Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android?

3 posters

Go down

question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android? Empty question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android?

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 am

I tried Videora, but that was a failure. I use doubletwist on my Android phone and it doesnt play DIVX files but it will play MP4... The whole point is I'm trying to play The Dark Knight Rises on my phone....

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks guys!
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android? Left_bar_bleue100/100question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android? Empty Re: question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android?

Post by RonSwanson AKA DukeSilver Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:39 am

Are you serious? You're practically asking us for the "clean slate". Sorry pal, what you're asking for is impossible!
RonSwanson AKA DukeSilver
RonSwanson AKA DukeSilver
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android? Empty Re: question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android?

Post by winterborne1 Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:56 am

I use two different converters for MP4 files. One is MPEG Streamclip, and the other is HandBrake.

Typically I use HandBrake to go from MKV to MP4 and it has a separate preset for different devices. It takes in more than just MKV files, but that's usually the kind of file I'm working with.

MPEG Streamclip has a faster rendering process and accepts more file extensions, so if I were to import a DivX file, I'd probably start with that one. HandBrake is slower but I feel it is more precise with its presets and puts out a better overall product.

Then, after rendering, I bring it into an application called Subler to put together the metadata for the file or add subtitles.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:
question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android? Left_bar_bleue100/100question: how can i convert a DIVX file to MP4, so that way I can play on my Android? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:48 pm

ok im going to dl handbrake and MPEG Streamclip. but i need .NET framework 4 (im using XP os for this computer- my own computer is sitting in pieces atm) and it has directed me to a Windows Imaging Component page http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=32 which file do i need? do those downloads correspond to a country jpn= japan, ita= italy, deu= deutch etc? i feel really dumb how im not sure which file i need lol.. maybe i have ADD and im not seeing something?
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:28 pm

I've only ever used a Mac for video editing/conforming, but after looking at your link, I would ignore all the language-specific files and just go for the link at the bottom left that says "Download now", above the word 'Overview'
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 pm

whelp that is for 64 bit, the pc im using is 32 bit... hrrrmmm... ill just select one of the ENU or ESN then...
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:44 pm

It's probably the ENU. I can't think of what foreign country or language that might be.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:48 pm

I looked it up, and yeah the ENU is English (USA). Really stupid that they don't clarify that on the website. I think that's just the language for the installer anyway.
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT MONGO Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

thank u kind sir!!
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:26 pm

no problem, let me know if you have problems with the converters
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down