not all that fond of her porn though.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 am

Soylent Brown wrote:My card was declined today. I didn't notice it went down to $2.44. lolwut. Thankfully I had a twenty stashed in one of the pockets of my wallet. I just downloaded the "CalFresh" application sheet.

hope it works out. My girlfriend was denied because we share a checking account (added her to my account so she could use my "card" whenever she needed something, as she's not working atm).

oh, and don't forget to apply for general relief!
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:45 am

Jesse wrote:
Soylent Brown wrote:My card was declined today. I didn't notice it went down to $2.44. lolwut. Thankfully I had a twenty stashed in one of the pockets of my wallet. I just downloaded the "CalFresh" application sheet.

hope it works out. My girlfriend was denied because we share a checking account (added her to my account so she could use my "card" whenever she needed something, as she's not working atm).

oh, and don't forget to apply for general relief!
I just downloaded a PDF for that general relief thing and it was over 400 pages. I'm too confused to understand it right now but I will look into it when I find something that's not overwhelming. Thanks, dude!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 am

Soylent Brown wrote:
When everything hits you at once it definitely makes it a lot tougher than if it were gradual. Jesse's fucking awesome.

I took out two loans. Will I have to make two payments a month then? Is consolidating making them into one? I should know more about this but just assumed I'd be back to having a decent job in no time. Nope. this town is sucked dry of good jobs.

That I'm not on the streets tells me I don't "really" need food stamps. But fuck it, yes I do. I had to open up a care credit account to go to the dentist. I still have something like 2500 worth of work to have done but with the interest rate on the card I really don't want to take the risk of getting more work done than I can afford. $50 a week is sweet!

Definitely. When things hit you gradually, it gives you a chance to make compromises, repair your situation, etc. Jesse is definitely awesome. I gave him all 10s on the survey. Subway gives me a free cookie when I do that shit. Jesse gives me a fat discount on my phone bill. I don't even like cookies. Jesse wins.

Taking out two loans means two payments a month. Consolidating them does make them into one, but it's only worth it if you can get a lower interest rate from it. Credit unions are great for consolidating your high interest loans. Check out the Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover audiobook for really useful information. He's like a really smart drill sergeant for getting out of debt.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:49 pm

i think this is like the korean version of YOLO. so this is my advice..
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:58 pm

speaking of girls i will share a strange story... so i met this chick in may at my weekend part time job and she was a decent looking 6/10 who had her own little cottage-like house and was looking to bone for weeks until i finally went over there. so we're making out/4 play on the couch and she pulls me into the bedroom where she turns around in front of me and pulls me toward her as she bends over her bed and wants me to go to work on her, wanted me to pull her hair etc... so about 15 minutes later im about to come and i feel something wet on my ass. i turn around and her 120 lb bull mastiff is standing there licking my ass. so i finish. and awkwardly put my clothes back on. went into the kitchen and she grabbed me a beer and then we went back on the couch and put the tv on. the dog walked in sat in the doorway and was grilling me from across the room. i dont know if you know bull mastiffs but they drool like crazy. it was a really strange vibe, so i left.... guys, was this beastiality?
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:46 am

NOT MONGO wrote:speaking of girls i will share a strange story... so i met this chick in may at my weekend part time job and she was a decent looking 6/10 who had her own little cottage-like house and was looking to bone for weeks until i finally went over there. so we're making out/4 play on the couch and she pulls me into the bedroom where she turns around in front of me and pulls me toward her as she bends over her bed and wants me to go to work on her, wanted me to pull her hair etc... so about 15 minutes later im about to come and i feel something wet on my ass. i turn around and her 120 lb bull mastiff is standing there licking my ass. so i finish. and awkwardly put my clothes back on. went into the kitchen and she grabbed me a beer and then we went back on the couch and put the tv on. the dog walked in sat in the doorway and was grilling me from across the room. i dont know if you know bull mastiffs but they drool like crazy. it was a really strange vibe, so i left.... guys, was this beastiality?
i don't think so. animals tend to be curious around people having sex, i've noticed. the dog was probably just scared or confused, meaning you were most likely pleasuring her well!

Limp Wristed Nancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:57 pm

I was able to get food stamps pretty easily, I just had to tell them I had jack shit.

It also took two months because my case worker went on vacation. I'm off them now because I don't check my mail very often and I missed a letter.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Do they call you to schedule an appt or do you call them?
I downloaded the form and it just says to mail it and that they'll call to schedule an appt, but that seems weird to me.
How long did it take for them to contact you if you did it that way, or did you contact them over the phone?

P.S. My coworker has boy problems, I think I mentioned some of them here before, so I used your success story(s) to get her to sign up to okcupid. I think she's been having a lot of fun answering the questions and googling over younger dudes.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:03 am

They sent me a letter telling me when to expect a call. It was about a week after I sent in my stuff. I was approved over the phone and they even gave me an estimate. The whole process took two months, but they retroactively gave me the foodstamps from the day I applied.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:06 am

awesome, thanks dude!
The address for the county HR office isn't listed on the website so I'm going to give them a jingle and find out where I have to mail it to.
Thanks so much, Gare!
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:32 pm

no problem.

it can get pretty unpleasant when you can't afford to eat.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Yeah. This was probably not the best timing to get over an eating disorder.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next