Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

writing

+2
chris_halo
NOT MONGO
6 posters

Go down

writing Empty writing

Post by NOT MONGO Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:40 pm

has anybody been working on anything in their writing? i know some of you are creative writers...

im writing a script thats kinda Heat meets the North Hollywood Shootout meets Blood Meridian (i know this sounds impossible since mccarthy's novel mainly deals with prose) meets Fight Club (as far as organized terrorism)... I have a huge opening thats basically a decoy for whats really happening behind the scenes... and I have an idea of where Im going with it. its basically a radicalized-tea party group moving toward terrorism. i guess it deals with the kind of terrorism that you mightve seen in the dark knight... i just really want to focus on home-grown terrorism and what that means.. been doing a lot of research.. i might pass it over to a friend to strengthen some things. I really like the title "to the lions" but it sounds like some shitty metalcore band.

tell me what youre working on
NOT MONGO
NOT MONGO
Kult Sergeant

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Blade Runner
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
writing Left_bar_bleue100/100writing Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

writing Empty Re: writing

Post by chris_halo Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 am

sounds interesting

i still write poetry here and there, no delusion of grandeur, i don't expect anyone to read/buy a book with my poetry published in it

it's more a venting for me
chris_halo
chris_halo
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Swordfish II
Shields:

https://mendedpoetry.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by winterborne1 Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 pm

I like the title To The Lions. I suggest you keep it. What DOESN'T sound like a metalcore band these days?
winterborne1
winterborne1
Rodz & Kulture

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Interstella 5555
Type: Merchant
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:54 am

I like the title too!

Chris, I used to write for that reason. I never improved, though. I would write and then never share it. Now, it is usually enough to just think about thoroughly. Actual writing was probably better, but I don't have much to vent about nowadays anyway.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm

I write all the time. I wrote this this morning:

The Honeypot

Just one more pull, then we bolted. The bees were out to get us. Normally contending with bears for their sweet honey, they didn’t suppose Jim and I were terribly intimidating targets. Bears have stubby legs when they’re bipedal, but they run fast on the ground. Jim was a strong runner, but by then I had already set into my chubby teenage years, and every second of that afternoon, where I could see nothing more than the back of Jim’s shirt in front of me the sound of angry suicidal pricks to my rear, was sheer terror. It was a pure rush of adrenaline, followed by endorphins to treat the pain. The bears didn’t need to run though; their fur was more than enough to avoid stings. My old Lincoln was our equivalent. It was a steel fortress on wheels.

“We made it. I don’t know if we can keep doing this though. It’s a lot of effort for something we could just buy. In fact, we could probably find lube that was even better for our lovemaking if we just looked.”

“Don’t you start that shit on me again, Jim. You know I like to be slathered in honey, and I need it fresh. Besides, there’s no way I’m going to face the judgmental store clerk who’s ringing up fifteen honey bears every week. I won’t be thought of as a pervert!”

“But…”

“It is much better to be a pervert than to be thought of as one!”

“But they have self checkout now!”

“And what happens when something goes wrong on one of those? You have to wait around until a clerk is there to help you, while the line of angry people in an unreasonable hurry stares you and your honey down. I won’t have it.”

“You’re a wonderfully odd man, you know that?”

“Shut up and fuck me.”
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by bᴏy Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:52 pm

I also write all the time. This is one I wrote earlier before I took a shit and did stuff outside of the house. I had also smoked some weed shortly prior to the writing:

If it came across the Earth the flutter of wings or a clap of thunder, her song remains the same.

Never before in my life have I seen such a beautiful neck exposed to these lips and life's bite -- never have I, nor shall I wish to again.

The thought alone terrifies and seduces me, and so does the Sapphire.

Sappheiros -- Neither hot red or as white as cold light; deeper than quicksand and still yet a well shallow enough to peer into nakedly. What would be seen in these waters that will make you love her and tremble at the thought of her surge? -- And what cloudy and consequential backwash could cause you to hate her... or worse?

Would you not bear frost or claw at the moment you'd witness such beauty:
Her as the river that shapes the past, present and future; the river which carries life itself inside of her being, and you; a choking hiccup in the garden's throat?

For as far as your legs can take you, as deeply as you can dream, and as sterile as you'd wish the movement and this moment in time to be in order to distract from pleasure and pain; despite all will or want, she haunts every hallway in every institution.

honestly I think it could use more salt
bᴏy
bᴏy
Gay For Pay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down