Deftones Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New junk?(last purchased topic)

+24
bᴏy
schlueter
SmellyCheese
Vadim
Cory
kickinfatbeats
NOT MONGO
gnarkiller
karausu
Whitey Bulger
chris_halo
lacrazyiris
Toothbrush
ukdangermouse
Jane*
chingon
Jesse
Snoogans
Ozzman
Soylent Brown
Robo-Pussy
Garrett
winterborne1
uhoh
28 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

New junk?(last purchased topic) - Page 2 Empty Re: New junk?(last purchased topic)

Post by Soylent Brown Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I had to get is a night at a Value Inn.
We didn't leave SF until 3am. Too tired and rainy to make it home or bone.

My sleep schedule's totally messed up now. I just woke up from a almost four hour nap after five hours of sleep this morning.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Type: Science
Shields:
New junk?(last purchased topic) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100New junk?(last purchased topic) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

New junk?(last purchased topic) - Page 2 Empty Re: New junk?(last purchased topic)

Post by karausu Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:49 am

I'm working on getting an iPad 2. Pictures to come? Maybe.

karausu
Forever Trollin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 am

i'm perfectly happy with my first gen. for now.

i'll most likely pick up the 3g 16 sometime in the future.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Roland Thoundercloud
Type: Mercenary
Shields:
New junk?(last purchased topic) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100New junk?(last purchased topic) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.Twitter.com/Huxington

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:06 am

I'm still gonna get a nook color and hack the shit out of it.

I really can't stand holding books.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Craft ID: MU Delphic
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:12 pm

then you should sit down

elephant
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:38 pm

I love books, they smell good. That's why I'll never end up with any Kindle-y type of device, though it would save me a ton of room. I have way to many books.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Unidentified
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by karausu Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Jesse wrote:i'm perfectly happy with my first gen. for now.

I felt that way too, until all of those benchmark tests starting hitting the web. The thing is a fucking beast, and the ability to use imovie to edit videos wouldn't be so bad -- i'm slowly getting into dslr video.

Oh, and the Nook? Why the Nook Garret?

Last edited by karausu on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

karausu
Forever Trollin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 pm

the smells fine, I just don't like the feel of paper, or having to hold open binding. it's distractingly uncomfortable for me.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:57 pm

So youre the person who bought the Watchmen toys.
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Craft ID: Golden Hind
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:58 pm

they actually came into the store I work at around christmas, so they ended up being about $5 each.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Cool. They went on clearance at all my local toy/comic shops and even then didnt get sold.
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:20 pm

now im nothing wrote:the smells fine, I just don't like the feel of paper, or having to hold open binding. it's distractingly uncomfortable for me.

I only dislike binding on hardcover books, I hate hardcover books. That's why I hate buying first editions, but sometimes I need to.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

karausu wrote:
Jesse wrote:i'm perfectly happy with my first gen. for now.

I felt that way too, until all of those benchmark tests starting hitting the web. The thing is a fucking beast, and the ability to use imovie to edit videos wouldn't be so bad -- i'm slowly getting into dslr video.

i just picked up a quad core mbp. i'm ok in the speed/editing dept.

Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:57 pm

karausu wrote:

The nook color is an affordable android tablet with a good development community. As soon as the honeycomb source code for the xoom is out, it'll be ported directly to the nook color.

I don't mind not having cameras or gps, so long as it's a good ereader and a basic tablet.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:20 pm

yeah, its not a bad deal.

8gb built in (expandable as well, right?) and a 800 mhz processor.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:27 pm

mini-sd, I think

it's been successfully overclocked to 1.1ghz as well, while lengthening the battery life and keeping everything stable.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:55 am

Loving the ipad2. Dont think id upgrade from 1 if i had that though. I only have one as an impulse buy after keeping a friend company in launchday line.

The nook is one cost efficient tablet if getting android os turns out to e easy enough.

Also, i bought panera for a few people at work today because its good to be owed lunch when im broke. Today was all OT pay so wasnt too bad.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Craft ID: uhoh and stuff
Type: Civilian
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:57 am

now im nothing wrote:
karausu wrote:

The nook color is an affordable android tablet with a good development community. As soon as the honeycomb source code for the xoom is out, it'll be ported directly to the nook color.

I don't mind not having cameras or gps, so long as it's a good ereader and a basic tablet.
the cameras on the ipad are a joke. The front's ok for facetime but the back camera is nonsense.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by gnarkiller Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:04 am

I bought a couple of these Nike shirts that are just like under armor but feel like cotton. I like to wear them at the gym and to bed
gnarkiller
gnarkiller
Fake Muscles

Back to top Go down

Post by gnarkiller Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:12 am

I really want an affordable android tablet. If the xoom was 399 I would buy one in a heartbeat
gnarkiller
gnarkiller
Fake Muscles

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am

uhoh wrote:Loving the ipad2. Dont think id upgrade from 1 if i had that though. I only have one as an impulse buy after keeping a friend company in launchday line.

The nook is one cost efficient tablet if getting android os turns out to e easy enough.

Also, i bought panera for a few people at work today because its good to be owed lunch when im broke. Today was all OT pay so wasnt too bad.

again, it runs android out of the box, you just need to unlock it to add the marketplace and you're done.

however, upgrading to honeycomb is the real prize since it's the first android version specifically for tablets, and they've already got that running, but it'll be a perfect version once the source code is out there.

honestly, my biggest complaint about the nook color is that the covers they sell for it are way overpriced. $40 for a leather case? are they serious? what are they, apple?
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by karausu Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:15 am

Meh, I'm not that impressed by what the other tablet manufactures have to offer, and while the Android OS looks great, and offers more customization when compared to IOS, I'd still go with Apple in the end.

I really enjoy my first iPad, and the only real use it gets is for reading. I also have a kindle, and it's probably my first choice when I want to read something without distractions .. but I keep going back to the iPad, and Amazon has done a great job at updating their app.

karausu
Forever Trollin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:19 am

I've always disliked apple and their closed systems and overpriced hardware.

I have an iphone 4 because literally everyone I would use my phone to talk to has an iphone and it makes it easier, but I'd never buy a mac over a pc, and I'm not going to pay twice as much for a tablet that is no better, but simply bears apple's name and is more popular for it.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:50 am

now im nothing wrote:I've always disliked apple and their closed systems and overpriced hardware.

and I'm not going to pay twice as much for a tablet that is no better, but simply bears apple's name and is more popular for it.

Same @ apple but i have to say ths stupid ipad is one of my favorite purchases to date. If anything for the games and i like the polish and speed of the device

I realize you're talking about the nook but other android tablets are too much for not much. I have an evo and i love it and like android. I still feel ipad is too far ahead of other tablets. The xoom has a chance but i have no high hopes for a good android tablet for another year or so.

Let me know if the nook runs well enough once you do try it out. Id really enjoy endorsing it over an apple product.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:36 pm

i'm glad i made the switch over to apple. Finally got the hang of it and everything feels so damn good.

You can see and feel the quality of their work and i have no problem paying a bit extra for it.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 pm

douche
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:17 pm

well, that's not nice.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 pm

I havent bought anything recently

Sad
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:16 pm

chingon wrote:I havent bought anything recently

Sad

same here, but i'm not counting day to day stuff (groceries/lunch/etc).
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:28 am

I bought Nyquil and some of that Emergen-C suff.

Chad's in the dumps.
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Jesse wrote:
chingon wrote:I havent bought anything recently

Sad

same here, but i'm not counting day to day stuff (groceries/lunch/etc).

Yeah, me either. Maybe I'll buy a new knife! Very Happy
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:17 pm

$100 Ticket to Charlie Sheen's Radio City Music Hall Show. Whatever that ends up being.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:52 pm

youre really going?
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robo-Pussy Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Hell yea! My friend just bought the tickets on stub hub! I'm so curious to find out what this show could possibly be.

Robo-Pussy
Bicurous

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:44 pm

I think it'll be a great cure for insomnia.

Or, it'll be indefinitely postponed, due to Charlie being hospitalized for "exhaustion".
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by karausu Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 am

Jesse wrote:i'm glad i made the switch over to apple. Finally got the hang of it and everything feels so damn good.

You can see and feel the quality of their work and i have no problem paying a bit extra for it.

Agreed. I payed almost 2,000 for a high-end dell more than 5 years ago, and it felt like crap the whole time.

I still have my macbook, from several years ago and I've never had to reformat or worry about anything, other than upgrading the HD and memory. I've also found more use with iMovie, and Garageband than anything windows had to offer. Moviemaker sucked big nuts.

Oh yeah .. and customer service is amazing. Any and all problems can be handled at an apple store or through their 800 number, opposed to talking to some indian dude across the ocean who's reading off a cue-card. Eff that ess.

karausu
Forever Trollin'

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Some ipad apps and beer.
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:03 pm

bought some Jordans for about 420 shipped.

Dude claims shoes were damaged in transit and will be issuing me a refund.

lying sack of shit.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Bought that Travis Barker cd.

I had a BB gift card.
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:26 pm

i enjoyed it.
Jesse
Jesse
Bill Murray

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by chingon Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Yeah I'm liking it. Especially Saturday Night and Raw Shit.

I also got Machete on dvd. Cant believe I didnt already own that one.
chingon
chingon
Snidely Creeper

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soylent Brown Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 pm

a Diva Cup! and sherbet
Soylent Brown
Soylent Brown
Pizza Pizza

Space Vessel
Craft ID:
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:32 pm

pokemon black
uhoh
uhoh
Goat Sucker

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 pm

I paid a lot of money to become a redhead yesterday, then I went to Uburger cause I was hungry.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:16 pm

I get paid tomorrow.

I will surely waste it on some bullshit. dildos and shit.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't get dildos. I totally get vibrators though.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 pm

you never get a double ended dildo and go wild on another girl?
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Nah, I'm not in a Darren Aronofosky movie.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm not suggesting that you'd do it for drugs, but for pleasure.
Garrett
Garrett
What For?

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoogans Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:01 pm

If I'm not doing it for drugs, then I just don't see the point.
Snoogans
Snoogans
Titties and Weed

Space Vessel
Shields:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next